Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2015, 08:28 PM   #8401
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
I timed the snap to sack on my three step drops, the average time was 1.41 seconds. Roughly enough time to complete the drop and nothing else.

The biggest issue is pass coverage. The CPU completes about 90% of it's throws regardless of any coverages I throw at it. I don't want to tone down the QB acc so it's just making errant passes for incompletions. The majority of incompletions need to come mainly from good coverage, and that hardly ever happens. If I'm in man coverage, the receiver gets open as soon as he makes a cut because the DB just runs right behind him. If it's zone, there is always a huge zone somewhere in the defense.

As far as play style do you mean what offense do I run? Because that's a combination of spread and power run. I want it to be as close to a sim as possible. I just find it weird that it's a close game regardless of who I am playing. North Texas and Alabama are equally difficult.
I mean defensively. Who do you control? Do you use the adjustments? Are you mixing up coverages? The other thing to consider is that last year 51 division 1 QBs had a completion percentage above 60% and 20 were above 65% including some from smaller schools. Throw in the fact that there too many screen passes in the game and you'll usually get a higher than average QB completion percentage.

It's college football not the NFL. The coverages are bad and DBs blow assignments all of the time. Yes the completion percentages are a little high, but calling the right defenses and using the adjustments will help. Momentum also helps. I used Ohio State last night and held the Fresno State QB to 45% completion with a combo of blitzes, disguised coverages, and controlling the the right players on D. They were clearly over matched. The game before against Nebraska I gave up 68% completion and against Cal, Goff lit me up.

If all else fails drop down to All American with no shame...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2015, 09:14 PM   #8402
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I really don't understand what game you are experience @xCoachDx - that's a tough one. We've never had issues with the user being sacked as much as 10, never.

This video below is using the set but on 1 threshold - it was an older video, but still, I have no issues with being sacked and you can see my defense plays well, as well.

Old 08-04-2015, 09:43 PM   #8403
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
I mean defensively. Who do you control? Do you use the adjustments? Are you mixing up coverages? The other thing to consider is that last year 51 division 1 QBs had a completion percentage above 60% and 20 were above 65% including some from smaller schools. Throw in the fact that there too many screen passes in the game and you'll usually get a higher than average QB completion percentage.

It's college football not the NFL. The coverages are bad and DBs blow assignments all of the time. Yes the completion percentages are a little high, but calling the right defenses and using the adjustments will help. Momentum also helps. I used Ohio State last night and held the Fresno State QB to 45% completion with a combo of blitzes, disguised coverages, and controlling the the right players on D. They were clearly over matched. The game before against Nebraska I gave up 68% completion and against Cal, Goff lit me up.

If all else fails drop down to All American with no shame...
I'll control different people. just depends on the situation. And of my last three games, QB's went 20/23, 19/25, and 28/34, I think that's a bit too high for a 96 rated defense lol. I call it like it's a real game but there's just no point in it. The DB's really don't cover anybody. For this last game, I went and watched the defenders on each pass attempt. In man coverage, the DB's literally just backpedal until the WR cuts in front of them. Then they run about a yard behind them. A few times, my DB literally did not move until the WR ran by him. And a few times that was my OVR 97 Impact Player.. lol. The CPU defense doesn't do this at all unless it's something like a LB on a WR. But the matchups in my cases should have been fine. In zone, it's almost as if the zone depths are too deep, even in aggressive mode. Playing the DB that was in the flat/buzz zones helped vs. a 3 WR side. But normally, someone opens up on the other side of the field.

Idk. After watching all of this in my last game, combined with a fumble warping into an offensive lineman's hands about 3 yards away, a ball going straight through my defenders body, and the CPU running a center sneak for 8 yards (I didn't even know this was legal but hey, "If it's in the game.." right?) I think I've had enough of trying to make the game work. I love playing offense minus the occasional supermen CPU D-line. I feel like it plays very well. But defense is essentially useless. You just have to sit there and hope the CPU makes a silly mistake.

Last edited by xCoachDx; 08-04-2015 at 09:54 PM.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:03 PM   #8404
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
I'll control different people. just depends on the situation. And of my last three games, QB's went 20/23, 19/25, and 28/34, I think that's a bit too high for a 96 rated defense lol. I call it like it's a real game but there's just no point in it. The DB's really don't cover anybody. For this last game, I went and watched the defenders on each pass attempt. In man coverage, the DB's literally just backpedal until the WR cuts in front of them. Then they run about a yard behind them. A few times, my DB literally did not move until the WR ran by him. And a few times that was my OVR 97 Impact Player.. lol. The CPU defense doesn't do this at all unless it's something like a LB on a WR. But the matchups in my cases should have been fine. In zone, it's almost as if the zone depths are too deep, even in aggressive mode. Playing the DB that was in the flat/buzz zones helped vs. a 3 WR side. But normally, someone opens up on the other side of the field.

Idk. After watching all of this in my last game, combined with a fumble warping into an offensive lineman's hands about 3 yards away, a ball going straight through my defenders body, and the CPU running a center sneak for 8 yards (I didn't even know this was legal but hey, "If it's in the game.." right?) I think I've had enough of trying to make the game work. I love playing offense minus the occasional supermen CPU D-line. I feel like it plays very well. But defense is essentially useless. You just have to sit there and hope the CPU makes a silly mistake.
Makes no sense whatsoever, man. I just posted a video above yours - if what you are describing is reflective of the slider set posted, then yes, we're playing a different game, and I wonder what other guys are experiencing as well.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:05 PM   #8405
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I really don't understand what game you are experience @xCoachDx - that's a tough one. We've never had issues with the user being sacked as much as 10, never.

This video below is using the set but on 1 threshold - it was an older video, but still, I have no issues with being sacked and you can see my defense plays well, as well.

Wish I could record mine and post so you could see what I'm dealing with. My last play, I'm in Cover 2 Man vs. a 4 WR look, Inside slot runs a corner route. DB is still in his backpedal 2 yards after the WR has made his cut. The safety? Backpedaling in the middle of the field. Lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2015, 10:13 PM   #8406
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Wish I could record mine and post so you could see what I'm dealing with. My last play, I'm in Cover 2 Man vs. a 4 WR look, Inside slot runs a corner route. DB is still in his backpedal 2 yards after the WR has made his cut. The safety? Backpedaling in the middle of the field. Lol
You need to play 3 more games with the set as posted exactly and provide feedback. I think trying various sets has done more harm than good.

I would go as far as downloading a roster that has default aggression.

Also we all have camera phones, I know the animation you are talking about very well; which is why it'd help to get further clarification.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:15 PM   #8407
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
That is an incredibly difficult question to answer. You're talking about multiple players with multiple styles and teams. Without having concrete examples of why they are doing so well (i.e. are the CPU defenders not reacting well enough or is the User too juiced?) it is tough to diagnose.
Josh, it's obviously been a few days but I wanted to thank you for replying. I'm having the same problem in discussing it with my users because I have had a completely different experience. All of my games have been significantly more competitive.

I'll catch up on this thread, so maybe something along these lines has been discussed, but the biggest problem I've personally noted is the incredible effectiveness of Read Option plays. I think we all know that there's only so much that sliders can do to help this, but I'm confident that at least some of my users are exploiting the effectiveness of the Read Option to their benefit.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:15 PM   #8408
Pro

sms024's Arena

Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders (FINAL VERSION)

I'm using the exact same settings as Matt10. I can't really provide solid feedback from NCAA as the 2 seasons I've played with it so far were as an O-Coordinator and have yet to start my first as HC, but I use the same settings on M25 too.

They play similarly with the exception that bigger plays happen on NCAA. Offensively I see the same stuff on both games: great line interaction and proper play development, receivers get wide open sometimes and other times the defenders are stuck to em like glue, averaging ~66% completion on NCAA and ~59% on madden. I average 5-6 yards/carry on NCAA and 3-4 on madden (last game on madden I was at like 2.8ish until a big 58yd run in the 4th). 375-425 yds per game NCAA and 305-340yds per game on madden.

Defensively (exclusive to madden at the moment):
CPU run game is similar to mine. I give up lots of yards in the air though. After looking into it, it makes sense because Patrick Peterson is my only corner over 90, 2nd string is 84, then the rest are under 78. 3rd and 4th string get beat in man about 60% of the time against routes with cuts but I'm pretty sure this is do to low agility(both under 85) and lower man coverage ability (75-80) range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »