Home

If anyone is interested in NCAA 11 still, may have solution to option "woes"

This is a discussion on If anyone is interested in NCAA 11 still, may have solution to option "woes" within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
If anyone is interested in NCAA 11 still, may have solution to option "woes"

I've been fiddling with sliders... I'm a cpu vs cpu. kind of guy, and I may have some sliders that can help with running the option. I'm watching Navy @ GTech right now, and I'm hoping this isn't one of those "too good to be true moments" but Nesbitt was actually making smart plays. If anyone is interested in my putting them up, please reply letting me know. I will admit, I didn't create them, I found them on here. But, when I found them they were created for NCAA Football 06 (or 2005, one of those two), and I decided to try them on NCAA 11. I'll post results after the game finishes up.
James Naismith visited an Indiana basketball state finals game along with 15,000 screaming fans and later wrote, that while it was invented in Massachusetts, "basketball really had its origin in Indiana, which remains the center of the sport."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2011, 05:01 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: If anyone is interested in NCAA 11 still, may have solution to option "woes"

im interested
Old 04-04-2011, 09:35 PM   #3
Pro

Re: If anyone is interested in NCAA 11 still, may have solution to option "woes"

Quote:
Originally Posted by anelson23
im interested
alright, I'm still testing a bit, I'll post them when I get the chance.
James Naismith visited an Indiana basketball state finals game along with 15,000 screaming fans and later wrote, that while it was invented in Massachusetts, "basketball really had its origin in Indiana, which remains the center of the sport."
Old 04-05-2011, 07:54 AM   #4
Pro

Okay, so I actually did away with the set I stated up above, in favor of something different. I'm looking at Claystone's sliders at the moment, but I made some tweaks. I'm not sure if I'm really looking for "realism" right now as much as I'm looking for the option to actually work. I am running a game Navy @ Georgia Tech right now. I will post results of this one when it finishes.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:21 AM   #5
Pro

Okay, wow, what a game. Georgia Tech just took it away from Navy starting on the opening play. Nesbitt made a pitch, Roddy Jones avoids a huge gang tackle and runs 80 yards for a touchdown (keep in mind, they're playing Navy). Navy was only able to pick up a field goal. After that, GTech took over with 4 field goals. Navy "attempted a comeback" late in the 4th by picking up a touchdown, but failing to convert the 2 point conversion.

Looking at these stats, Well, it isn't really fixed and GTech got lucky lol

Final score:
GTech 26
Navy 9

Passing: Navy: Dobbs 11/21 197 yards 2 ints
Procter 2/4 11 yards 1 TD

GTech: Nesbitt 9/21 120 yards no TD's no int's

Rushing: Navy: Dobbs 10 rushes, 10 yards
Murray 7 rushes 19 yards
Byrd 6 rushes 4 yards
Greene 5 rushes 49 yards

GTech: Nesbitt 14 rushes -9 yards (I think it's because his speed is only an 82)
Jones 7 rushes 117 yards 1 touchdown
Aalen 7 rushes 16 yards

There were a lot of players with carries, so I just listed the first few for each team.

Basically, what i saw in this game was two rather awful teams. I'm using ROMAN CAESAR's rosters btw. Here are the 2 team's ratings for offense, defense, overall:

Navy:
OVR: C+
OFF: B-
DEF: C+

GTech:
OVR: B
OFF: B
DEF: B

This is why I think Nesbitt's speed rating had to do with his god awful rushing stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2011, 02:39 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Sliders alone won't fix the CPU's ability to execute the option.

The option teams have to be edited and it doesn't even require fast QB's to work.

Offensive Line has to be quick within the 1st 5 yards getting out in space that is where acceleration ratings are important along with IMPACT Blocking and Run Block Footwork ratings.

Most people tend to think strength is the most important rating for OL in this game but it's actually their footwork ratings and awareness that gives the best on the field gameplay

Then you have to increase the blocking ratings of the RB's, FB's and Wr's to make it work and then the QB's even with 70 speed can be effective aslong they have good awareness and Ball carrier vision ratings

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 04-05-2011, 04:09 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Sliders alone won't fix the CPU's ability to execute the option.

The option teams have to be edited and it doesn't even require fast QB's to work.

Offensive Line has to be quick within the 1st 5 yards getting out in space that is where acceleration ratings are important along with IMPACT Blocking and Run Block Footwork ratings.

Most people tend to think strength is the most important rating for OL in this game but it's actually their footwork ratings and awareness that gives the best on the field gameplay

Then you have to increase the blocking ratings of the RB's, FB's and Wr's to make it work and then the QB's even with 70 speed can be effective aslong they have good awareness and Ball carrier vision ratings

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I'm not really putting a full heroric effort into this either lol because NCAA 12 will come out soon enough, and who knows, maybe things will be fixed up *fingers crossed*

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »