Home

Rush Defense slider

This is a discussion on Rush Defense slider within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2012, 12:56 AM   #1
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Rush Defense slider

It doesn't seem to work at all. I see no difference in defensive reaction to run plays when set to 0-100. Has anyone else noticed this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2012, 09:55 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Rush Defense slider

I've seen a difference, albeit a pretty slim one now. It was much more apparent before one of the patches or tuners.
I am pretty sure with the install of Read and React both pass and run defense sliders are now "reaction time" sliders. Reading the Madden slider forum it sounds like its the same for M13.
From what I have seen in my tests, a setting of 0 is the fastest reaction to the ball, runner, or route.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfEd
From what I have seen in my tests, a setting of 0 is the fastest reaction to the ball, runner, or route.
Are you saying the slider is inverted, so 0 is actually 100?
Old 10-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 3

Yes. You get a longer reaction time at higher levels.
I like it higher for the pass coverage slider for a realistic look the D reacting to the route.
I started my testing with all sliders set to 0 and worked my way up. With pass coverage at 0 I saw "tighter" coverage because the D was mirroring the routes, which I'm not a fan of. On out patterns I would actually see the DB beat the WR to the sideline by 2-3 yards. Looked real sloppy and unrealistic to me. My happy medium falls between 65-75 to actually see the DB take steps and read and react to the route.
Same was for the Run D slider up untill one of the patches or tuners. Now it just doesn't seem as spread out in terms of reaction time.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:29 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfEd
Yes. You get a longer reaction time at higher levels.
I like it higher for the pass coverage slider for a realistic look the D reacting to the route.
I started my testing with all sliders set to 0 and worked my way up. With pass coverage at 0 I saw "tighter" coverage because the D was mirroring the routes, which I'm not a fan of. On out patterns I would actually see the DB beat the WR to the sideline by 2-3 yards. Looked real sloppy and unrealistic to me. My happy medium falls between 65-75 to actually see the DB take steps and read and react to the route.
Same was for the Run D slider up untill one of the patches or tuners. Now it just doesn't seem as spread out in terms of reaction time.
Now another f-ing thing I've got to test! Thanks for the response.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2012, 12:51 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

I think more might be tied to the tackle slider than anything else. The best way to test this slider out would be to run a running play where the WRs run a route and the cornerback covers them. Watch to see when the cornerback breaks off the route and realizes when its a running play. At 0, he should stay in pass coverage for a long time, at 100, he should be psychic and immediately turn to defend the run at the proper angle.

It should effect pursuit angle and speed of defenders.

It should also trigger strip ball animations and extra special hits and moves that defenders do.

In my testing, I have seen minimal effect. In fact, when testing my varsity sliders, the lower I went the better the defense seemed, but varsity was hard to test on because sometimes the offense just goes braindead.

So in short, the tackle slider is what you need to focus on for defensive awareness in my opinion.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #7
MVP

With my sliders, Rush Defense is set at 100. I seem to get fairly realistic YPC with them. However, I tried a game with it set at 0.

South Carolina Gamecocks at Vanderbilt Commodores
Sep 1, 20121ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
#11 South Carolina Gamecocks (0-0)076013
Vanderbilt Commodores (0-0)706316
Team Stats Comparison
SCARVAN
Total Offense52-39471-382
Rushing Yards35-243-046-237-1
Passing Yards11-17-151-216-25-145-1
First Downs1722
Punt Return Yards4510
Kick Return Yards10180
Total Yards540472
Turnovers2 / 2FL0
3rd Down Converstion2-95-15
4th Down Conversion0-11-2
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals3-1-04-2-1
Penalties3-302-20
Posession Time15:3520:42
South Carolina Gamecocks
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Connor Shaw {sacked 2 times}11-17 64%15120
QB Rating : 178.1
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Marcus Lattimore181437.90
Connor Shaw13654.90
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Ace Sanders512224.22
Vanderbilt Commodores
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Jordan Rodgers {sacked 4 times}15-24 62%14910
QB Rating : 128.4
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Zac Stacy251987.91
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Jordan Matthews46215.51

Based on the stats, I don't see this as the case. However, it is interesting that there were 2 fumbles in the game. Will watch a couple more games to verify.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:24 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I think more might be tied to the tackle slider than anything else. The best way to test this slider out would be to run a running play where the WRs run a route and the cornerback covers them. Watch to see when the cornerback breaks off the route and realizes when its a running play. At 0, he should stay in pass coverage for a long time, at 100, he should be psychic and immediately turn to defend the run at the proper angle.

It should effect pursuit angle and speed of defenders.

It should also trigger strip ball animations and extra special hits and moves that defenders do.

In my testing, I have seen minimal effect. In fact, when testing my varsity sliders, the lower I went the better the defense seemed, but varsity was hard to test on because sometimes the offense just goes braindead.

So in short, the tackle slider is what you need to focus on for defensive awareness in my opinion.
Tackle slider effects both Pass rush and Run def...****n def is Block shed and Play recognition together but also look at the player speed threshold. I havent seen any problems with these sliders at all with HFA off. Tackle slider will also increase fumbles and injuries if to high. Past maddens and NCAA's tackle controlled the pursuit to the ball. so Fristo is right. however make sure the RB and Rub block arent to high and remember the in game momentum which speeds up all sliders making other seem decreased at times.

Last edited by njkroc; 10-15-2012 at 02:28 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »