Home

Old 07-29-2013, 10:33 PM   #1
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Zone Coverage

Just curious: what is zone cover like with DPI, PCV, and INT at 100 on 100MST?

I do not own NCAA14 but I would like to get a vision of what the slider system is like compared to M13 if I ever get into it.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 07-29-2013 at 10:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2013, 11:28 PM   #2
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Zone Coverage

Havent tried that set out but honestly, with DLine pressure and a good defense (ie not Western Kentucky or whatever) and the right set of sliders, defense can be managable. I've held QBs to under 50% completion. You just have to be in their face with pressure all game which, imo, seems realistic.

If you are that concerned about it, you can download the demo for free and set the sliders to whatever you want. Wont be exactly the same as retail, but isnt that far off

Last edited by aerovt; 07-29-2013 at 11:30 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:10 AM   #3
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I have all penalties at default 50, user PCV at 35, tough heisman sliders, and I run cover 3/cover 4 all the time with success.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:59 AM   #4
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

@jaredlib I am surprised.

I like to use a tampa2 system and I find lower coverage settings maximize man coverage. I am surprised your zone techniques are not suffering.

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 07-30-2013 at 02:16 AM.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:48 AM   #5
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz

I like to use a tampa2 system and I find lower coverage settings maximize man coverage. I am surprised your zone techniques are not suffering.

yea I see a lot of people playing on All-american and Heisman, and that's been shown to have more of the db glitch than Varsity. with sliders, you should be able to alleviate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2013, 10:19 PM   #6
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz

Do you think that higher settings help zone?

If that's the case then would default (50) be the best "balanced" coverage between Man / Zone?

Thanks!
Old 08-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #7
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Do you think that higher settings help zone?

If that's the case then would default (50) be the best "balanced" coverage between Man / Zone?

Thanks!
Precisely.

Its a matter of interprentation albeit we do need clear observations.

From my experience in M13: the sliders split in their desigm between how they are carried out on rookie and pro vs all-pro and all-madden.

The same can be said for NCAA since NCAA'12 as far back as I can recall.

If you look at the two, pass coverage and run defense: both act as read and react sliders albeit NCAA couples it with block sheddig while Madden makes block shedding a stand alone slider.

In respect to pass coverage, I have found this slider to convey man vs zone. The same can be said for rush defense: more reading vs reacting or more reacting vs reading.

In pass zone coverage you do more sitting than moving wheras in man you follow nearly every movement of the man opposite you.

If you see it more as a loose vs tight coverage assignment, that is fine too.

I do want to thank the fellow, it may be you, who suggestee using a lower INT slider to help zone - I have tried it in M13 and it is working wonders!

I have not purchased NCAA since '12 but I still peruse these forums to see how our ideas might intervene. I always am able to take away something that can be applied to Madden.

Your observations are always insightful and offer a glimpse into what I can expect to see and apply in the next Madden.

Cheers!

Old 08-01-2013, 11:22 PM   #8
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

Btw, re; rookie and pro vs all-pro and all-madden: on the former lesser = less and more = more better. On the later modes it becomes more of a change in concepts and tendencies.

I would liken it to how play now plays differently than season mode. When you play on all-american and heisman you are using sliders that not do more than just make your opponent better or worst because the cpu is generally already supposed to be boosted in some way and more ways than one so that they may offer you a greater challenge.

Since the CPU is already boosted for challenge, you cannot really make them 'worst' - you can change their tendencies universally which will alter gameplay but not so much the standard level of difficulty that you have selected.

You can test this with the INT slider set to 5 on Varsity vs Heisman and set to 95 on Varsity vs Heisman whilen keeping all other sliders as is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »