Home

Sliders to make passing hard vs CPU?

This is a discussion on Sliders to make passing hard vs CPU? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #9
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Sliders to make passing hard vs CPU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
After testing several sliders the following appear to effect passing:

1) QB accuracy: This slider is really weird. It has almost no effect on accuracy of throws when standing still (check it out in practice mode without a defense). However, it has a massive impact on throws while moving or being hit and also seems to reduce arm strength. Set human or CPU to 5-10 and see how hard it is to complete a pass on the move.

2) Pass blocking: This slider by itself does nothing for QBA. However, if QB accuracy is set in the 5-10 range then throws made on the run are very difficult. Reduce Pass blocking in the 30-40 range and you will find your and the CPU accuracy dropping significantly. The CPU will actually make bad throws for a change. However, this also may increase sacks as the CPU is still a little iffy on getting the ball out quickly.

3) DPI/OPI: These sliders are curious. They trigger a fighting animation 10 yards off the line of scrimmage which I guess is OPI (set OPI to 100 and after a penalty instant replay and watch the accused player). Unfortunately this is holding in real football and not DPI and I suspect is not triggered because we never throw at the tied up player. However the tying a man up makes him one less receiver to throw to. Raising either of these sliders towards 100 results in less men open for passes. Reducing it towards 0 results in more open men for passes. I generally leave these at 50 for DPI and 60 for OPI (so maybe I will see one every once in a while).

Pass coverage slider has no meaningful effect that I could detect this year on coverage. It doesn't effect men fooled by routes and all I could find was that it seems to result in faster closure while the ball is in the air but not a noticeable difference in deflections. It doesn't seem reversed or effective.
I endorse this 100%

Exactly what I have found. It's busted. INT slider is more effective than PCV as far as pass coverage

O, do you still recommend lowering all CPU defense agg by 20?

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:47 PM   #10
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Sliders to make passing hard vs CPU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
After testing several sliders the following appear to effect passing:

1) QB accuracy: This slider is really weird. It has almost no effect on accuracy of throws when standing still (check it out in practice mode without a defense). However, it has a massive impact on throws while moving or being hit and also seems to reduce arm strength. Set human or CPU to 5-10 and see how hard it is to complete a pass on the move.

2) Pass blocking: This slider by itself does nothing for QBA. However, if QB accuracy is set in the 5-10 range then throws made on the run are very difficult. Reduce Pass blocking in the 30-40 range and you will find your and the CPU accuracy dropping significantly. The CPU will actually make bad throws for a change. However, this also may increase sacks as the CPU is still a little iffy on getting the ball out quickly.

3) DPI/OPI: These sliders are curious. They trigger a fighting animation 10 yards off the line of scrimmage which I guess is OPI (set OPI to 100 and after a penalty instant replay and watch the accused player). Unfortunately this is holding in real football and not DPI and I suspect is not triggered because we never throw at the tied up player. However the tying a man up makes him one less receiver to throw to. Raising either of these sliders towards 100 results in less men open for passes. Reducing it towards 0 results in more open men for passes. I generally leave these at 50 for DPI and 60 for OPI (so maybe I will see one every once in a while).

Pass coverage slider has no meaningful effect that I could detect this year on coverage. It doesn't effect men fooled by routes and all I could find was that it seems to result in faster closure while the ball is in the air but not a noticeable difference in deflections. It doesn't seem reversed or effective.
Agree with everything in this post except part of number 3 in your list. What you are describing in my experience is what i seem to see with higher OPI (which seems to actually just trigger better/longer press coverage that has animations that look like that). DPI to me seems make the DBs react a bit better to a ball in the air. You and jaredlib both have more slider experience than me by far, but have you tested the two penalty sliders for PI separately and independently? Seems people always like to group them together. Maybe I'm wrong about what it seems to do though, it doesnt have a huge effect so its difficult to tell sometimes.

Last edited by aerovt; 07-26-2013 at 04:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »