Home

Stadium Sounds freezing my game

This is a discussion on Stadium Sounds freezing my game within the NCAA Football Stadium Sounds forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Stadium Sounds
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2009, 08:38 PM   #9
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Stadium Sounds freezing my game

is there something we're doing or is every ps3 person having this problem?
Old 07-14-2009, 08:57 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 8

I honestly think it's not us...I think others on the PS3 have maybe just not delved into the stadium sounds yet.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:39 PM   #11
Rookie

Hipster-Doofus's Arena

OVR: 4

Yeah same thing is happening to me, but in a different way. I don't seem to have a problem picking my stadium sounds, however when I'm actually "in-game" my game freezes if I have stadium sounds enabled. I erased all my sounds, played a game and no problem.

I'm assuming you guys are all PS3 users
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 11:31 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't know if this helps or not but I had the same problem. I think the game has an issue "queing" the mp3 file to be played. I keep custom sounds on my hard drive for 30-35 teams. I backed up my sounds and just kept my sounds for my favorite team. Just having those 20 or so mp3's on the ps3 the game didn't have a problem. Maybe we can hope for a patch or something.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:58 PM   #13
Rookie

Hipster-Doofus's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RammerJammer1221
I don't know if this helps or not but I had the same problem. I think the game has an issue "queing" the mp3 file to be played. I keep custom sounds on my hard drive for 30-35 teams. I backed up my sounds and just kept my sounds for my favorite team. Just having those 20 or so mp3's on the ps3 the game didn't have a problem. Maybe we can hope for a patch or something.

Well I have at the most, 50 MP3's on my PS3. And when I make Custom Stadium Sounds, I only make them for the team I am using in Dynasty Mode. So At the most I have 20 or how ever many stadium sounds it lets me make. So if thats what you were saying then That didn't seem to helpe me.

If i'm misunderstand you please feel free to let me know ASAP. You saying you only make the stadium sounds for "your team" and none others? But still have stadium sounds for 30 or so teams on your HD?
Old 07-15-2009, 01:25 AM   #14
Pro

BlackLightning3's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm having the same problem too. Mine freezes as soon as I pick a song to use for my 1st stadium sound. I think he means having alot of mp3s on your PS3 will freeze up the game, because I have like 1,000 songs on my PS3 and the game slows down just scrolling thru them to find my stadium sounds.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:58 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster-Doofus
Well I have at the most, 50 MP3's on my PS3. And when I make Custom Stadium Sounds, I only make them for the team I am using in Dynasty Mode. So At the most I have 20 or how ever many stadium sounds it lets me make. So if thats what you were saying then That didn't seem to helpe me.

If i'm misunderstand you please feel free to let me know ASAP. You saying you only make the stadium sounds for "your team" and none others? But still have stadium sounds for 30 or so teams on your HD?
Sorry I wasn't more clear. I had to delete all the mp3's off of my PS3 to get custom stadium sounds to work. I noticed that when I would assign a file to an instance (i.e. Made P.A.T.) if I had to scroll down to the bottom of a long list of files it would make the software freeze. Currently I only have the mp3's on the PS3 that I intend to use for Alabama in a dynasty mode. EA really dropped the ball on this. Try backing up your mp3's onto a flash drive or external hard drive and see if that works for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 07:38 AM   #16
Rookie

BernieWilliams's Arena

OVR: 7

I can confirm the "too many mp3s" theory true. I just moved all of MLB 09 THE SHOW walkup music to my flash drive and then tried it again with success.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Stadium Sounds »