Home

Slowing down sacks with LB's vs cpu?

This is a discussion on Slowing down sacks with LB's vs cpu? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Slowing down sacks with LB's vs cpu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by niles08
I don't really want to have to limit players to what they do during a game....I would rather the cpu just pick up on the blitz and either throw the ball faster or just block better. The pass rush for user is at 0 and pass block for cpu is at 100...what else can we do? Threshold is at 60, which I feel if we move it up anymore, then the fast players wont have much of a point of even having? We play on slow speed if that matters at all?
Slow speed will kill the AI in alot of phases of the game. Play on fast with threshold at 100 and you won't see the sack problems.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Slow speed will kill the AI in alot of phases of the game. Play on fast with threshold at 100 and you won't see the sack problems.

That may be our best bet is to give that a try. Would it be okay to go to normal speed instead of fast though? Were in our late 20's and our reflexes aren't as good as they were lol..I don't remember if I mentioned or not, but it's not just one player we get them with, it's a number of our lb's and safety's and stuff and very few lineman. Even when we blitz, we actually control somebody else, and then switch to the guy running unblocked...so you think threshold at 100 and normal speed?
Old 10-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
That may be our best bet is to give that a try. Would it be okay to go to normal speed instead of fast though? Were in our late 20's and our reflexes aren't as good as they were lol..I don't remember if I mentioned or not, but it's not just one player we get them with, it's a number of our lb's and safety's and stuff and very few lineman. Even when we blitz, we actually control somebody else, and then switch to the guy running unblocked...so you think threshold at 100 and normal speed?
Threshold at 100 for sure. Normal speed is better than slow, I prefer fast because I think it makes the human have to react faster, especially on offense, but its your game. I do know that the AI performs much better on threshhold 100 and you don't see linemen running down RB's like you'd think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2012, 11:14 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Threshold at 100 for sure. Normal speed is better than slow, I prefer fast because I think it makes the human have to react faster, especially on offense, but its your game. I do know that the AI performs much better on threshhold 100 and you don't see linemen running down RB's like you'd think.
Yea thats what we were worried about, is linemen chasing down RB's. We also want to make sure that if we have a WR with 95 speed that he isn't neck and neck with a CB who has 85...What exactly does game speed do? How would this slow down the LB sacks?
Old 10-02-2012, 11:31 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Yea thats what we were worried about, is linemen chasing down RB's. We also want to make sure that if we have a WR with 95 speed that he isn't neck and neck with a CB who has 85...What exactly does game speed do? How would this slow down the LB sacks?
You are just going to have to try it and see if you like it. I see things in this game like the DB glitch on AA & Heisman that some others don't.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:33 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
You are just going to have to try it and see if you like it. I see things in this game like the DB glitch on AA & Heisman that some others don't.

Alright man, well you've been tons of help answering my questions. Hopefully this helps to solve some of our problems since i ruins it having around 20 sacks with each LB during the season.

Thank you.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:14 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Alright man, well you've been tons of help answering my questions. Hopefully this helps to solve some of our problems since i ruins it having around 20 sacks with each LB during the season.

Thank you.
Did you find the solution to this mass sack problem?

Just finished year one in our OD and a guy playing with Florida using his LB won a defensive Heisman with 65 sacks!

Need to fix this before year two starts up...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #16
Rookie

We used FistOrage's sliders with a few changes to get the CPU going and are on varsity level with 100 threshold and on fast game speed like he recommended. We've only played like 2 games so far but sacks seem to be down.

Over the few games we've played we had

GT(user) vs V Tech(CPU): 17-14
GT(user) vs Clemson(CPU): 20-10

Arizona(user) vs Auburn(cpu): 38-35

Washington(user) vs S.C(user): 26-0

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »