Home

Can anyone recommend a set of sliders for 5 minute quarters?

This is a discussion on Can anyone recommend a set of sliders for 5 minute quarters? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2004, 06:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Can anyone recommend a set of sliders for 5 minute quarters?

Can anyone recommend a set of sliders that work well with 5 minute quarters?
I like what I see with these sliders that people have worked on, and I appreciate all of your effort!
Does anyone here play 5 minute quarters, too?

Thanks!

RawLo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2004, 06:16 PM   #2
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Can anyone recommend a set of sliders for 5 minute quarters?

I'm in the same boat, and would LOVE to have some sliders for 5 minute quarters. I feel I have wayyy too much offense when I play any high minutes than this.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:29 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Same here. I'm not trying to sit and play an hour and a half game. Espescially when the fellas come over. We like to play a few games, so we keep it short. Also, I can move through my dynasty quicker. I play a few seasons with one team and then move to another. I like to play 2 or 3 games a session and with 10-12 min, it's just too long. There are like 20 different sliders for 10-12 min. I think we've got that base covered. Can someone put together something for us 5 minute quarter players?
Old 09-16-2004, 08:37 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
Talking Re: Can anyone recommend a set of sliders for 5 minute quarters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butafinguz
Same here. I'm not trying to sit and play an hour and a half game. Espescially when the fellas come over. We like to play a few games, so we keep it short. Also, I can move through my dynasty quicker. I play a few seasons with one team and then move to another. I like to play 2 or 3 games a session and with 10-12 min, it's just too long. There are like 20 different sliders for 10-12 min. I think we've got that base covered. Can someone put together something for us 5 minute quarter players?
either that, or if someone here uses any of the sliders with 5 minute quarters- how does it play? I'm just more concerned about that rather than the stats being totally accurate. In my dynasty, I always have the #1 defense. Every year! And passing is a mutha.... I just need to address those issues, make it a little more balanced.

Thanks again,

San Diego RawLo
Old 09-17-2004, 09:14 AM   #5
All Star

JohnnytheSkin's Arena

OVR: 33

I play six minute quarters with Jistic's AA sliders and enjoy the game immensely. In order to get more plays, I typically rush my guys to the line (I guess about 60% of the time) but my scores are in the 20's and 30's (or higher if it's a mismatch). I'm sure they'll work for five minute games...personally I don't think quarter length really matters all that much when using sliders. Sliders just affect the gameplay, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2004, 10:30 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawLo
either that, or if someone here uses any of the sliders with 5 minute quarters- how does it play? I'm just more concerned about that rather than the stats being totally accurate. In my dynasty, I always have the #1 defense. Every year! And passing is a mutha.... I just need to address those issues, make it a little more balanced.

Thanks again,

San Diego RawLo
EA needs to make it so that all teams play the same length game during the dynasty. If I'm playing 5 minute quarters, all the other teams should be playing 5 minute quarters. This way, everyone is on the same page and the stats and ratings will more accurately reflect how well each team is playing.
Old 09-17-2004, 10:37 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnytheSkin
...personally I don't think quarter length really matters all that much when using sliders. Sliders just affect the gameplay, right?
The slider settings will make it easier or more difficult to score and move the ball. Using them in conjunction with quarter length, you can get pretty realistic stats. It’s why you can play a 12 minute quarter game and have scores of 28-35 as opposed to 106-98.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »