Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2015, 03:58 PM   #7625
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

of course I bring up a no fumble issue and then I see 3 in the next game and a half of playing.

With this set I'm really liking some of the passing mechanics for the user at least. Specifically that my big body WRs can actually win one on one matchups due to their size. Before it seemed like even if it was a 5'10 CB on a 6'5 guy he could defend the pass no problem. Using this set I've actually been able to lob passes up to my big body WRs in 1 on 1 situations and if they have the positioning they're able to come down with it. Very nice and something that always bugged me that I couldn't replicate before as I like having the big body guys out there
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2015, 05:22 PM   #7626
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
will the CPU not potentially change that themselves later in the game?
Not they won't
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 06-11-2015, 06:28 PM   #7627
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
I believe this relies solely on run/pass ratios being set correctly in the rosters.

You can't have these air raid teams set to 75/25 pass or you will be lucky if they run the ball 6 times a game- which just isn't realistic. Even air raid teams need to run the ball 15 times a game to keep the defense somewhat honest or take advantage of a 5 man box.

That being said, the most I think any air raid team should be set to is 70/30 or even 65/35 to favor the pass... This will ensure an adequate attempt to establish some sort of ground presence and run the ball in OPPORTUNE situations rather than constantly passing just because
I 100% agree with this.

The CPU can definitely run the ball effectively with this setup. However, people have commented that sometimes the CPU will start running the ball a lot then stop. I think the issue is that the CPU will try to closely stick to their run/pass ratio. So, if a team with a 45/55 split runs the ball 8 of 10 times on the first drive, the next drive, they will pass more to "restore the balance" derived from their run/pass ratio. I also agree that the ratios are not entirely representative of how the CPU plays (i.e. a 50/50 split is probably more like a 55/45 split favoring the pass in games played).

Grand scheme of things....I think the sliders are fine "as is" - to really refine things further will require coach/roster edits....and I'm not going down that road....
Old 06-11-2015, 06:33 PM   #7628
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayDawg
What I would do is raise injuries in the profile using the editor. I wouldn't raise it too high. I raised it 15 points to see what would happen and in my next game my starting RB was out for the season.
There is an injury field in the user profile? That's news to me....what's the field called?
Old 06-11-2015, 06:36 PM   #7629
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

I put CPU pass block back to 50 for the auto pass method I use and it brought completion percentages right in line with where they should be (with appropriate variation) consistently seeing 50-70.. Max I've seen is 71 majority in the mid to low 60s

3rd down conversion % look great as well as red zone it's not a lock that a team is scoring in the red zone which I love.

This set is definitely on point for stats and animations / ratings. I'm enjoying it immensely.
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 06-11-2015, 08:12 PM   #7630
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
There is an injury field in the user profile? That's news to me....what's the field called?

The file I have many of the fields have been labeled but it is half way on the GOPT header. It should read AI injuries, Injuries on, and human injuries.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:22 PM   #7631
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
I put CPU pass block back to 50 for the auto pass method I use and it brought completion percentages right in line with where they should be (with appropriate variation) consistently seeing 50-70.. Max I've seen is 71 majority in the mid to low 60s

3rd down conversion % look great as well as red zone it's not a lock that a team is scoring in the red zone which I love.

This set is definitely on point for stats and animations / ratings. I'm enjoying it immensely.
So are you saying these could be used well for a coach mode? (user play, but putting HUM passing to auto-pass)

Also, I haven't looked much through the last few pages of changes, but is there a reason why we dropped putting the HUM tackle to 20 or 25?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2015, 08:26 PM   #7632
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayDawg
The file I have many of the fields have been labeled but it is half way on the GOPT header. It should read AI injuries, Injuries on, and human injuries.
I don't have any of the fields named, but if I had to guess, it looks like it is the OAIN, OFIN, and OHIN fields. Does that sound right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »