Home

Versuz Update on Sliders

This is a discussion on Versuz Update on Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2011, 02:05 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Versuz Update on Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
For my two cents:

1) THe practice mode glitze on run plays has been confirmed by me as being in dynasty mode but only occurs if their is cover 2 zone defenses and doesn't occur with coutners or options against so this is hard to recreate in an actual game with random playcalling by CPU. If you want to test just run a hb toss over and over on every down and eventually you will see the CB rush you. Check the replay and the WR stood frozen with no attempt to block.

2) QB accuracy slider isn't just broken for dynasty but also for practice mode. Setup pass block at 100 and throw the ball on a deep route without moving. It has a big impact on short route completion but had no effect on deep routes in my practice mode testing or in dynasty mode. The slider effects your accuracy on the run and on short routes when pressured. If you stand still and throw a deep bomb it is perfect everytime. EA needs to fix this and have 2 sliders one for deep and one for short/medium throws. That would really give slider makers control of the game in terms of YPC and number of plays in a drive. Oh well that will have to wait until next year. . .or the next...or the next.
This where Madden is superior to NCAA IMO

The QB's have accuarcy ratings and you can tell in Madden there are some QB's who really struggle to throw deep especially once you reduce the QBA slider in Madden.

Last year in NCAA i saw more throws in one game attempted deep that were off target then i've ever seen in NCAA 12 during multiple games played. I think the slider last year effected Accuarcy in larger way as opposed to now.

I'm almost tempted to edit QB throwing power accross the boards in order to make it IMPACT QB deep ball ability....besides there isn't that many College QB's who excel at throw deep but EA has this idea that every QB is John Elway and in return you can take your 3rd string QB and light up the defense with tons of big plays down the field

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 04:03 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
You SecElite3 are aware of the Deep passing being awful.

Play a few games with QB acc at 0
Then go to practice and throw a few passes. you will overthrow most of them. While in game you won´t.

There you have the evidence
I've actually noticed this and documented it before as well.

When you set QB ACC at 5 or 0, you literally cannot hit a target in practice. Wild throws, on every single throw, no matter how close or far the WR is to you.

In a game, you can put up a really good % number. It's kinda weird.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:21 PM   #27
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
I've actually noticed this and documented it before as well.

When you set QB ACC at 5 or 0, you literally cannot hit a target in practice. Wild throws, on every single throw, no matter how close or far the WR is to you.

In a game, you can put up a really good % number. It's kinda weird.
I have noticed this as well, passing is horrid in practice mode with the accuracy neutered.

PSN: hoos4974
Old 08-07-2011, 01:55 AM   #28
Pro

wepr3's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia51
I think it really depends on whether or not you are "lead" passing... when lead passing you can really see the difference in accuracy that low. While on the other hand even with a crappy QB if you throw a pass w/o lead passing than they are pretty accurate most of the time. At least that's what I have noticed.

Also to speak on the practice vs ingame... yes there is a big difference.

There is even a difference between play now vs dynasty. Its gotta be something behind the scenes that we don't know about from previous versions of the game.
I thought I was crazy, glad someone else feels the same way.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #29
Pro

GiantYankee's Arena

OVR: 8

Does anyone have Versuz's varsity sliders for NCAA 12? His youtube channel is unavailable. NCAA 13 doesn't seem to be great so I wanna give 12 another shot.
Michigan Wolverines (11 National Championships)
New York Rangers (4 Stanley Cups)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »