Home

mudtiger's All-American NCAA 06 Sliders

This is a discussion on mudtiger's All-American NCAA 06 Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2005, 11:21 AM   #1
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16
mudtiger's All-American NCAA 06 Sliders

I play 9 minute quarters on AA and I'm trying to tone down the offense for human and cpu a bit, otherwise I'm going to see nearly every game be a 35+ score game for each team.

In attempt to tone down the offense somewhat, I zeroed out the sliders. After 2 games last night, it seems to have worked. With only 2 games played, it may have been a fluke, but I was liking the feel of the game much better. The running game no longer was 10+ yard gain or nothing. I was seeing 3 yard gains for both cpu and human. I was tired of seeing 10+ yard per carry averages for every back good or bad.

I'm playing with navy this year so I don't know how well this would transfer to better teams.

I played 2 games with navy vs air force.

In the first game - sort of a test half to see how well things played, WR were catching like 2005 - they weren't. So I bumped up WR catch to default 50% for cpu/human. Qb throws were off target a little too much so I put qb acc at 10% for cpu/human. Finally, I gave a little help the secondary by putting knockdowns at 25% for cpu/human (this may change after I test these settings with and against a passing team).

So with those settings I played navy vs air force a second time. 9 minute quarters on AA. The final was 21 - 10, navy wins with some great stats. Air force's impact RB had high 30s in carries for around 200 yards - right around 5 yards a carry. Navy had 250+ combined rusing yards from the qb/fb/hb on about 45 carries.

Passing was about 100 yards each for both teams. Air force was 8-13 passing, I was 4-8 passing. Impact players were....impactful - i.e. don't run at an impact player in the zone and make sure to get the ball to a guy in the zone on offense.

I now need to play as navy vs someone I have no business beating to see how these hold up, and vs a I-AA team to see if I have the upperhand. I also need to test these with passing teams to see if anything needs to be changed with regards to knockdowns/catching/qb accuracy/pass block. Otherwise the initial results felt promising.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 11:44 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: A more defensive game

sounds good. interesting approach to developing sliders. please post your result as I'm interested in seeing the results.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:35 PM   #3
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

AA 9 minutes

offense (code had too many zeros/O's to be useful)
human
10% (a slight boost becuase too many passes were errant)
0% (nothing out of the ordinary so far with regards to giving up sacks)
50% (wr's were dropping too many, I put it back to default 50%)
0% (I can still run, but struggle against better teams)
0% (I watch linemen to figure out where this needs to be. Against a worse team, I should either hold my own or move d-linemen back off the los. Against superior linemen, I should hold my own or be pushed into the backfield...which is about what I'm getting)

cpu (same as human)

Cpu can pass well enough, but hasn't been overpowering. The running game has a bit of a different feel to me. A little less of the big gainers, but they are still there.

The cpu can still pull away from slower human players. I need to test more to make sure a faster human player can pull away from a slower cpu player, but it should be ok.

Defense
Human
0 (I might make this 5 or 10%, but so far it is ok)
50 (In lieu of changing awareness, I have human knockdon higher)
0 (ints are still in the game)
0 (running game is cool so far)
0 (good amounts of broken tackles, but not overdone)

CPU
0 (with a better team, the cpu can shut me down or at least keep me from scoring)
25 (may go up to match human knockdown, but I'm fine with it so far. Maybe with a better QB than the midshipmen's this would have to be raised so you can't pass all over the cpu)
0 (ints are still in the game and you are punished for bad throws)
0 (running game is cool so far)
0 (nothing silly in the way of broken tackles seen so far)

Special teams
both human/cpu
25 (good kickers still can hit 45+ yarders)
0 (separate the men from the boys)
40 (booming 50+ yard punts every time isn't realistic)
0 (punting accurately is hard, but still doable)
35 (too many kickoffs went into the endzone, now you have to have at least a competent kicker and nail the meter to go that far)

Stats from 3rd test game (didn't write down stats from 1st two games)
Navy(me) at Missouri

A game I don't expect to win, but might have a chance to stick around in if mizzou makes mistakes.

Navy 3 Missouri 24 at half
Navy 10 Missouri 45 final

Navy
42-191 rushing
7-15 passing for 160
sacked 3 times
1 int and 1 lost fumble
TOP 18:25

QB Owens 7-15 for 160 passing, 21 for 117 rushing
FB Hall 10 for 39 rushing

Missouri
28-177 rushing
18-27 for 296 yards and 2 TD
sacked 2 times
1 fumble, recovered
TOP 17:35

QB Brad Smith 13-22 for 178 passing, 8 for 63 and 1TD rushing
HB Woods 13 for 56 and 1 TD rushing

It got out of control early. I could move the ball, but never finish a drive. I held Brad Smith in check early, but others took up the slack.

Late in the 3rd, Smith put up an amazing juke filled run were he pulled away from my defense for a 20+ something yard TD run. The cpu put in the 2nd team in the 4th quarter and my QB Owens got about 30 of his rushing yards then.

Overall, about what I would expect. Missouri played well and I couldn't keep up. I felt good about this game because although I was held to 10 points, I could still move the ball, I just couldn't finish drives. Turnovers weren't bad and I can't blame the loss on my INT and fumble. I spied on Brad Smith a lot so he threw the ball. My secondary doesn't match up to Mizzou's wideouts and couldn't hold. No crazy deep balls though, a lot of solid 8 to 18 yard passes out of Smith.

I need to play another game against a higher ranked team that should beat me, a couple games against a lower team and a couple against an even ranked team to see if anything out of the ordinary pops up. If it does, I'll test it some more to see if it is a regular occurence or fluke and make any changes accordingly. Otherwise, I'm settling into a slider groove and starting the midshipmen dynasty soon

Last edited by mudtiger; 07-13-2005 at 03:46 PM.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:48 PM   #4
Rookie

pbtiger's Arena

OVR: 3

I like where you are headed with these sliders. I usually try the zero slider route at first. Have you noticed any drop off in AI with the changes to awareness, etc., or does it seem to play at particular team abilities? What if you played Navy vs. Navy or a balanced offensive team vs itself? Pitting two even teams would help evaluate Human vs CPU settings. It is very interesting to see what everyone comes up with here. I just don't want to do what I did last year (tweak for 3 months and finish one season in my dynasty). Thanks for the posts.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:33 PM   #5
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14

I am gonna try these, I tried some sliders, and if you check out my page, they definitely are crazy, lost to miami 38-17 in the 1st game, and beat the citadel 93-21 in the 2nd, haha. Hopefully these will challange, I have always enjoyed 0 sliders
Florida State Seminoles

Rider Broncs- Graduated
LaSalle Explorers- Attaining Master's

Playing: FN4 UFC 2009, Tiger 10
Waiting: NCAA 2010, Madden 10, NHL 10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 04:38 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

i like this approach to the sliders also...good job, i will try these out and post what my stats look like
Old 07-13-2005, 04:44 PM   #7
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbtiger
Have you noticed any drop off in AI with the changes to awareness, etc., or does it seem to play at particular team abilities? What if you played Navy vs. Navy or a balanced offensive team vs itself? Pitting two even teams would help evaluate Human vs CPU settings.
I haven't noticed an AI drop off. They still get things done. I haven't played enough games yet though to make any determination.

My biggest concern is balancing the two extremes. I don't want to make playing lesser teams too easy, upsets do happen. Or at least lesser teams should be able to make things interesting every once in awhile. I also don't want to make playing superior teams impossible, but they should win a large majority of the time.

Right now I'm playing against Jackson State (D- team) and I'm destroying them. I have 30 rushes for 293 yards. They have 16 for 41. It's 62 to 7, and that's with my 2nd team in since the half. In the balancing act, the cpu may need a bit of a boost, but I don't want to go overboard helping out the cpu.

I'll definitely play a navy vs navy game to see what happens...in fact I'll do that now as nothing more can be learned from the jackson state game.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:58 PM   #8
Rookie

pbtiger's Arena

OVR: 3
Thumbs up Re: A more defensive game

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudtiger
My biggest concern is balancing the two extremes. I don't want to make playing lesser teams too easy, upsets do happen. Or at least lesser teams should be able to make things interesting every once in awhile. I also don't want to make playing superior teams impossible, but they should win a large majority of the time.
I totally agree with you. I know scoring is a big part of college ball, but I want to feel like I earned it. Let us know the results of the Navy vs Navy game. Thanks for the updates.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »