Home

I can't tell if it's me or the sliders...

This is a discussion on I can't tell if it's me or the sliders... within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2014, 06:13 PM   #1
Rookie

jedibob5's Arena

OVR: 0
I can't tell if it's me or the sliders...

I am really, really trying to figure out how to enjoy a dynasty on NCAA 14, but I continue to get frustrated. I've tried some of the popular slider sets, but I find most of them too difficult, or else just erratic. I'm not sure at this point if it's the game, the sliders, or me... I started playing NCAA with '13, so I'm obviously not as good at the game as a lot of you who've been playing for years, but I'd say I'm at least competent. Still, I'm not sure if the reason realistic sets don't work for me is because of the set, or because of my skill relative to you guys, for whom the sets are designed for...

I'm playing a Tulane dynasty, planning to build it up. Yeah, Tulane starts off pretty bad, and I don't mind getting blown out by teams better than me. In year 1, I went 4-8, which isn't too unrealistic, but I restarted games a lot to do tweaks, and at times I also simmed things at times to see if it produced a reasonable result. In year 2, I'm still having a lot of trouble, and I can't figure it out. I'm either playing a lot better than I should against good teams, or playing like crap against bad teams (or both at the same time, which is weird.) I narrowly lost to Clemson and Rutgers, but then found myself unable to do ANYTHING against Akron, of all people... I wound up just supersimming the whole game in frustration, and won 49-17. I'm desperate at this point, can anyone help me out? What do I need to do to get fun games on here? I don't even need hyper-realistic stat totals, I just want teams to give me the challenge that their rating would suggest...

Here's the set I'm working with. It's based on a pretty simple set I found. It leaves game speed, min speed threshold, and penalties alone, and tries to keep as much of things as close to default as it can. Most of the ones that do a ton of drastic changes I've found to be insanely difficult.
Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2014, 09:39 PM   #2
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: I can't tell if it's me or the sliders...

dont see it listed, so assume you have it at default. Turn HFA off, it makes games very erratic as you describe
Old 01-30-2014, 04:11 PM   #3
MVP

Clemsonpanther's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: I can't tell if it's me or the sliders...

Check the PM i sent you with my sliders, you may like them. Also turn HFA off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »