Home

Looking for a good slider set

This is a discussion on Looking for a good slider set within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
Looking for a good slider set

First of all, I wanna thank everyone here on OS that has put the time in to make these sliders. Takes a lot of time and work. BUT I haven't found the right set for me.

I'm decent against the computer... lost probably 2 games on heisman against them. Here's the problem. I want a challenging game against the computer on heisman. I don't feel like the computer has that aggressiveness on AA or the other difficulties like it does on heisman, but it feels like the computer cheats on it which cause the problems. Offense is never a problem (I quit running read options since they're always good for at least 10 yards) it's defense where I have issues... I can get the computer to third down, it's after that it gets cheap.

Computer breaking 5 tackles a play, TE's open with my LB's ten yards behind them, corner routes and out routes leave cpu receivers wide open for long first downs. I want to get beat fair and square, not because my players randomly get awful. I typically put my DE's in flat or buzz zones on third down to try and get a stop but it doesn't help much.

My question is... does anyone have a slider set that actually makes it a challenge where every player on the other team isn't Bo Jackson with the ball and Peyton Manning going 28-30 at QB?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2013, 02:59 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Looking for a good slider set

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-heisman.html

Mine are tough.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:41 PM   #3
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

I'll give them a shot when I get home
Old 10-29-2013, 04:20 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 5

I believe I have the most realistic slider set available and most here on OS and also on youtube would tend to agree. You can check out some of the gameplay that My slider set achieves using my "Unleashed" version of the infinity engine. You are going to see animations that you will not see with anyone else's set, and you will receive a challenge the no other set can deliver. I just released my final update yesterday and I have NCAA football playing better than it's ever been.

Weight and Momentum respected

Run Game Showcase

Best Pass Defense available

Dynamic Passing Game

Old 10-29-2013, 07:18 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
I'll give them a shot when I get home
You give them a try?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2013, 06:14 PM   #6
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrueToTheGame
I believe I have the most realistic slider set available and most here on OS and also on youtube would tend to agree. You can check out some of the gameplay that My slider set achieves using my "Unleashed" version of the infinity engine. You are going to see animations that you will not see with anyone else's set, and you will receive a challenge the no other set can deliver. I just released my final update yesterday and I have NCAA football playing better than it's ever been.

Weight and Momentum respected

Run Game Showcase

Best Pass Defense available

Dynamic Passing Game

I've been using yours as my dynasty sliders the last week or so. Still putting up a ton of points but it plays great and likr you said, the animations are fantastic. I'm working on making it harder on the lines as I'm getting about 5 sacks a game but not getting pressured much. I'm Oklahoma in this particular dynasty and it's awesome running over people with Blake Bell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredtyshaf
You give them a try?
Trying them out now. I'll let you know
Old 10-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #7
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredtyshaf
You give them a try?
Just finished and here's the results. USF didn't even put up a fight. 16 total yards. I had 5 sacks amongst 3 players and a pick. Even got a safety. On offense, that was another struggle. It wasn't as hard as it was irritating. Hundley was literally throwing the ball nowhere near wide open recievers. He couldn't even hit James on a screen. I ran 2 read options just to see how they worked and got 4 each.

26 carries for Jordon James for 128 yards,

2 carries for Hundley one being a scramble for 16

4 for Manfro for 7 yards. It's nice not putting up 30 plus a game, but it didnt feel difficult as much as it felt like it was weakening me

Definitely has potential, just hated the passing + how easy defense was
Old 10-29-2013, 08:02 PM   #8
Rookie

westview33's Arena

OVR: 1

Usually when someone claims they have the best sliders or most realistic sliders that is based on their own opinion using their own sliders.

I've always thought it was much more appropriate to just say I have sliders that might suit your playing style because really what defines the most realistic sliders or best sliders ever?

Someone who doesn't use sliders and play right out the box might feel as if the game is realistic that way. While someone else might feel as if the game plays more realistic using a hybrid "0" slider approach.

I think the smartest thing to do is to pick a few sets then kind of take the best settings based on your own playing style and experience to modify it to your liking.

I just don't agree with someone stating boldly that they have the best set possible because obviously we all have different ideas as to how we feel the game should play and it's very rare that one set could be the best or most realistic set everyone.

That's just my 2 cents!
Westview Basketball #33

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »