Home

Playing without Sliders

This is a discussion on Playing without Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2004, 06:16 PM   #1
Rookie

coopgang's Arena

OVR: 2
Playing without Sliders

Has anyone tried playing the game with ALL the sliders turned down to 0, except for maybe Hum and CPU INT and the special teams sliders. Maybe this would truly make the game realistic as the A.I. would have to rely on the player ratings (as flawed as they are) to determine gameplay, I'm tired of getting no pressure with my Ohio St. D-Line (all 80's including two above 87) against teams with O-Linemen rated in the 60s and 70s. I'm also tired of the only way the CPU can have any offense is throwing some 50 yd pass. The CPU QB usually goes 10-30 for 270 yds and 2TD. Has anyone tried playing with no sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2004, 04:43 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Playing without Sliders

I use to play like that actually but the Qb is pretty bad and catching is damn near non-existent. The lowest I would go with any of those is 5.

I use to play with sliders to 0 and 15 minute quarters in Ncaa 2003-04 but 2004 made me change how I was playing because I couldn't play like that for some reason.

I also played madden 2003 the same way 2004 stunk in my opinion but madden 2005 you can go very low with the sliders and still produce good results.
Old 09-24-2004, 05:51 PM   #3
Rookie

coopgang's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Playing without Sliders

Well I've seen your Heisman sliders but I'm kind of leary to use them. Does the CPU have a speed cheat, because the CPU WRs can burn any CB on my team on All-American.

I consider myself a good NCAA player, I have been great in previous versions, but this years version is very unbalanced. I think I have the Human Offense vs. the CPU Defense playing somewhat realistic (although my WRs drop WAY too many passes). But the CPU Offense vs Human Defense is erratic. I can almost live with the shoddy CPU passing game, but the fact that I can't get ANY pressure with my D-Line irks me.

Playing D isn't fun anymore, it's like a crap shoot. I just control the safety to make sure I don't get thrown deep on. I'm just looking for a challenging, YET realistic set of sliders. I'd like to blow out bad teams (most of the time) but play even against teams on my level. Do your sliders provide that?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »