Home

Sliders can fix the psychic DBs/LBs

This is a discussion on Sliders can fix the psychic DBs/LBs within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2011, 10:39 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Sliders can fix the psychic DBs/LBs

I see a lot of threads here, and I just felt like I should share for those that don't go in the sliders section. Yes, this is not for online ranked - but here's a video showing what sliders can do.

Note: This video was created for my sliders thread, I posted a video before this showing the sliders, and my breakdown.

My focus here is purely on the reaction and priorities of the DBs/LBs.

Heisman, Zero speed threshold, Very slow gameplay (HUM RBA @ 100 makes game speed up) - sliders in sig, also included is a breakdown of my slider values. I'm not aiming to grab them as the attention getter, but just the fact that something can be done to limit the amount of unrealistic plays you see.

Last edited by Matt10; 08-04-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 10:42 AM   #2
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Sliders can fix the psychic DBs/LBs

What level, based on my time with the game that seriously looks like Freshman, on even Varsity even with pass coverage at zero, DB's for the CPU are off the charts in coverage, glued to your guys, regardless of ratings.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:44 AM   #3
Rookie

pendo's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
What level, based on my time with the game that seriously looks like Freshman, on even Varsity even with pass coverage at zero, DB's for the CPU are off the charts in coverage, glued to your guys, regardless of ratings.
Where are his sliders? What level is he playing on? Have him run it 10 times and we will see what happens.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:46 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Heisman, 0 speed threshold, Very slow speed. RBA @ 100 for HUM. My sliders (in sig) explain everything. I didn't want to just shout go check out my sliders, it's not about that - it's about the possibility that something can be done about the issues at hand.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #5
Rookie

pendo's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Heisman, 0 speed threshold, Very slow speed. RBA @ 100 for HUM. My sliders (in sig) explain everything. I didn't want to just shout go check out my sliders, it's not about that - it's about the possibility that something can be done about the issues at hand.
No offence but it seems to me that it has gone too far in the opposite direction. The linebacker seemed to be almost brain dead because he wouldn't be looking at the WR in the first place as he had corner and safety help. The linebacker could have just raised his arm and would have batted that, no need for a massive jump.

I agree that something can be done, but to me, you have lost something else within the game that was good to be able to achieve it. Good work though, i am impressed you managed to get anything out of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 10:55 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendo
No offence but it seems to me that it has gone too far in the opposite direction. The linebacker seemed to be almost brain dead because he wouldn't be looking at the WR in the first place as he had corner and safety help. The linebacker could have just raised his arm and would have batted that, no need for a massive jump.

I agree that something can be done, but to me, you have lost something else within the game that was good to be able to achieve it. Good work though, i am impressed you managed to get anything out of it.
None taken. I'm glad you got the concept of the video though. And of course it's by no means a final set - it is just something to build off of. I'm not going to say I've fixed the game, I'm just going to say that sliders can make it a better experience.

BTW - The whole point of me posting this was to be in the main NCAA forum? It gives hope to those who never even heard of sliders - can a Mod please move this back? Just trying to spread the word. Some people dont' even know the possibilities - wouldn't it be nice to see some good reactions for a change?
Old 08-04-2011, 11:22 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 7

Matt, are you the one that said the coverage slidler is reversed? I played with it last night and agree with you completely. On 0, there is a lot of mirroring, more swats by DL/LB, and in coverage the defense is very aggressive. On 100, there is no mirroring, much less swats by DL/LB, and in coverage the secondary is slow to react. This is on AA.

My question to you is the running defense slider. Have you played with it? Is it correct or reversed... My tests were inconclusive last night...
Old 08-04-2011, 11:25 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fldash
Matt, are you the one that said the coverage slidler is reversed? I played with it last night and agree with you completely. On 0, there is a lot of mirroring, more swats by DL/LB, and in coverage the defense is very aggressive. On 100, there is no mirroring, much less swats by DL/LB, and in coverage the secondary is slow to react. This is on AA.

My question to you is the running defense slider. Have you played with it? Is it correct or reversed... My tests were inconclusive last night...
Yeah that's correct, pcv is reversed. Run defense, not tested it yet. Will make sure to take a look today though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »