Home

NCAA 12 All-American Slider Set

This is a discussion on NCAA 12 All-American Slider Set within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 01:52 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA 12 All-American Slider Set

Awesome to see you back, I LOVED your NCAA 11 sliders, and were IMO the best. Have total trust in these NCAA12 ones.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:18 AM   #34
Rookie

kkman187's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
Awesome to see you back, I LOVED your NCAA 11 sliders, and were IMO the best. Have total trust in these NCAA12 ones.
I have been testing for a while now. I have the fg sliders done. I am tweaking the main sliders right now. So far, the game plays really well. There will not be as much to tweak, compared to last year. Biggest change I have made so far is setting the speed threshold to 25. That is my spot this year, compared to last year's 35. i am going to do a couple test games and see how my slider set is working. Also, PS3 patch is available. I will post my first beta set before I go to sleep sometime in the morning, who knows.
"There are enough flaws with this game (NCAA 10) as it is w/o people believing that the game will rape your girlfriend, knock up your mom and steal your identity before jumping out the window screaming..."Season Showdown Rules, Bitchesssssssss!"
- DonohoFlnkr

Last edited by kkman187; 07-12-2011 at 04:30 AM.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:11 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkman187
I have been testing for a while now. I have the fg sliders done. I am tweaking the main sliders right now. So far, the game plays really well. There will not be as much to tweak, compared to last year. Biggest change I have made so far is setting the speed threshold to 25. That is my spot this year, compared to last year's 35. i am going to do a couple test games and see how my slider set is working. Also, PS3 patch is available. I will post my first beta set before I go to sleep sometime in the morning, who knows.
Awesome, I will make the adjustment to my threshold slider. I think someone else mentioned this is the sweetspot as well.

Also, have you labbed the run block for the CPU yet? 55 seems to play well.

Seriously looking forward to these sliders!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 11:23 AM   #36
Rookie

kkman187's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
Awesome, I will make the adjustment to my threshold slider. I think someone else mentioned this is the sweetspot as well.

Also, have you labbed the run block for the CPU yet? 55 seems to play well.

Seriously looking forward to these sliders!
Got bogged down in custom playbooks for two hours, but I have done about 3 test games and lots of practice mode. Right now, cpu run block is at 55, but I might bump it up to 60. I am still early in testing, but I am aiming to release the first beta set in the afternoon.
"There are enough flaws with this game (NCAA 10) as it is w/o people believing that the game will rape your girlfriend, knock up your mom and steal your identity before jumping out the window screaming..."Season Showdown Rules, Bitchesssssssss!"
- DonohoFlnkr
Old 07-12-2011, 12:12 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 3

have to say a huge thank you for working on these and doing it quickly. I too look forward to your realism. First I'll lock in your settings, then the community rosters for 360 and then enjoy.

again, appreciated.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:26 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkman187
As always, don't blindly accept these sliders (or any for that matter) as the final word. Always make changes that suit your need. Not everyone plays at the same level. Some are worse or better at passing, running, and defense. Remember, the best slider set is always your own!
I appreciate when people contribute their work to the message board, but I always very much disagree with this statement.

People should research a slider set, and go with one. When people are encouraged to make adjustments based on "Not everyone plays at the same level....." it insinuates that people should adjust the sliders if they are finding one portion of the game or another too difficult. Adjusting sliders shouldn't be based on how "hard" you find the game, it should be based on how realistic you feel the CPU and Human teams are playing. If you're playing as a bottom feeder Big 10 team against Auburn, Oregon, or whoever, then you SHOULD get beaten soundly. If you play that game 10 times and you win 3, then to me that means the sliders aren't realistic. Or you're cheating.

I think too often people get frustrated because they're losing/struggling, not because the game isn't being realistic. It's hard for people to accept losing; it's like many people just want the games to be close.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:36 PM   #39
Rookie

kkman187's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
I appreciate when people contribute their work to the message board, but I always very much disagree with this statement.

People should research a slider set, and go with one. When people are encouraged to make adjustments based on "Not everyone plays at the same level....." it insinuates that people should adjust the sliders if they are finding one portion of the game or another too difficult. Adjusting sliders shouldn't be based on how "hard" you find the game, it should be based on how realistic you feel the CPU and Human teams are playing. If you're playing as a bottom feeder Big 10 team against Auburn, Oregon, or whoever, then you SHOULD get beaten soundly. If you play that game 10 times and you win 3, then to me that means the sliders aren't realistic. Or you're cheating.

I think too often people get frustrated because they're losing/struggling, not because the game isn't being realistic. It's hard for people to accept losing; it's like many people just want the games to be close.
There is a difference between realism, and tweaking for skill level. I am pretty good at user catching, but I am a horrible QB. I am an average runner, and my Defense is good at best. Now, I make my sliders as hard as possible, but I always go for average stats with the base set. However, this base set can't uniformly apply to everyone.

I agree people aren't used too losing, but isn't it their choice to change what they feel isn't realistic? With my base set from last, it would take a miracle to beat Alabama as Louisiana-Monroe. However, if someone wants to tone it down, I can't stop them. No slider set can apply to everyone. Most slider makers concede this, and most put what to change if you aren't running or passing well. No matter what I put on the first page, people will always change what they feel isn't realistic or what bugs them. This is the whole reason I got into slider making. I used SN's set for NCAA 2010; I started to use his last year, but decided to do my own after tweaking the hell out of his. Again, it's hard to say what is realistic because people's opinion and user skill differ greatly from person to person.
- DonohoFlnkr

Last edited by kkman187; 07-12-2011 at 01:42 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:03 PM   #40
Banned

If you can find the sweet spot in the CPU running game.. I think you got something with ease..

Option teams still struggle.. Only saw some good running with last years PM Varsity sliders, but I'm sure AA is the way to go ( People are swearing on Heisman.. FG dumbest does it for me on that level

Look forward to sliders

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »