Home

Old 07-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Slider question

So this is kind of a noob question but can someone explain to me why on all these slider sets people post why do they put the user sliders so low? For instance, QB accuracy, User:5 CPU:20. Doesn't that just make your qb suck really bad? Wouldn't playing with the sliders higher make it better? Idk...just trying to find a good slider set...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #2
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Slider question

putting the QBA slider higher for the user makes passing way way too easy
Old 07-26-2013, 10:07 PM   #3
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleepjk
So this is kind of a noob question but can someone explain to me why on all these slider sets people post why do they put the user sliders so low? For instance, QB accuracy, User:5 CPU:20. Doesn't that just make your qb suck really bad? Wouldn't playing with the sliders higher make it better? Idk...just trying to find a good slider set...
I agree with you. It seems everyone wants to drop the sliders below 50. I can see it for certain sliders, but most of these a way too low.

QB acc below 30 and his long ball suffers greatly. I feel if his feet are set he should be good at completing the pass, but not every single time. I have mine at 40, and I love the results. I get about 5 to 8 passes that get away from me when my feet are set.

I also feel that in the college level the game is more on the offensive side. I looked at some statistics from last year. The first 50 teams for avg points scored had 31pts a game. Thats insane. Then all the way down to the first 101 teams it was 21pts a game. This tells me that in college football scoring is not a problem, and playing defense is.

First 50 teams: http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/f...rent/team/1028

I then made my sliders where playing defense is tougher to accomplish then executing on offense.
I took the Rb ability and shot that up, and then lowered the tackling slider where open field tackles are intimidating as they should be. This is way a team that can pursue well on defense and tackle as a team has a solid defense. I did not do it to where every one on one situation leads to a broken tackle, but the scare is there. The percentage stills favors the defense.

College football is filled with highlights , and its sometimes because of the one on ones in the open field. It truly favors the offensive player.

Right now Im balancing my blocking sliders for running the ball. I want it to where your skills as a RB gets you the yards, and not that the line blocks so well. I want a solid balance and a unpredictable feeling.

Passing I have good for the hum, but not for the CPU yet. I have the CPU pass blocking to well, and there run blocking not where it should be. Im almost there.

I say do your own slider set, and set them to how you see the game. It really is not that hard. Just play about 3 games before you tweak a slider. One game it may feel like run blocking is to high, but the next game it's not. So be patient.

Good luck with getting a set of sliders

Last edited by Tyrant8RDFL; 07-26-2013 at 10:15 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:02 AM   #4
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
I agree with you. It seems everyone wants to drop the sliders below 50. I can see it for certain sliders, but most of these a way too low.

QB acc below 30 and his long ball suffers greatly. I feel if his feet are set he should be good at completing the pass, but not every single time. I have mine at 40, and I love the results. I get about 5 to 8 passes that get away from me when my feet are set.

I also feel that in the college level the game is more on the offensive side. I looked at some statistics from last year. The first 50 teams for avg points scored had 31pts a game. Thats insane. Then all the way down to the first 101 teams it was 21pts a game. This tells me that in college football scoring is not a problem, and playing defense is.

First 50 teams: http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/f...rent/team/1028

I then made my sliders where playing defense is tougher to accomplish then executing on offense.
I took the Rb ability and shot that up, and then lowered the tackling slider where open field tackles are intimidating as they should be. This is way a team that can pursue well on defense and tackle as a team has a solid defense. I did not do it to where every one on one situation leads to a broken tackle, but the scare is there. The percentage stills favors the defense.

College football is filled with highlights , and its sometimes because of the one on ones in the open field. It truly favors the offensive player.

Right now Im balancing my blocking sliders for running the ball. I want it to where your skills as a RB gets you the yards, and not that the line blocks so well. I want a solid balance and a unpredictable feeling.

Passing I have good for the hum, but not for the CPU yet. I have the CPU pass blocking to well, and there run blocking not where it should be. Im almost there.

I say do your own slider set, and set them to how you see the game. It really is not that hard. Just play about 3 games before you tweak a slider. One game it may feel like run blocking is to high, but the next game it's not. So be patient.

Good luck with getting a set of sliders
I love this, I agree that lowering a lot of stuff does take away. I have been using the community sliders and I have issues running the option from the flexbone. It's hard to get consistent numbers. Only one of my games with GT in Dynasty has resulted in close the correct rushing totals that they would get in real life. I think that the penalty sliders can affect more than what we give credit for, and can really make the game feel complete. Like you said, once you have a set down for you, and you are first comfortable with the game speed, then you can start enjoying it. I will admit, I jump into the slider screen the moment stuff starts feeling weird, but then again, I played the sport in high school and watched it since I was 6, so I know what to expect and what I want to see.. I agree so much with the offensive explosions that you mentioned were happening: WE SHOULD NOT BE GETTING MADDEN SCORES PEOPLE!!! Ever watched Oregon, Oklahoma, Ok St, Texas Tech, any of those schools play? Poop on 20-14 college games lol
Old 08-01-2013, 04:15 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorsinRENO
I love this, I agree that lowering a lot of stuff does take away. I have been using the community sliders and I have issues running the option from the flexbone. It's hard to get consistent numbers. Only one of my games with GT in Dynasty has resulted in close the correct rushing totals that they would get in real life. I think that the penalty sliders can affect more than what we give credit for, and can really make the game feel complete. Like you said, once you have a set down for you, and you are first comfortable with the game speed, then you can start enjoying it. I will admit, I jump into the slider screen the moment stuff starts feeling weird, but then again, I played the sport in high school and watched it since I was 6, so I know what to expect and what I want to see.. I agree so much with the offensive explosions that you mentioned were happening: WE SHOULD NOT BE GETTING MADDEN SCORES PEOPLE!!! Ever watched Oregon, Oklahoma, Ok St, Texas Tech, any of those schools play? Poop on 20-14 college games lol
\

I think that was one of the questions. are the slider guys comparing a dynasty season to a ncaa as far as the top 25-50 schools vs jumping on the sliders after one game. i saw a cpu vs cpu game with virginia tech and old dom. it was 70-17. someone didn't like that old dom's qb threw for 300yds. was that jump a one game thing, being virginia may not have great dbs. old dom would have to play 4 or 5 top schools to get an idea if the sliders are working, not just one game. test them against usc, ohio state and alabama and see what the qb doesn, not just one game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #6
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

I used Oregon at Old Dominion, beat em 60-17, and they had 250+ passing yrds. That's acceptable, I think in the grand scheme of things the high yardage and passing yards and running totals for good running teams is what should happen. We never know what will happen week in and week out, so that is another thing that does make the game somewhat more unpredictable

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »