Home

All-American Defensive Difficulty Tightens Coverage

This is a discussion on All-American Defensive Difficulty Tightens Coverage within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2013, 10:28 PM   #9
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: All-American Defensive Difficulty Tightens Coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrt
I absolutely see this same behavior. On AA the Human Pass Coverage works. On Heisman its terrible. My issue is I cannot find AA sliders where the CPU Offense is capable of providing a true challenge, especially the running game.

There has to be a solution/explanation for this though!!
In your opinion, is the pass defense better for the CPU on AA or is that still better for them on Heisman?

I'd rather have MY pass D suffer than have it be to easy to throw it around on the CPU...

Thanks!
Old 07-31-2013, 11:08 PM   #10
Pro

herropreese's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I'm sure this is true because on AA it is supposed to be easier to beat the CPU. That would mean your DB's will do better against the CPU. I'm sure on Freshman its even better. I played a game recently against the CPU on AA and they had a lot of trouble passing compared to Heisman.
I was under the impression that difficulty just affected ratings. Is that not the case?
Old 07-31-2013, 11:20 PM   #11
Rookie

trrt's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
In your opinion, is the pass defense better for the CPU on AA or is that still better for them on Heisman?

I'd rather have MY pass D suffer than have it be to easy to throw it around on the CPU...

Thanks!
I think for CPU Defense the Heisman level is noticeably tougher, including Pass Coverage.

The problem I am seeing is particular to Human Defense PCV on Heisman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2013, 01:07 AM   #12
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
I've tested my personal sliders on AA extensively, and Charters heisman sliders with personal tweaks, extensively, and my issue isn't with user coverage, I run a lot of cover 3 and haven't had issues. I am almost solely trying to get the CPU coverage better. You can run 2 pass plays out of shotgun tight (any mix of crossing routes, corner on one side, streak on the other) all day against any defense as it is right now. I've tried the PI penalty sliders at every setting, I've tried the PCV/INT setting at multiple settings. Charters settings in conjunction (USER PCV and INT, CPU QBA, PBL, WRC) work pretty well to make the passing game realistic user defense wise in my opinion, I just wish I could find a setting that makes CPU absolutely lock down everything, and then tone it back from there....
OPI and DPI penalty sliders at 0 will lock things down alright
Old 08-01-2013, 10:09 PM   #13
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorsinRENO
OPI and DPI penalty sliders at 0 will lock things down alright

Has anyone tried OPI @ 0 / DPI @ 0 / PRC @0 / INT 25 on AA?

If so, what were your observations of those settings for both the HUM and CPU D?

Thanks!
Old 08-02-2013, 08:57 PM   #14
Pro

willIam9387's Arena

OVR: 10

The problem with All-American in my mind is that the CPU QB isn't looking to score, and isn't as much of a threat as Heisman. Pass coverage is better but I think it has to do more with the fact the CPU QB doesn't have that competitive streak like they do on heisman.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #15
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by willIam9387
The problem with All-American in my mind is that the CPU QB isn't looking to score, and isn't as much of a threat as Heisman. Pass coverage is better but I think it has to do more with the fact the CPU QB doesn't have that competitive streak like they do on heisman.
I would have agreed with you until I just played a HALF against against AZ QB (89 OVR) at default ACC / PBK / CTH...

He threw for 255 / a couple deep shots completed / precision 2 minute drill leading to a TD toss over the middle with 5 seconds left...

Most of the AA sets have very low CPU QB ACC (5-10)...I tried 5 and although it keeps the percentages closer to reality, the "assortment" of throws and that "competitiveness" you're referring to seems to come back at the default setting...

I'm not sure where to go from here, but although the 12 for 15 comp percentage bothers me, the "aerial assault" I'm witnessing now, is a first for me with this title...

It also seems to affect playcalls...at lower CPU QB ACC numbers, they lean on the run much more...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #16
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Okay, today I reacquainted myself with the 'ole "Pass Commit" feature and it may or may not make the HUM Pass D play better, but it sure made for a MUCH more realistic stat line for the CPU QB...

I got lit up on a couple draws, but I'd rather sacrifice 25 of those yards to save about 200+ passing yards, etc...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »