Home

Heisman Slider for Realistic stats and scores!

This is a discussion on Heisman Slider for Realistic stats and scores! within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2012, 01:18 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Heisman Slider for Realistic stats and scores!

I've been working on this for quite some time now, I've had plenty of dynasties where I take Texas State or some other lowly team and stick with them and build them up to a powerhouse national championship team year in and year out. But I always noticed the stats at the end of the year and I was blowing out teams that should have beaten the mess out of me. It got boring knowing I was gonna win and I was so frusturated with how great my rush defense was compared to other teams so I got to work on a slider and this is what I came up with. I'm fairly new to this but I've spent alot of time on this and I want some more feedback from people other than me (Good or bad, I take constructive criticism very well.) The goal of this is when your a 1 star prestige team if you schedule Alabama to play, be prepared to get the crap beat out of you. (Unless your a very skilled player.) Anyways here it is...

Skill Level: Heisman
Quarter Length: 8 minutes
Game Speed: Normal
Speed Thershold: 60
Ice the Kicker: On
Home Field Advantage: On

Penalties:
Offsides: 75
False Start: 62
Clipping: 33 (I have never seen this called even on 100.)
Facemask: 55
Intentional Grounding: 33 (Only seen this called once and it was on me.)
Roughing Passer: 54 (55 makes it call it too much, for me anyways.)
Roughing K: 60
Holding: 53
Kick Return/Punt Return Interference: 65
Offensive Pass Interference: 100 (Never seen this one.)
Defensive Pass Interference: 100 (Seen this called once or twice.)

Note: These penalties are a matter of preference, holding will get called often but at the end of the year you will see that you should be in the middle of the pack in penalties, which is realistic. The more underclassmen that you have on the field the more penalties you will get.

Now for the most important part...

USER A.I. Settings:

QB Accuracy: 5
Pass Blocking: 50
RB Ability: 55
Run Blocking: 50
WR Catching: 45
Pass Coverage: 60
Pass Rush: 25
Interceptions: 30
Rush Defense: 50

CPU A.I. Settings:
QB Accuracy: 70
Pass Blocking: 0
RB Ability: 60
Run Blocking: 50
WR Catching: 55
Pass Coverage: 15
Pass Rush: 55
Interceptions: 40
Rush Defense: 60

Notes: I have tested alot and tweaked alot, the one thing I could never get right is the Pass Coverage. I've heard that slider was inverted but I tested it at 0 and then at 100 and I didn't really notice a difference. I actually started this slider set by playing on Heisman with all sliders at default settings and played a few games and saw what stats needed tending too and thats how I came up with these sliders. I'm playing a dynasty right now with it using UTSA and I'm using the triple option offense and so far I've barely beaten 2 one star prestige teams and lost a close one to Memphis and just played Navy and they dominated me, Rushing for 200 yards like they should. My brother also used this slider and it was realistic up until he used Texas State and almost beat Alabama (Lost by one point.) He shoulda got blowed out, but I believe that was just a fluke game which happens in real life as well.

But anyways anyone who has any free time please try these sliders and leave me some feedback and I'll keep tweaking til it gets as real as its gonna get and then share the finished product with all of you. Thank you for taking the time to read this! ( I know I can go on and on about things, lol.)

Last edited by DieHardAuburnFan82; 12-05-2012 at 02:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2012, 05:58 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Heisman Slider for Realistic stats and scores!

I realize nobody has really paid much attention to this thread but thought I'd put it on here anyways, after some more testing I have edited the slider settings. The settings you see above are the most up to date. They play well for me, blowed out FCS with Kent State but then turned out and got beat 24 to 7 by Bowling Green and played the whole first season and went 7-6. I raised the speed thershold to 60 because at 25 it was just too easy to beat the CPU with the deep ball. 60 is playing pretty well with this slider set. I'm in year 2 with Kent State and recruited a good scrambling QB and I'm running the Read Option Offense now and the games are very fun so far. It was satisfying to see my 230 pound QB to make FCS linebackers and bowling green linebackers look like Pee Wee football players. I've become quite a bit more knowlegable about sliders since joining this site and studying up! I would like to hear results from other people besides myself so please try 'em out! Thank ya'll!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:01 PM   #3
Rookie

Are these for HUM vs CPU or would they work in coach mode? I am strictly a coach mode player and one area that I am tired of with the other coach mode sliders on here is the other team's inability to run. I am always #1 in rush D even with avg line and backers.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:00 AM   #4
Rookie

[quote=jabrown1014;2044498575]Are these for HUM vs CPU or would they work in coach mode? I am strictly a coach mode player and one area that I am tired of with the other coach mode sliders on here is the other team's inability to run. I am always #1 in rush D even with avg line and backers.[/QUOTE

I use them for HUM vs, CPU with me controlling the players. I've played some coach mode but not with these sliders so I really can't tell you if they would work for that or not. You can try them but if you do I'd lower the User Qb Accuracy to 0 and User pass blocking to 40 and Raise the Cpu run blocking to 55. The user passing game in coach mode is overpowered, even 70 overall qb's throw it right on the money everytime so thats why I say lower the QB acc and lower the pass blocking to make the qb have to make quicker decisions. If you try them please let me know how it went if it does ok I'll start working on a coach mode slider set
Old 12-05-2012, 02:05 AM   #5
Rookie

UPDATE: After more testing I realize that the DE's for the user have been completely taken out of the game. I recruited a stud DE for Kent state and even against a FCS LT he was thrown on the ground time and time again and NOT A SINGLE TACKLE when he came in as my best defensive player period. So I lowered CPU pass blocking to 0 and lowered user pass rush to 25. Only played a half of football with these but so far it has definitely put the DE back in the games. Will continue to test to see if this over powered the DE. The slider set at the top is now the most up to date
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »