Home

Quarterback THROWING POWER is the fix for this game

This is a discussion on Quarterback THROWING POWER is the fix for this game within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2013, 11:19 PM   #1
Rookie

JakeReaves's Arena

OVR: 0
Quarterback THROWING POWER is the fix for this game

I was sitting at my desk at work and all of a sudden this random thought screamed to the surface: Jake, if the damn velocity on the passes wasnt so unrealistic (especially for college) then it would be easier for dbs and lbs to react in a more realistic manner. So I left work and rushed home to give it a try. I lowered Bridgewater's and Vad Lee's thr pwr down to 35 (both qbs took an ENORMOUS overall rating hit, who cares..I want some real football) and took GaTech to Lousville. Wasnt enough. Still making rope throws like Craig Kimbrel out of the pen, so I quit and lowered them both to 0. What happened next was the best half of football Ive played since NCAA 2006 ps2. Dbs had time to react on throws across the field. It was great. I do think that somewhere between 0 and 25 will be the sweet spot but Im not certain as to where. Im not a slider guy and I work a lot. If I have to lower every qb in the game I will to get a better game.

Give this a try just with a couple qbs and let me know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2013, 11:27 PM   #2
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Quarterback THROWING POWER is the fix for this game

You might be on to something but, the best way to do it would be to just change your QB and opponent right before games then change them back. It would ruin sim stats and mess up draft classes. Ill give it a shot
Old 08-07-2013, 11:38 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 1

so how do u change there throwing power? and how do u know how low to lower them or u going to do a set setting for all
Old 08-07-2013, 11:40 PM   #4
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan813
so how do u change there throwing power? and how do u know how low to lower them or u going to do a set setting for all
You edit there ratings
Old 08-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #5
Rookie

JakeReaves's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
You edit there ratings
Charter, were you able to give this a try for a game?

I played another great game last night. The ball flight, and the amount of time the ball stays in the air is beautiful in context to player speed. I did notice a couple of floaters though (with thr pwr @ 0) that safeties had a little too much time to get over and make a play. I will try 10-15 tonight. I really think this is the key issue with why pass defense is broken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2013, 09:55 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeReaves

I played another great game last night. The ball flight, and the amount of time the ball stays in the air is beautiful in context to player speed. I did notice a couple of floaters though (with thr pwr @ 0) that safeties had a little too much time to get over and make a play. I will try 10-15 tonight. I really think this is the key issue with why pass defense is broken.
this is a great find can u edit the players in dynasty mode also or just on the main screen
Old 08-08-2013, 10:11 AM   #7
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeReaves

There are some good things about it but, after testing it causes QB's to only be able to throw about 45 yards down the field. That's way to short.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:18 AM   #8
Rookie

JakeReaves's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
There are some good things about it but, after testing it causes QB's to only be able to throw about 45 yards down the field. That's way to short.
Ouch. That's not good. What thr pwr is that on? Do you think a sweet spot exists?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »