Home

Old 08-07-2013, 05:13 PM   #1
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1
Gameplay idea???

So I know alot of guys on here think that the reason for the CPU DB glitch is due to their zone defense always being set to aggressive. Someone on here suggested to switch sides and change their game plan for zone back to balanced, they also mentioned that you may need to change it multiple times a game as the CPU seems to change it back. Well after a little testing its easy to see that as soon as you switch back to your team the CPU wastes no time in changing their zone back to aggressive. This got me thinking about playing a game with two controllers so that the team I'm playing against isnt being controlled by the CPU. Then it hit me, what if that's the answer to all of our problems? What if every game we played the CPU thinks youre playing USER vs USER, when in reality you would just be picking plays for the other team, making sure their zone stayed on balanced, and as soon as the ball is snapped the other team would just play for themselves, kinda like what guys do on defense and auto-passing. With this theory I figure you shouldnt have any effect from the CPU sliders, cuz like I said the game will think youre playing USER vs USER, this should eliminate any sort of boost given to the CPU and allow players to play to their ratings even on the Heisman level. Let me know if anyone has any input on this, I am going to begin testing this theory now. Thanks in advance for any feedback, it's much appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2013, 05:37 PM   #2
Rookie

fugene's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Gameplay idea???

Would the user not be aware of the opposing team's play calling if you were to do this?
Old 08-07-2013, 06:18 PM   #3
MVP

tc020791's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugene
Would the user not be aware of the opposing team's play calling if you were to do this?
Yes. I am just doing ask coach closing my eyes, scrolling thru and hitting X A or Y.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #4
Rookie

BlackRain37's Arena

OR just use the Ask the Coach option and the CPU will call one of 3 plays on the screen itself (for Defense). Not sure how you would do two controllers for the offense
Old 08-10-2013, 04:20 PM   #5
MVP

tc020791's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRain37
OR just use the Ask the Coach option and the CPU will call one of 3 plays on the screen itself (for Defense). Not sure how you would do two controllers for the offense
Thats what I do on both D and O, just use Ask Coach and randomly pick a play with out looking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #6
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

Way to think outside of the box. It's just sad that we have to do things like this in a 2014 game title
Old 08-10-2013, 11:33 PM   #7
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

How does it play when you do this? Do you still notice the aggressiveness towards the end of quarters when playing on All-American and Heisman?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »