Home

VTHokie Heisman Slider Set

This is a discussion on VTHokie Heisman Slider Set within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2016, 09:21 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
VTHokie Heisman Slider Set for Play Now & Dynasty Mode

I’ve been using JoshC’s and J-Kits’ sliders for a while now and I definitely had some good games with them but they weren’t exactly what I wanted. Thanks to JoshC and J-Kits, I was able to base my own sliders from a mixture of the two slider sets with a few tweaks of my own. With the combination of these three variables, I believe that I have created a nice blend for fun and often, realistic games on NCAA. Although these sliders are set up for my own personal preference, I would really enjoy if everyone could test them out and give me some feedback!

NOTE: I’ve mostly only used these sliders in Play Now mode but have also played a few games in Dynasty mode and they still seem to work great!

Offensive skill: Heisman
Defensive difficulty: Heisman
Game speed: Normal
Threshold: 47
Home Field Advantage: Off

Quarter length: 8-10 minutes (I prefer 8 mins because 10 mins felt too long at times , but I’m still trying to decide on a definitive time)

Slider:..............................HUM/CPU
QB accuracy…………….......... 5/15
Pass blocking…………........... 0/50
WR catching……................... 0/45
RB ability………...............… 10/100 (the RB will be slow at the beginning of the game but give them time and they'll eventually speed up)
Run blocking………….........… 5/35
Pass coverage………........... 30/35
Interceptions……............… 40/40
Rush defense………..........… 65/90
Tackling……………..........….. 25/25
FG power……...................… 40/45
FG accuracy………..........….… 0/40
Punting power……..........…. 45/45
Punting accuracy…….........… 0/40
Kickoff power……..….......… 45/45

Penalties:
Offside............................ 75
False start………………….. 50
Holding……………………… 50
Facemask…………………… 58
Off PI………………………… 99
Def PI…………………………. 98
KR/PR Interf………………. 60
Clipping……………………… 50
Intent grounding…………. 50
Roughing passer………….. 53
Roughing kicker…………… 50

Auto Subs thanks to JoshC

Out/In

QB 0/1
RB 59/70
WR 64/65
FB/TE 35/36
OL 0/1

DT 84/85
DE 84/85
LB 0/1
CB 0/1
S 0/1

Last edited by VTHokie525; 12-18-2016 at 11:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2016, 02:46 PM   #2
Rookie

Luca_Blight's Arena

Re: VTHokie Heisman Slider Set

I'm going to give these a try in play now {ohio state vs michigan} with this years rosters. I'm used to playing on All American difficulty.. so these are deff going to be challenging for me lol.

Anyway, do you play with Home field advantage on or off?

Thanks
Old 12-18-2016, 04:44 PM   #3
Rookie

Luca_Blight's Arena

Ohio st [me] 21 vs Michigan 36

I really like these sliders so far. I need to work on my passing game though, and throw the ball away when no one is open. I threw 4 INT's. 3 of them was my fault, the other INT was over thrown. Michigan 16 for 25 241 yards 2 TD's. Ohio state 12 for 25 132 yards.

The running game felt pretty good for both me and the CPU. Michigan had 32 rushes for 157 yards. Ohio st had 43 for 151 yards.

I'm going to try these out with different teams and do a couple of test dynasties.
Old 12-18-2016, 04:54 PM   #4
Pro

Thanks for trying these out man! And that's my bad, I forgot to post about the HFA but I have it off as of right now. I'm actually pretty frustrated because I played a few games today and the results were pretty bad...so I'm questioning if I need to change some things. Why did you decide to play it on All American? Just curious...

Last edited by VTHokie525; 12-18-2016 at 05:22 PM.
Old 12-18-2016, 06:29 PM   #5
Rookie

Luca_Blight's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokie525
Thanks for trying these out man! And that's my bad, I forgot to post about the HFA but I have it off as of right now. I'm actually pretty frustrated because I played a few games today and the results were pretty bad...so I'm questioning if I need to change some things. Why did you decide to play it on All American? Just curious...
No problem dude :] Yeah i figured you played with HFA off.

Nah i played your sliders on heisman just like you posted. I meant i was using a different set before that was all american. But AA is getting too easy for me.

I actually like what you have going for this set so far. the only thing i'm having a problem with is getting my passing game going. I think i might use these sliders as a base set, then adjust from there. Im on ps3 using vikefan's roster by the way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2016, 11:09 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca_Blight
No problem dude :] Yeah i figured you played with HFA off.

Nah i played your sliders on heisman just like you posted. I meant i was using a different set before that was all american. But AA is getting too easy for me.

I actually like what you have going for this set so far. the only thing i'm having a problem with is getting my passing game going. I think i might use these sliders as a base set, then adjust from there. Im on ps3 using vikefan's roster by the way.
Oh okay, I misread your post but I'm glad you like them. Definitely let me know if you have any suggestions on what to change because there's so many different factors that can affect the gameplay. I really wish I had a chance to sit down and do some thorough testings, but I never have the time as a student...
Old 12-19-2016, 04:51 PM   #7
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: VTHokie Heisman Slider Set for Play Now & Dynasty Mode

FWIW...I now recommend use of default autosubs due to their impact on gameplay...but if they work for you as is, by all means keep them.
Old 12-19-2016, 05:06 PM   #8
Pro

Re: VTHokie Heisman Slider Set for Play Now & Dynasty Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
FWIW...I now recommend use of default autosubs due to their impact on gameplay...but if they work for you as is, by all means keep them.
How exactly do they impact the gameplay? I'm really wanting to learn as much as I can about this game by working through the different slider settings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »