Home

Interception Slider

This is a discussion on Interception Slider within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2010, 08:35 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 11
Interception Slider

How come all the slider sets I see have Interceptions turned down to 25 or so? I have mine set at 60 right now for Human, and 55 for CPU. And I still have easily catchable balls bounce off my players hands.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is it maybe my CBs are just horrible at catching?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 11:17 AM   #2
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Interception Slider

Dude, I'm with you here. I've not been able to generate many interceptions at all no matter what I do with the sliders.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 08-19-2010, 01:38 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeskCoder
How come all the slider sets I see have Interceptions turned down to 25 or so? I have mine set at 60 right now for Human, and 55 for CPU. And I still have easily catchable balls bounce off my players hands.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is it maybe my CBs are just horrible at catching?
There may be other sliders that affect your defensive players ability to catch. From what I have seen, the interception slider at high settings will cause your players to warp and boost to jump routes. I believe the interception sliders affect coverage as well, particularly on slants and drags
Old 08-19-2010, 04:59 PM   #4
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
There may be other sliders that affect your defensive players ability to catch. From what I have seen, the interception slider at high settings will cause your players to warp and boost to jump routes. I believe the interception sliders affect coverage as well, particularly on slants and drags
I will vouch for this....definitely true.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 08-19-2010, 05:23 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeskCoder

Your not imagining it.....

They decreased the chances of a INT being made this year compaired to 09 and 10 versions.

While the catch ratings have been decreased from years past i also think they modified the int catch frequency because a player in NCAA 09 with 60 catch rating would basically pick off like 6 out of every 10 passes he was able to get his hands on.

So lowered the catch ratings accross the boards to make the DB's and LB's drop more passes.

Sam thing in NCAA 10 i reduced the catch ratings down

Now this year even with the catch ratings pretty similiar to what they had been in NCAA 09 and 10 with default rosters the percentage of INT's have been reduced down.

A player with 60 catch rating on defense is now catching about 40% of possible INT's that he gets his hands on this year. I tested this with some created DB's on my Alumni file same exact ratings they had from 09 and 10 but the results in that players ability to catch passes has reduced down even though his catch rating is still 60.

I'm on Varisty level and you can actually boost up the INT slider for both CPU and Human on Varsity level it acts more like a reaction slider to the pass then it does as a true INT slider now.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2010, 03:16 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
I was going to ask this. I bumped it up to 70, and there are less dropped INTs ... because my DBs are swatting the ball more. They seem to be playing better defense, but I have not notice more INTs.

I may up catching (since CPU Tight Ends drop a lot of balls), and see if that helps my defense.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:09 PM   #7
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Your not imagining it.....

They decreased the chances of a INT being made this year compaired to 09 and 10 versions.

While the catch ratings have been decreased from years past i also think they modified the int catch frequency because a player in NCAA 09 with 60 catch rating would basically pick off like 6 out of every 10 passes he was able to get his hands on.

So lowered the catch ratings accross the boards to make the DB's and LB's drop more passes.

Sam thing in NCAA 10 i reduced the catch ratings down

Now this year even with the catch ratings pretty similiar to what they had been in NCAA 09 and 10 with default rosters the percentage of INT's have been reduced down.

A player with 60 catch rating on defense is now catching about 40% of possible INT's that he gets his hands on this year. I tested this with some created DB's on my Alumni file same exact ratings they had from 09 and 10 but the results in that players ability to catch passes has reduced down even though his catch rating is still 60.

I'm on Varisty level and you can actually boost up the INT slider for both CPU and Human on Varsity level it acts more like a reaction slider to the pass then it does as a true INT slider now.
I really dont like that they're increasing dropped picks considering that I can now call perfect coverage only to have my guys drop pick after pick.

I set interceptions to 85, but like others have noticed no change.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:57 PM   #8
MVP

GaryT531's Arena

OVR: 19

i pretty much play on default heisman with a few minor changes, and cpu int is one of them. yesterday i dropped it from 45 to 40 due to the amount of over the shoulder int's occurring on deep routes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »