Home

Topic for OS Labrats Regarding Coaching Aggressiveness Sliders

This is a discussion on Topic for OS Labrats Regarding Coaching Aggressiveness Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2011, 07:28 AM   #1
Pro

sycodmn's Arena

OVR: 5
Topic for OS Labrats Regarding Coaching Aggressiveness Sliders

So, despite it's well documented (and hopefully, temporary) blemishes, NCAA12 is looking like it could be the defining NCAA of this console generation. There is a lot to like about this game, and, with a little work (and a patch), it could easily hook me harder than any football game before it.

That's why I come to the OS Sliders forum, where all the Labrats hang out, testing and tweaking, looking to bring that potential out. I used to be a guy that just found someone's sliders and ran with it, but this year I've caught the bug.

In previous years, I, and others, have had a lot of success using the Coaching Sliders (Run/Pass Balance, Offensive/Defensive Aggressiveness) to help alleviate AI play-calling issues. With the addition of a coaching roster this year, that becomes even more convenient, No more hour (or so) spent changing coaching sliders each time you want to start a dynasty, as everything can be saved, and, from my limited testing, now affects Play Now games.

With all my rambling exposition out of the way, the main thrust of this topic is to try and see if we can alleviate an issue I'm seeing, an issue that has been around for quite some time, and that's the Time Of Possession battle. While the CPU seems to run the ball at a decent rate, in terms of number of plays, I'm still seeing drives that look like '7 Plays, 64 Yards, 1:25 Min'. The CPU is putting together drives, but a combination of snapping the ball quickly (it would seem there is very little we can do about that), and a lack of a short passing game are making even longer drives short.

I'm mostly wondering if anyone has put in some lab time with the aggressiveness sliders, and if so, do they affect the STYLE of passing by the CPU. If you drop the offensive aggressiveness, does the CPU run more of a horizontal passing game?

If no one's done this, I'll see if I can put in the time, but I thought I'd see if anyone else has done any work with this, save the time, you know?

Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »