Home

Bucknut7's Heisman Sliders

This is a discussion on Bucknut7's Heisman Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2011, 08:41 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
Bucknut7's Heisman Sliders

I have spent a ton of time tweaking these. Im ready to hear any criticism or comments, but I think you will enjoy these. Please give them a try. I am about to start my annual online dynasty with friends from high school (4th year and counting!) All feedback is welcome.

Heisman
7 min
slow
0 thresh

Sliders (User/CPU)

Offense
QBA- 15/25
Pass BLK- 75/40
WR Catch- 40/40
RBA- 50/90
Run Block- 50/40

Defense
Pass Coverage- 25/65
Pass Rush- 70/40
Int- 35/30
Run Defense- 30/35
Tkl- 35/25

Special Teams
FG Power- 45/45
FGA- 40/50
Punt Power- 35/45
Punt ACC- 30/30
Kick Off Power- 50/60

Offsides: 52
False Start: 48
Facemask: 53
All Interference: 100
Clipping: 48
Grounding: 100
Roughing: 52
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 09:18 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Bucknut7's Heisman Sliders

trying these out. Ohio State (CPU) at PSU (me).

will post numbers, when done.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:28 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
trying these out. Ohio State (CPU) at PSU (me).

will post numbers, when done.
good matchup, always one of my favs
Old 08-31-2011, 09:43 PM   #4
MVP

At the half: OSU 14 PSU 7

First downs (ME/CPU): 10/7
Offense: 220/224
rushing: 15-59-1 ; 9-58-0
passing: 13/21 161 0-0; 8/11 166 2-0
3rd down: 4/8 ; 2/3
Turnovers: 1/0

General thoughts are it's an even game. On both of Bauserman's TD's, I was in Cover 4, and he threw into double coverage. Both my safeties, just stood there while the CPU caught the ball, didn't even look, so I think that's something that needs to be looked at.

Also, I've ran 2 screens, and both times, the CPU has warped a guy from the middle of the field over to the HB. Seeing superman LB far too often as #6 has 5 pass knockdowns (3 of which were for a WIDE open guy on a crossing pattern 15 yards behind him). I have also seen plays where the safety for the CPU is covering the guy on the left slot, but before the ball even gets to the TE on a post, leaves the guy, warps over 35 yards, and swats the ball (that's not something sliders can fix, that's just lousy programming by EA sports, and it's very very prominent on AA and Heisman. Not so much on Varsity this year)
Old 08-31-2011, 10:01 PM   #5
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

OVR: 5

The CPU Pass Coverage of 65 probably contributes to that, as I don't see it on Heisman at Zero (0) coverage except on very lazy lobs and then its only from middle of field to the sideline. Of course that's coaching mode which appears to not induce psychotic DB behavior

It's my belief pass coverage should be 0, 50 or 100 and nothing inbetween. One opens up short, one opens up long and one is just right. You just have to figure out which is which

Check this out - http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2042697292

Last edited by Sydeburnz; 08-31-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 10:17 PM   #6
MVP

PSU 35 OSU 28

Ohio State got a magical, behind the back, 1 handed diving INT by #52, who managed to keep his balance, after intercepting a ball intended for a guy 12 yards behind him...AND he wasn't looking at the QB. Gotta love that. Anyhows, he ran it back 87 yards (breaking 8 tackles) for a TD to go up 28-14.

And here lies my biggest beef with the CPU. They BLITZ FAR FAR TOO OFTEN. Up 28-14 with a little over a quarter to go, there is no reason to blitz. Of my last 26 plays of the game (I actually kept track of the blitzes by the CPU), they blitzed on 23 of them. I didn't call Verticals once, mostly were SE cross, TE Post, Mesh, and Stick...mixing in the draw and dive play once in a while, but down 14 I was running out of time. I managed to score 21 unanswered points, with the last being a stick and my WR on the right doing a streak. I usually hit the TE to move the chain (it was a 3rd and 6). On this play, they did a double CB blitz, and #6 (Moye) took it 76 yards. The TD before that, I hit #19 (Brown) on Mesh, who was lined up on the left side of the formation...sure enough CB blitz.

Of my 74 offensive snaps in the game, the CPU blitzed on 63 of them.

Final Stats:

1st Downs: 24/11
Offense: 564/383 (this is actually right for OSU vs PSU...PSU's are just ridiculously wrong, but when the CPU blitzes that much, it's hard NOT to get big chunks of yards)
Rushing: 24/139 - 2 ; 23/83 - 0 (Herron went for over 100 on 17 carries...sacks brought this down)
Passing: 27/50 425 2-1 ; 14/20/300 3 - 0 (3 long TD passes where the DBs' just didnt' even attempt to try for the ball)
3rd down: 6/12 ; 4/9
Turnovers: 2 ; 0
TOP: 17:09 ; 10:51

All in all not bad, need some tweaking though...the supersonic, psychic defensive players are very frustrating. I had my TE on a post, who split the cover 2 zone perfectly, and the left CB warped to the middle of the field and knocked the ball down, otherwise that would have been a TD, and should have been a TD. More than 1 throw, I got the comment (he's gotta be careful throwing into coverage and lucky to avoid the interception)...I just kept saying, that's actually justice for the BS that the CPU is pulling off atm.

The last 5 minutes of the game, I was down 28-14, I ran 2 times, the rest were passes. I'm normally a run first, run 2nd, and move the sticks guy, but I had to start chucking it.

The running game felt VERY good, and when I play D, I playerlock a DT, no switching.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:34 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
PSU 35 OSU 28

Ohio State got a magical, behind the back, 1 handed diving INT by #52, who managed to keep his balance, after intercepting a ball intended for a guy 12 yards behind him...AND he wasn't looking at the QB. Gotta love that. Anyhows, he ran it back 87 yards (breaking 8 tackles) for a TD to go up 28-14.

And here lies my biggest beef with the CPU. They BLITZ FAR FAR TOO OFTEN. Up 28-14 with a little over a quarter to go, there is no reason to blitz. Of my last 26 plays of the game (I actually kept track of the blitzes by the CPU), they blitzed on 23 of them. I didn't call Verticals once, mostly were SE cross, TE Post, Mesh, and Stick...mixing in the draw and dive play once in a while, but down 14 I was running out of time. I managed to score 21 unanswered points, with the last being a stick and my WR on the right doing a streak. I usually hit the TE to move the chain (it was a 3rd and 6). On this play, they did a double CB blitz, and #6 (Moye) took it 76 yards. The TD before that, I hit #19 (Brown) on Mesh, who was lined up on the left side of the formation...sure enough CB blitz.

Of my 74 offensive snaps in the game, the CPU blitzed on 63 of them.

Final Stats:

1st Downs: 24/11
Offense: 564/383 (this is actually right for OSU vs PSU...PSU's are just ridiculously wrong, but when the CPU blitzes that much, it's hard NOT to get big chunks of yards)
Rushing: 24/139 - 2 ; 23/83 - 0 (Herron went for over 100 on 17 carries...sacks brought this down)
Passing: 27/50 425 2-1 ; 14/20/300 3 - 0 (3 long TD passes where the DBs' just didnt' even attempt to try for the ball)
3rd down: 6/12 ; 4/9
Turnovers: 2 ; 0
TOP: 17:09 ; 10:51

All in all not bad, need some tweaking though...the supersonic, psychic defensive players are very frustrating. I had my TE on a post, who split the cover 2 zone perfectly, and the left CB warped to the middle of the field and knocked the ball down, otherwise that would have been a TD, and should have been a TD. More than 1 throw, I got the comment (he's gotta be careful throwing into coverage and lucky to avoid the interception)...I just kept saying, that's actually justice for the BS that the CPU is pulling off atm.

The last 5 minutes of the game, I was down 28-14, I ran 2 times, the rest were passes. I'm normally a run first, run 2nd, and move the sticks guy, but I had to start chucking it.

The running game felt VERY good, and when I play D, I playerlock a DT, no switching.
I appreciate all the insight man. Im trying the best I can, and I am very new to making sliders. Do you have any suggestions for tweaks? Is there a way to cut some stuff back like cpu blitzing? Thanks!
Old 08-31-2011, 11:05 PM   #8
MVP

No, I have no idea how to deal with the CPU blitzing. I'm not even trying to get big plays, but when there's nothing but open field or 1 guy to beat, it's hard not to get big plays.

They aren't bad by any stretch though. Some minor tweaks, but sliders are personal preference. I'm not a very good player, I can't use 2 sticks at the same time, and I don't ever lead pass (don't know how, and I probably would not be good and get frustrated).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »