Home

Speed differential

This is a discussion on Speed differential within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2010, 05:00 PM   #1
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26
Speed differential

I'm really not sure what to do with this slider. I play with a created team that I patterned after Alabama's roster. Would the speed differential setting set to low (say...15?) help the cpu offense/defense against a dominant team? Would that even the field a bit, so to speak?

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2010, 08:47 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Speed differential

If it's the speed threshold you're referring to, I have it set to 0, it makes the gap between runners with high speed and acceleration against runners with low speed and acceleration the largest, the closer you get to 100, the smaller a difference you'll see between fast players and slow players. I think having it at 0 really makes locomotion shine as well.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:42 PM   #3
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunpatrick
If it's the speed threshold you're referring to, I have it set to 0, it makes the gap between runners with high speed and acceleration against runners with low speed and acceleration the largest, the closer you get to 100, the smaller a difference you'll see between fast players and slow players. I think having it at 0 really makes locomotion shine as well.
Tru dat...With the threshhold speed @ O, you will see TRUE speed differentials between WRs, DBs,LBs, & Lineman. You will get your mismatches & advantages w/ your speed players. I've been burnt by as much as 10 yds w/ this & Ditto...LOVE IT
Old 07-28-2010, 04:17 PM   #4
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

Man, I've had it all wrong, then. I was under the impression that the lower the number (speed threshhold), the narrower the gap between fast/slow players. Thanks for clearing that up!

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 07-28-2010, 04:37 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

I have athread where I tested the threshold slider. A value of 70 gives you the real world gap. Open receivers deep occur against man mismatches but are still not 100%. I think people expect too many open deep routes. Because of AI route jumping and poor CPU deep passes I set this at 65 which is closer too reality and I have very realistic results. If you want wide open easy deep passes leave at 50 or decrease further. If you want a harder game increase this. However due to super AI route jumping I recommend to decrease pass coverage to 40 or 45 depending on your skill.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »