Home

Pass defense sliders on heisman

This is a discussion on Pass defense sliders on heisman within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-11-2011, 09:51 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
Angry Pass defense sliders on heisman

Idk what to do anymore, its just ridiculous. Even when im playing MAC school with Ohio State, they are throwing for 200+ yards, completing 70% of their passes, and not throwing any picks on heisman. I would try AA, but i feel that their play selection is terrible (verticals every other passing down) and it is too easy. I have put pass coverage up, I have turned cpu passing from 0-100 (reverse slider or no?), but nothing works. Their receivers get separation and their QBs constantly put it right on the money. Never over/under thrown. Makes the game suck
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 10:14 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Pass defense sliders on heisman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
Idk what to do anymore, its just ridiculous. Even when im playing MAC school with Ohio State, they are throwing for 200+ yards, completing 70% of their passes, and not throwing any picks on heisman. I would try AA, but i feel that their play selection is terrible (verticals every other passing down) and it is too easy. I have put pass coverage up, I have turned cpu passing from 0-100 (reverse slider or no?), but nothing works. Their receivers get separation and their QBs constantly put it right on the money. Never over/under thrown. Makes the game suck
Try PCV for HUM @ 0-20 (in that range) and QBA @ zero to 5 for CPU - not t mentin, WRC to 40 for CPU.

Also, put more pressure on the QB by raising HUM Pass rush to above 60.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:59 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Try PCV for HUM @ 0-20 (in that range) and QBA @ zero to 5 for CPU - not t mentin, WRC to 40 for CPU.

Also, put more pressure on the QB by raising HUM Pass rush to above 60.
Thanks for the advice. Why put human coverage so low, wouldnt that make the problem worse?
Old 08-12-2011, 09:07 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. Why put human coverage so low, wouldnt that make the problem worse?
you OSU fans are slow arent ya sorry had to take a quick jab!

this year the Pass covg sliders are backward so 0 = 100 100 = 0.....
Old 08-12-2011, 09:36 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Play with Matt10's sliders. You'll see a very nice (and realistic) variety of games regarding passing stats.

Here are some things to consider when playing on Heisman:
1. The CPU will know when you're blitzing and will often, though not always, slide protection or move a back or a TE over to help out. This happens most with QBs who have high awareness. So be prepared to audible out of a blitz call if you see the QB adjusting to it so as not to get burned.
2. Adjustments have a HUGE impact on your pass defense! If you call for aggressive ball stripping and pass defense, you will get lots more attempts by defenders to knock the ball out of the receivers hands upon contact and lots more attempts to cut in front of the receiver to get the ball. Be very careful with conservative and aggressive zone defense though. Going conservative backs way off shallow routes and will give up completions in exchange for tackles. Going aggressive will murder dumpoffs and quick hitters over the middle but will get you killed deep.

I find that when I'm struggling to stop an attack, the best thing is to try to change my approach using some of the strategy tools in conjunction with playcalls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 11:16 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinemaniac
you OSU fans are slow arent ya sorry had to take a quick jab!

this year the Pass covg sliders are backward so 0 = 100 100 = 0.....
ok, are there any other sliders backwards?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »