Home

Mo's Perfect Storm Sliders

This is a discussion on Mo's Perfect Storm Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2013, 04:48 AM   #1
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41
Mo's Perfect Storm Sliders

I'm using this setup...THIS is a MUST try folks
An Absolute Blast

I've tried these on Hum vs CPU & Coach mode & got great results.
OFF Skill - AA
DEF Skill - AA...you can probably use any level for both skill sets
9 min Quarters
Game speed - slow
Thresh - 43
HFA - OFF
Here's where you unlock the insanity...set BOTH user/cpu big runs to Aggressive & make sure cpu zone cov is off of aggressive.

Custom AI
QB Acc 10/10
PB - 65/65
WRC - 50/50
RBA 50/60
RB 50/50
P Cov 50/50
Int 35/35
RD 50/50
Tack 35/35
FGP 35/35
FGA 35/35
PP 45/45
PA 70/70
KOP 25/25
Feedback appreciated & we can take these & run w/ them...until the patches & tuners drop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2013, 11:40 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Thumbs up Re: Mo's Perfect Storm Sliders

Great Sliders!!!!

I tried these b/c they were similar to the sliders that I were using. One of the differences was the threshold at 43, made a complete difference! I just finished a dynasty game #9 Texas (me) vs #16 Kansas State, I won 34 - 32. Both teams were life like driving down the field scoring at will or making key defensive plays to get ahead. At one point during the 4th, I took a pick to the house and my corner celebrated by flashing his nike gloves at the camera. I completely lost it!!! If penalties worked on this game I would be completely locked in.

Offensively, i thought both running games were too dominate. K-State averaged 8.7 yards a carry, and i averaged 6.5, while i don't place much emphasis on this, next game i will bring run blocking down by 5 for both teams. In the college game most running backs avg 4.5 yards a carry and up, so if the changes break the running game, I will change it back b/c the running was enjoyable and CPU ranked teams should step it up.

Passing was also enjoyable, I have Freshman Swoopes starting and eventhough he didn't have great numbers (9-17, 129 yards 1 int) I felt it was realistic that a freshman QB should struggle against a ranked team with a good D. He made great throws and terrible throws, I usually go through my progressions and if i make a mistake, it's b/c I love to gamble.

The CPU passing game was fun too. Sims completely torched me! ( 21-26 285 yards 2TDs 1int, the pick costed him the game) I know this game has problems with QB's going H.A.M. So next game I will lower the acc slider by 5, again if it changes the competitive factor, I'll change it back.

Defensively for me and the CPU, I'm not touching anything both teams played good at times and bad at times. Both defensives came out stuffing the run, there were 3 and outs, fumbles, picks and break downs in coverage. Everything that you should expect. I play every position on defensive, i control one position per play. I fill in voids with players whether I have to rush the QB, play zone or man coverage. I have had games where I completely shut a team down and I have had games like this, where I'm struggling to take out either the CPU's rushing or passing game and like I said earlier our sliders were so similar, I expected this.

Special Teams were as expected the CPU a couple of times used directional kicking which I rarely see. The CPU also had great returns that gave them good field position. My kicker on Texas has I think like a 94 in kpw so regardless of sliders, I can nail FGs from anywhere 55yards and in. Punting was cool with power at 35. I usually try to pin returners inside the numbers aiming for the sidelines so I like the overall kicking sliders. EA never paid attention to Special Teams so this is basically the Kicking game.

Again Great Sliders!!!!! I prefer All-American b/c on higher levels I feel the CPU does cheap things to make the game competitive. I think the treshold makes the difference in a lot of slider sets, after that it's trying to do what you can to get a great game from the CPU. These sliders saved me plenty of work, cause I'm usually at work and can't give a lot of attention to sliders so I find sets that fit my playing style or tweak em or leave alone.
Now I'll start enjoying my dynasty!!
Old 07-31-2013, 11:52 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Mo's Perfect Storm Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
I'm using this setup...THIS is a MUST try folks
An Absolute Blast

I've tried these on Hum vs CPU & Coach mode & got great results.
OFF Skill - AA
DEF Skill - AA...you can probably use any level for both skill sets
9 min Quarters
Game speed - slow
Thresh - 43
HFA - OFF
Here's where you unlock the insanity...set BOTH user/cpu big runs to Aggressive & make sure cpu zone cov is off of aggressive.

Custom AI
QB Acc 10/10
PB - 65/65
WRC - 50/50
RBA 50/60
RB 50/50
P Cov 50/50
Int 35/35
RD 50/50
Tack 35/35
FGP 35/35
FGA 35/35
PP 45/45
PA 70/70
KOP 25/25
Feedback appreciated & we can take these & run w/ them...until the patches & tuners drop.
It's a good looking set up - but hate to break it to you, the Aggressive Zone will not stay off even if you manually switch sides and change it. If this could be done - many of us would just be playing AA or Heisman, rather than varsity.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:24 PM   #4
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
It's a good looking set up - but hate to break it to you, the Aggressive Zone will not stay off even if you manually switch sides and change it. If this could be done - many of us would just be playing AA or Heisman, rather than varsity.
Hmm, I paused the game just to check this & the cpu's big run aggressive was still applied, but the A. Zone wasn't. This was in coach mode tho, which auto pass was on... I'll have to test this again to make sure. Thanks for the feedback fellow O Sers

Last edited by Motown; 07-31-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:44 AM   #5
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Hmm, I paused the game just to check this & the cpu's big run aggressive was still applied, but the A. Zone wasn't. This was in coach mode tho, which auto pass was on... I'll have to test this again to make sure. Thanks for the feedback fellow O Sers
yea man go back and see, that's the reason we are stuck playing on varsity to override that stupidity
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2013, 02:42 AM   #6
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

I just had ONE HELLAVA GAME on Varsity w/ my sliders FSU vs GT...I pulled out the win when FSUs Christian Jones stripped GT QB Lee for a fumble that sealed the deal
FSU 41 GT 34...only 1 TO in a downpour
Rushing yds GT 322 FSU 165
Passing yds GT 125 FSU 228
By the way, I played this game in 1080p & the mud showed ALOT better than 720 PS3

...here's the play that sealed it for me

Old 08-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #7
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I just had ONE HELLAVA GAME on Varsity w/ my sliders FSU vs GT...I pulled out the win when FSUs Christian Jones stripped GT QB Lee for a fumble that sealed the deal
FSU 41 GT 34...only 1 TO in a downpour
Rushing yds GT 322 FSU 165
Passing yds GT 125 FSU 228
By the way, I played this game in 1080p & the mud showed ALOT better than 720 PS3
How did you change to 1080p on your PS3?

Playing on Varsity/Varsity, wasn't it super easy to move the ball? And was Defense non-existent?

Last edited by The Kid 24; 08-01-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:45 PM   #8
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
How did you change to 1080p on your PS3?

Playing on Varsity/Varsity, wasn't it super easy to move the ball? And was Defense non-existent?
Go to settings on your PS3 then change display settings, uncheck 720 to force 1080...
there were some wtf moments, but it was heavy rain & a lot of slips.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »