Home

NCAA Football 13 Coach Mode Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Coach Mode Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2012, 01:56 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 13 Coach Mode Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxnw
Does the recruiting difficulty matter? I am usually a Heisman/Heisman guy and even with a 1 star school, I can have recruit classes in the top 30. I have never tried recruiting on a lower mode since '08.
i am thinking of trying heisman recruiting for the next season in my dynasty. even in aa you can recruit a bit too easy once you get good at recruiting.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:57 PM   #74
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by form_an_opinion
I'm actually using these sliders. It provides a pretty solid game overall, but the zone aggressive glitch is kind of a game killer at times. My friend and I both have to constantly check the adjustments screen to make sure our defense hasn't lapsed into an aggressive zone situation. Sometimes we forget, and almost inevitably the opponent drops a bomb on us on a 3rd and long or toward the end of a half. If they would just make it so the defense doesn't use aggressive zones on either side, it would completely fix the game, IMO. For human players, those adjustments should never automatically change. If I set my team to conservative zone, it should stay there til I change it.
i dont have a problem with aggressive zone on varsity. make sure you are playing on varsity difficulty level or these sliders wont work.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:05 PM   #75
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32jack

For anyone playing in "coach mode", I don't know if these sliders can be improved upon!
My last 2 games, in which I've coached 2 of the most suffocating, punishing defenses in College FB- LSU and BAMA, have been awesome!
I hope the numbers, which I've not fudged or exaggerated, speak for themselves!!!
jack
good stuff jack. it seems that they toned down qb accuracy in the latest patch. i will do more testing but it looks like i will have to raise user qb accuracy. which is good since at 0 qb accuracy the qb should be making many errant throws.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2012, 06:47 PM   #76
Rookie

bmxnw's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmills
good stuff jack. it seems that they toned down qb accuracy in the latest patch. i will do more testing but it looks like i will have to raise user qb accuracy. which is good since at 0 qb accuracy the qb should be making many errant throws.
I played a game as an OC last night. I was UMass at UConn.

UMass / UConn
31 / 37 Score
24 / 18 First Downs
488 / 458 Total Offense
31-131-1 / 28-177-3 Rushing
27-37-3 / 16-28-2 Passing
357 / 281 Passing yards
8-13 (61%) / 8-12 (66%) 3rd Down

1-3 (33%) / 0-1 (0%) 4th Down
4-3-1 (100%) / 5-3-1 (80%) Red Zone
1 / 1 Turnovers (Fumbles)
0 / 10 PR Yards
56 / 92 KR Yards
544 / 560 Total Yards
1-50.0 / 2-43.0 Punts
9-61 / 1-15 Penalties
23:40 / 12:20 T.O.P.

My team's fumble came on the first play of OT. Of my QB's 10 incompletions, only one was an errant pass. All others were either swatted, or the WR's dropped them while getting hit. The CPU defense could not get any pressure on my QB. He was only pressured once. Other than that, he had all day in the pocket. Also, I could run the ball at will against them for most of the game. All defensive plays were simmed, as were ST's (except FG's and PAT's, I always watch those, because if you don't they will miss.). As usual, the CPU offense uses no time off the clock. They were putting up long drives too.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:38 PM   #77
Rookie

Quote:
I played a game as an OC last night. I was UMass at UConn.

UMass / UConn
31 / 37 Score
24 / 18 First Downs
488 / 458 Total Offense
31-131-1 / 28-177-3 Rushing
27-37-3 / 16-28-2 Passing
357 / 281 Passing yards
8-13 (61%) / 8-12 (66%) 3rd Down

1-3 (33%) / 0-1 (0%) 4th Down
4-3-1 (100%) / 5-3-1 (80%) Red Zone
1 / 1 Turnovers (Fumbles)
0 / 10 PR Yards
56 / 92 KR Yards
544 / 560 Total Yards
1-50.0 / 2-43.0 Punts
9-61 / 1-15 Penalties
23:40 / 12:20 T.O.P.

My team's fumble came on the first play of OT. Of my QB's 10 incompletions, only one was an errant pass. All others were either swatted, or the WR's dropped them while getting hit. The CPU defense could not get any pressure on my QB. He was only pressured once. Other than that, he had all day in the pocket. Also, I could run the ball at will against them for most of the game. All defensive plays were simmed, as were ST's (except FG's and PAT's, I always watch those, because if you don't they will miss.). As usual, the CPU offense uses no time off the clock. They were putting up long drives too.

so you averaged 4.23 ypc, that sounds about right. did you test these post patch? i did take the cpu rb ability down to 95 so that should help to stop the run.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #78
Rookie

if anyone is playing on ps3 my psn is jtx29. i am looking to start a coach dynasty using these sliders.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:45 PM   #79
Rookie

bmxnw's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmills
so you averaged 4.23 ypc, that sounds about right. did you test these post patch? i did take the cpu rb ability down to 95 so that should help to stop the run.
I play with all EA updates. As far as the CPU offense, I was coaching as the OC, so I had no control over the defense. Honestly, a team like UConn should destroy a team like UMass. I didn't have much of a challenge at all on offense.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #80
Rookie

Quote:
I play with all EA updates. As far as the CPU offense, I was coaching as the OC, so I had no control over the defense. Honestly, a team like UConn should destroy a team like UMass. I didn't have much of a challenge at all on offense.
perhaps you're just a good coach lol. at some point you just have to assume the game is letting you be a good coach, so therefore you will probably do better then they did in real life. the worse the team, the better you will do then how they really did. that is the rpg element of the game. these sliders can still be challenging when going up against a good team. since the patch was released after 3 games my qb has a 59% comp%. so it does seem that the patch toned down the passing enough to where 0 qb accuracy just might work. if you feel you are passing way too easy then the only other option would be to decrease your wr catching in order to get more realistic comp%. i would play against tougher defenses then uconn first. im sure alabama, lsu, oklahoma, texas, etc would stop your passing game way better then uconn can. if your qb is still passing at 70% against those teams, then lower user wr catching. since i am at the extreme on user qb accuracy and cpu pass coverage, then user wr catching is the only other slider that would effect comp%. so far since the patch has been released, i havent fully seen the need to lower catching. i have had a game of 70% and two games below 60%, for an average of 59 comp%. thats why u go by an average and not just 1 game.

Last edited by jhmills; 10-23-2012 at 05:17 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »