Home

firktaf's Heisman Sliders (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED By AuburnAlumni)

This is a discussion on firktaf's Heisman Sliders (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED By AuburnAlumni) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2008, 05:10 AM   #1
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
firktaf's Heisman Sliders (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED By AuburnAlumni)

These are the ones I'll be using from this point until the Patch comes out. Absolutely brilliant work, especially on GREATLY decreasing the bad pass rush issues. Kudos my man!

Sliders and Settings

Heisman - 7 Minute Quarters (I use 8 but either are great).

Slider User(CPU)
QB Awareness 40 (50)
Pass Blocking 25 (50)
WR Catching 15 (50)
RB Ability 95 (50)
Run Blocking 80 (50)

Awareness 70 (40)
Knockdowns 70 (65)
Interceptions 35 (35)
Break Block 100 (25)
Tackling 70 (45)

FG Power 40 (40)
FG Accuracy 0 (0)
Punt Power 50 (50)
Punt Accuracy 50 (50)
Kickoff Power 60 (60)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 05:32 AM   #2
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: firktaf's Heisman Sliders (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED By AuburnAlumni)

i read that they can be used with AA too? Any real difference, anyone know?
Old 07-17-2008, 05:46 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

playing a game on these right now....cant get any offense going and the computer is running all over me, and the passing game is seemingly unstoppable (R. Marve 10-13 123 1 TD, 0 INT). Down 14-0 at miami with florida, 5:04 left in the 2nd quarter. ill keep you guys posted. i know it seems like im bashing the sliders, but they dont seem all that bad. maybe just a little tweaking is needed to adjust to my ability, taste, etc.

EDIT: I don't know if I'm convinced that the sliders are reversed. These kicked my ***. I had 40 yards of total offense in the first half.

Last edited by stlcards213; 07-17-2008 at 06:00 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:13 AM   #4
Rookie

firktaf's Arena

OVR: 7

Haha, thanks for the endorsement.

I had actually decided to hold off on posting this because I found out that pjv31 had been using these on All American and I wanted to test them on that before being certain that Heisman was the way to go. This is fine though.

Just so everyone knows, I came up with these after testing each and every slider individually. I determined that CPU Offense sliders are completely non-effective and that the CPU Offense is affected exactly as much by the User Offense sliders as the User. Makes sense? All of the other sliders work correctly and for their own category. There is no mis-mapping or anything like that. Just a bug for the CPU Offense sliders.

I wouldn't say that these are perfect but they are definitely a step in the right direction. So far, all of the QB stats that I have seen have the QB percentage anywhere from 50-65%. pjv31 reported that the Running Backs in his games(I believe he also had the RB Ability at 90, not 95) got good yardage but weren't unstoppable. Also, in his first game he had 3 sacks and then, in his next game, he got 6 sacks! pjv31 and bad_philanthropy have also noted that the the CPU is even going with deep ball more than previously. And obviously AuburnAlumni is enjoying them as well, lol.

Right now, I'm uncertain as to whether Heisman or AA is the correct way, so try it with either and post how it works for you. I'm also going to look into punts and kickoffs tomorrow based off of adembroski's suggestions and see if I can figure out something for those.

Enjoy!

Last edited by firktaf; 07-17-2008 at 07:03 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:20 AM   #5
Rookie

firktaf's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcards213
playing a game on these right now....cant get any offense going and the computer is running all over me, and the passing game is seemingly unstoppable (R. Marve 10-13 123 1 TD, 0 INT). Down 14-0 at miami with florida, 5:04 left in the 2nd quarter. ill keep you guys posted. i know it seems like im bashing the sliders, but they dont seem all that bad. maybe just a little tweaking is needed to adjust to my ability, taste, etc.

EDIT: I don't know if I'm convinced that the sliders are reversed. These kicked my ***. I had 40 yards of total offense in the first half.
Try playing it on AA and see how that works. You could try putting the QB Accuracy down to 35 but, keep in mind, that this will also hurt your QB. I think, for now, just try it on AA and see if this improves it at all for you.

EDIT: Also, don't know how I missed this, but for your running defense issues, if the issue is that the Running Back is just kind of beastly and not that your team is getting completely run over, try dropping the RB Ability down to 90. I think 85 would be too low because both running games got completely shut down when I had it that low but obviously you can try it if you'd like. If that's not the issue, you could also try raising the User Defense Awareness and Tackling.

One more thing. For the passing game again, this could just be an oddity of a good game for their QB since this is the first time I've seen anyone with a Completion Percentage higher than 66% on these sliders. But at the same time, not everyone has been posting their stats from the other thread. I'm more concerned about trying to find the right balance for the Running Backs since I think the sliders concerning the Quarterbacks and passing are pretty spot on but might need some adjustment. But I would like to hear what results you get while slightly adjusting these.

Last edited by firktaf; 07-17-2008 at 07:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 07:14 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by firktaf
Try playing it on AA and see how that works. You could try putting the QB Accuracy down to 35 but, keep in mind, that this will also hurt your QB. I think, for now, just try it on AA and see if this improves it at all for you.
thanks firktaf.

im going to try on AA tomorrow. i'm not ripping your sliders or anything like that by the way. just freaking anxious to get this game as realistic as i can!

Last edited by stlcards213; 07-17-2008 at 07:17 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:54 AM   #7
Rookie

firktaf's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcards213
thanks firktaf.

im going to try on AA tomorrow. i'm not ripping your sliders or anything like that by the way. just freaking anxious to get this game as realistic as i can!
It's fine, don't worry about it. I think that most of us here are after the same thing. There's this one saying, I forget by who though, that goes something like: "Imagine the things mankind could achieve if no one took credit for anything and everyone worked towards a common goal." I just want everyone to have sliders that work for them even if it's not the same as my patented sliders, lol. The only thing I desire is that the criticisms are constructive so that I might be able to help someone or even everyone find a better way for them. So yeah, let me know how it works for you. Oh, and make sure to check out the edit above in my response to you.

Damn, that response feels preachy, lol.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:45 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

These are extremely close to what I've been using on AA. My one question is about INT's. I still have my HUM INT at 0, and last night using Auburn we had nine...NINE int's against BYU. I did have the QB accuracy a little lower though.

Are you getting good CPU int numbers with these?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »