Home

Old 11-04-2008, 05:17 PM   #9
Rookie

buckeye cntry's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Interceptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Until the in-game momentum effects are toned down, interceptions will continue to be a problem in User played games.

I will agree with fist though because with AWR at 0 and KND below 25 there will be far fewer INTs. Any sliders with AWR above 20 are flawed IMO and will result in a turnover happy game.

In addition, CPU QBA should be above default at all times if you're getting too many turnovers.

Lastly, all user teams should play with their Defensive Aggression slider below 50. I actually believe all user teams should play at 0, but that may be too extreme for some people. With this slider at 0 and the above sliders set, pretty much all of your INTs will be user picks unless momentum gets highly in your favor. That still means 1-2 INT per game for most good players against similarly rated teams, but you'll have 0 INT games and some 4 INT games against weak QB's or in momentum driven games.

Lowering the defensive aggression slider in the coaching strategy lowers interceptions? I thought about this one, but never gave it a try. I will try it tonight.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:18 PM   #10
Rookie

buckeye cntry's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
They are really a function of Awareness and Knockdowns more than anything. I see many games where I get 5+ sacks, alot of pressure and 0 picks.

Try putting Human Awareness at 0 and KD at 25 and Int at 0........Just try it for a game and report back, you'll like what you see.
Does putting awareness at 0 affect the outside rush. Does the awareness setting at 0 make a huge difference in the defensive reaction time?
Old 11-04-2008, 07:30 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye cntry
Does putting awareness at 0 affect the outside rush. Does the awareness setting at 0 make a huge difference in the defensive reaction time?

The O-line/D-line interaction is much better, just try it, it plays the best that way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2008, 07:56 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
The O-line/D-line interaction is much better, just try it, it plays the best that way.
I could have swore that you went to 0 awareness and then back again to something greater then zero..... did you finalize at zero? I thought that caused horrible pursuit angles or something....

did you triple stamp a double stamp? Lloyd, Lloyd!!!!
Old 11-05-2008, 09:20 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
I could have swore that you went to 0 awareness and then back again to something greater then zero..... did you finalize at zero? I thought that caused horrible pursuit angles or something....

did you triple stamp a double stamp? Lloyd, Lloyd!!!!
Human AWR at 0, AI AWR @ 100. Been playing like this for a while now. I get plenty of pressure on the QB and turnovers are at a premium. A bad AI QB may throw 2 or 3 picks in a game, but a good one most likely won't throw more than 1 if any. I see many games with 0 to 1 turnovers by the AI.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:28 AM   #14
Pro

m00d's Arena

OVR: 7

Have you guys done any testing of the home field advantage feature?
In previous versions of the game (original xbox) it was tied to momentum.
I'm wondering if HFA was turned off would the momentum based blow outs, interceptions, etc. be toned down?
Old 11-07-2008, 08:23 AM   #15
Rookie

buckeye cntry's Arena

I keep home field advantage off, which helps. I believe it is tied to momentum. I think someone else mentioned in this thread to throw short passes when the QB gets rattled to get him back in the game. This does work. I think I settled the issue with my sliders. I tried youALreadyknow's idea dropping the defensive aggression slider way down seems to help. I dropped it to ten. I have only had 4 user picks in three games. Here is what I am using right now:

Varsity 7min HFA OFF (I only control a DL, will use a DB to SWAT the ball down.)
OFFENSE
HUM/CPU
QB Acc-35 /60
Pb Blk-15 /5
Wr Cth-0 /5-10
RB Abi-60 /60
RB Blk-50 /100

DEFENSE
Awr-15 /100
Knd-60 /90
Int-0 /0
BB-25 /100
Tck-30 /40

SP
FG Pwr-5 /5
FG ACC-35 /35
Pnt Pwr-0 /25
Pnt Acc-35 /35
KO Pwr-60 /70

Last edited by buckeye cntry; 11-07-2008 at 08:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »