Home

Not another NCAA 14 Slider Thread!

This is a discussion on Not another NCAA 14 Slider Thread! within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2015, 10:01 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Not another NCAA 14 Slider Thread!

Played a Fatigue Off game today with my re-rated version of Buffeyes Roster (details in my thread in the Roster Forum). Game was Coach mode, Alabama (me) versus Florida, 8 minute quarters, Very Fast Game Speed, Sliders at 50, Offense Difficulty at Heisman and Defense Difficulty at AA. 1st half score: Bama 3, Florida 0 (Florida missed a 19 yard FG). Second half score: Florida 7, Bama 7. Final: 10-7 Bama. Score was 3-0 Bama until midway in 4th quarter when Florida Defense recovered a Bama QB fumble and ran it in for s TD. Bama scored with 6 seconds left and no TOs left to win game. Bama also missed two 40 yard FGs during the game. Game also featured a 20-play Bama drive, culminating in one of the two missed FGs.

Fatigue Off definitely helped CPU keep Florida on game plan in 2nd half. One interesting observation: My re-rated Buffeyes Roster has lowered Stamina and Injury settings, so other games I have played with Fatigue On have resulted in frequent, but mostly minor, injuries. With Fatigue Off, there were almost zero injuries in this latest game. More testing needed, but perhaps the Fatigue Off/On switch is reversed.
Old 03-14-2015, 11:44 AM   #50
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I played a quarter of the fatigue off, and loved it. I was lowly California against Ohio State. Yup, I got absolutely destroyed on the ground, almost 250 yards rushing against me alone, all touchdowns were runs, and were a result of big plays - I'm talking 30-40 yard breakers, man.

It was great to get that college feel, as in anything can happen. Combined with the OS sliders - this could really take the game to another level. Saw some of the best blocking I've ever seen.

I'll try to sneak in a full game today, but this is a solid find, Jbrew
Old 03-14-2015, 12:04 PM   #51
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Just had one of the best defensive games this morning. In my 2nd dynasty where I am in year 2014 with ODU as the HC. I am playing North Texas, a team about as bad as mine. They entered the day sporting a 1-4 record while I am 5-1 thanks to the CUSA being crap. My QB leads the nation in passing and TDs but I am 123rd in team rushing, not sure how anyone else can be worse then me.

The first half is all about defense as I managed 3 field goals while NT had 1 really nice drive resulting in a TD. My QB got hurt on the 3rd play causing him to miss 3 series before his return. Once my QB returned he threw his first if two picks on the day to the same player, dude was a ball hawk today. We nursed a 9-7 halftime lead.

In the second half the NT defense decided to kill my QB as they rolled up 6 sacks in the half, forced another pick, and got a sack fumble that was scooped for a TD. NT would add 11 points in the 3rd while I scored 1TD pushing the score to 18-16 to start the 4th.

In the 4th NT found their way to inside my 10 yard line twice but my defense some how got 2 stops on 4th and goal on back to back drives. I think they might have kicked had their kicker not missed 2 field goals already in the game. I was able to hit one of my receivers on running a "9" route against a SS for a TD but missed the extra point, I sim all PATs and CPU field goals.

With less then 2 minutes to go I hold a slim 22-18 lead. NT moves the ball down the field to inside my 30 yard line before a huge hit on their best receiver after a screen pass caused a fumble. I recovered and was able to just run the clock out. I am not sure it was even a catch but the review said it was and a fumble. Maybe some messed up AI there but I walk out with a limp and the win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2015, 12:31 PM   #52
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art01
Played a Fatigue Off game today with my re-rated version of Buffeyes Roster (details in my thread in the Roster Forum). Game was Coach mode, Alabama (me) versus Florida, 8 minute quarters, Very Fast Game Speed, Sliders at 50, Offense Difficulty at Heisman and Defense Difficulty at AA. 1st half score: Bama 3, Florida 0 (Florida missed a 19 yard FG). Second half score: Florida 7, Bama 7. Final: 10-7 Bama. Score was 3-0 Bama until midway in 4th quarter when Florida Defense recovered a Bama QB fumble and ran it in for s TD. Bama scored with 6 seconds left and no TOs left to win game. Bama also missed two 40 yard FGs during the game. Game also featured a 20-play Bama drive, culminating in one of the two missed FGs.

Fatigue Off definitely helped CPU keep Florida on game plan in 2nd half. One interesting observation: My re-rated Buffeyes Roster has lowered Stamina and Injury settings, so other games I have played with Fatigue On have resulted in frequent, but mostly minor, injuries. With Fatigue Off, there were almost zero injuries in this latest game. More testing needed, but perhaps the Fatigue Off/On switch is reversed.

Art,

I have had 2 different experiences with injuries since turning fatigue off. My 1st dynasty is in year 2029, played the past 3 seasons with fatigue off. In just 3 seasons I gave lost 5 guys to season injuries, I am only counting the ones that had injuries that said "Out for the Season". I have had 4 guys miss 5+ weeks. I have had 3 guys miss 2-4 weeks, most of the time they miss 2-3 games beyond that time. Then I gave had countless in game injuries where guys miss a few plays to rest of the game. I have not edited the injury ratings at all, just playing with how EA created the players.

In my 2nd dynasty I am just in year 2014 using the roster file Matt10 has posted on the first page of the "Community Slider" page. I have seen a sharp decline in injuries in game and over the course of multiple weeks. I have this one receiver that misses a few plays each game as he is the only one getting hurt, the first season it was him and a senior LB. In my last game the WR got hurt yet again but this time it was for 4 weeks.

After the game I decided to take a look at the injury ratings to see why I might not see as many injuries as in my 1st dynasty. What I found was my entire offense, other then the WR and my o-line which I edited, were rated 70-99. The always injuries WR has a 42 injury rating. So I went to look at my 1st dynasty roster to see where the a created players stacked up. I found most players were between 40-70 with 5 guys above 80. I looked at the injury ratings of the 2 players that I have out for 8 weeks and the season. Both players, a senior(Rs) HB and a sophomore CB, have injury ratings in the 40s. I then looked at all the players that had injuries that were still on my roster and everyone of them was between 40-60.

So I think once you go above a rating of 60 you see the decline. I know you said you have your own related roster done on the editor that allows for ratings to go up to 127. Not sure what you have your injury ratings at but the EA created players have some low injury ratings.
Old 03-14-2015, 12:45 PM   #53
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I played a quarter of the fatigue off, and loved it. I was lowly California against Ohio State. Yup, I got absolutely destroyed on the ground, almost 250 yards rushing against me alone, all touchdowns were runs, and were a result of big plays - I'm talking 30-40 yard breakers, man.

It was great to get that college feel, as in anything can happen. Combined with the OS sliders - this could really take the game to another level. Saw some of the best blocking I've ever seen.

I'll try to sneak in a full game today, but this is a solid find, Jbrew
Dude you know I supported your work for so long. I loved the things you sliders did for game play but something was going on with the CPU. Once I turned fatigue off I saw the game we all had been looking for. I played 1 game with your last slider set and it played good and I even posted that this could be applied to your set.

I think this does a few things; the CPU plays a complete game, the run game is enhanced, the level of difficulty is improved providing a challenge, you have to play smart for 4 quarters, and human injuries can be increased.

I would love for you and JoshC and Chead to find that game you have worked so hard to create. It is crazy that one little setting was messing things up.
Old 03-14-2015, 12:50 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 0

let me preface this by saying im using the 1978 roster file in play now games so things can be wonky, with 10 minute quarters matt suehy had 44 carries for the cpu midway thru the 4th quarter with default subs.
on 9 minute quarters charles white had 35 carriers for the entire game

may need a combination of fatigue on for a quarter or a half then turn it off to get the most accurate results.
Old 03-14-2015, 01:18 PM   #55
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerfan1969
let me preface this by saying im using the 1978 roster file in play now games so things can be wonky, with 10 minute quarters matt suehy had 44 carries for the cpu midway thru the 4th quarter with default subs.
on 9 minute quarters charles white had 35 carriers for the entire game

may need a combination of fatigue on for a quarter or a half then turn it off to get the most accurate results.
What ever works for you. I have never seen a team give the ball to one guy that much. Most I have seen is 35 and that was just once deep into a dynasty where it was all EA created players. I play on 8 minute quarters to limit the number of plays but yards are still in normal range for me. Most games a good rushing team will get 150-250 team yards while a good passing QB will go over 300.

On a side note the one game where the CPU back got 35 carries. They had a 99 overall back, a 3rd string QB that was a 71, and the were a run heavy team. Even with 35 carries he had 142 yards, but 4 scores.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2015, 09:59 PM   #56
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
Dude you know I supported your work for so long. I loved the things you sliders did for game play but something was going on with the CPU. Once I turned fatigue off I saw the game we all had been looking for. I played 1 game with your last slider set and it played good and I even posted that this could be applied to your set.

I think this does a few things; the CPU plays a complete game, the run game is enhanced, the level of difficulty is improved providing a challenge, you have to play smart for 4 quarters, and human injuries can be increased.

I would love for you and JoshC and Chead to find that game you have worked so hard to create. It is crazy that one little setting was messing things up.
And here I thought this was just another slider thread

This is a fascinating find....just read through it tonight (I have been dealing with work issues and playing M15 in my spare time, so I haven't touched this game in a while).

Well, I am going to play with autosubs, so I went ahead and maxed-out sub frequency to 85 to see what happens.

Time to start a new dynasty

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »