Home

Matt10's NCAA 2014 Heisman Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's NCAA 2014 Heisman Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2013, 03:09 PM   #17
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Matt10's NCAA 2014 Heisman Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
That was a tradeoff last year. Bad looking but statistic wise it was accurate. Hopefully still fixable. Its early. And fumble? Do u mean that there are never any? I had two seasons straight last year without a rb fumble.
What I meant by fumbles Hurt is that I have yet to see any. I had one after I had posted that, but of course after being reviewed, it was overturned. I've seen the post on the front page that people are seeing them, so that's promising. I just hope there is a happy medium with turnovers. I'd rather have less than more, but I also don't want there to be TOO few. I guess this is the nature of the beast when it comes to EA games though.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:15 PM   #18

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol
What was the final score? stats look pretty decent.
I won 20-3
Old 07-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #19
Rookie

WoOkiE FTW's Arena

OVR: 2

I didn't get to finish the game because we are about to leave here shortly, but I was really liking how these were playing on All-American as well.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:56 PM   #20
Rookie

shando14's Arena

OVR: 4
Matt10's NCAA 2014 Heisman Sliders

I think you're onto something with the Tackle slider at 100. Seems to have made my defense a lot more aggressive as I just held a high powered Notre Dame offense to only 6 pts and forced 2 Interceptions on Heisman.

Last edited by shando14; 07-06-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:08 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino
Played my first game with these sliders. I was Oklahoma playing Texas. It was a hard fought game but I was in command the entire time.

Oklahoma QB was 19/28 for 246 yards and 1 TD on a broken coverage play where the safety was late getting over and I hit my WR in stride for a 53 yard TD.
OU RB ran 23 times for 107 yards.

Texas QB was 22/37 for 210 yards and their running back ran for 62 yards.

I had 4 sacks mostly coverage sacks.

Going to try another game out. Will post back.
Good stats, sounds like you did in fact dominate. I like the pass percentage. Were you seeing a lot of "bullet" throws or wobbly ones depending on coverage? This is why I aimed for a lower QBA - slows the game down too imho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol
What I meant by fumbles Hurt is that I have yet to see any. I had one after I had posted that, but of course after being reviewed, it was overturned. I've seen the post on the front page that people are seeing them, so that's promising. I just hope there is a happy medium with turnovers. I'd rather have less than more, but I also don't want there to be TOO few. I guess this is the nature of the beast when it comes to EA games though.
I've seen a couple - on some pretty big hits. You know me, Ballin - I keep the same theory that RBA should be higher, but needs to be compensated with either tackling or rush defense. RBA to me is not just for the running back position but any player that runs and can receive balls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoOkiE FTW
I didn't get to finish the game because we are about to leave here shortly, but I was really liking how these were playing on All-American as well.
Yes, I can imagine it'd be fun on ALl-American as well. The reason I didn't test it because, other than limited time with the game with a newborn, the default allowed pass completion to be very easy. SO good find - let's see how that turns out and maybe even downplays the formula of the Aggressive Zone issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shando14
I think you're onto something with the Tackle slider at 100. Seems to have made my defense a lot more aggressive as I just held a high powered Notre Dame offense to only 6 pts and forced 2 I recreations on Heisman.
Yes, the goal was to have the preference/priority of defenders to play the sure tackle first - not go for a pick. THis might be changed as I go through it - but I wanted it to have a feel of priority towards making positive plays - not anything too flashy. Of course that depends on the player.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll be on in a bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #22
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Ballin I agree about the fumbles.

Been practice mode with these for a few hours. I know its not the same as dynasty. Been running a lot of under center option and feels good. I do see a slowdown when the rb gets ball on pitches that wasnt there before slidrr changes. Anyone see this. Even if I let cpu do everything it still happens.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:39 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Testing:

INT from 0 to 10; compensated by WRC from 45 to 50. Both HUM/CPU. Dynasty mode.

Needing to get punished more by my terrible throws. 75 catch SS/FS needs to have better hands.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #24
Rookie

WoOkiE FTW's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Good stats, sounds like you did in fact dominate. I like the pass percentage. Were you seeing a lot of "bullet" throws or wobbly ones depending on coverage? This is why I aimed for a lower QBA - slows the game down too imho.

I've seen a couple - on some pretty big hits. You know me, Ballin - I keep the same theory that RBA should be higher, but needs to be compensated with either tackling or rush defense. RBA to me is not just for the running back position but any player that runs and can receive balls.

Yes, I can imagine it'd be fun on ALl-American as well. The reason I didn't test it because, other than limited time with the game with a newborn, the default allowed pass completion to be very easy. SO good find - let's see how that turns out and maybe even downplays the formula of the Aggressive Zone issue.

Yes, the goal was to have the preference/priority of defenders to play the sure tackle first - not go for a pick. THis might be changed as I go through it - but I wanted it to have a feel of priority towards making positive plays - not anything too flashy. Of course that depends on the player.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll be on in a bit.
Yeah I just got curious how it would play on AA. There were fewer sacks through the 3 quarters I played and the running game opened up a little more for both teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »