Home

Custom Sounds Way Too Low on PS3

This is a discussion on Custom Sounds Way Too Low on PS3 within the NCAA Football Stadium Sounds forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Stadium Sounds
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2012, 07:22 PM   #17
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21
I did everything suggested; the sounds are significantly lower than my settings on '12, so I made the suggested changes for '13 but they're still low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Custom Sounds Way Too Low on PS3

This has nothing to do with "SETTINGS" and is still a major issue. I'm on a 360 and have the same problem...I can barely hear the sounds.

When I pop NCAA12 in, the exact same sounds are loud and clear but in NCAA13, they are VERY quiet, and that is using the exact same sounds and settings.

This is a game killer for me and I really hope EA patches and fixes this major bug.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:52 PM   #19
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbins
This has nothing to do with "SETTINGS" and is still a major issue. I'm on a 360 and have the same problem...I can barely hear the sounds.

When I pop NCAA12 in, the exact same sounds are loud and clear but in NCAA13, they are VERY quiet, and that is using the exact same sounds and settings.

This is a game killer for me and I really hope EA patches and fixes this major bug.
My sentiments exactly. I already know someone is thinking, "Why do you care about custom sounds, play the game, blah blah blah". But I have custom sounds that are really used at the games of the school I attended, and it adds so much more realism to the game. When you get used to something, you want it, and I'm missing it right now. It's not a deal breaker for me, and I'm not complaining (there's enough of that); I just hope it gets fixed.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #20
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

I'm in the same boat. I've tried several suggestions by people on here but nothing balances out right. So frustrating when in the past everything sounded great.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 08-03-2012, 02:13 AM   #21
OS Supporter

BOSKY!'s Arena

OVR: 7

One option is to up the volume in your selected MP3 files using Audacity, a free audio editing software. It's really easy and quick to do.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Open Audacity.

Go to File, then Inport and select Audio (or hotkey it with CTRL+SHFT+I) and select the song.

Then click anywhere on the song, go to Effects and select Amplify and choose how loud you want it. 4.0 - 7.0 seems to work just fine and sounds better in the game. Anything past that gets distorted.

Then File and Export back to your file and put it back on your PS3 or 360. It only saves as a .wav file which is fine but if you must have an MP3 just download Format Factory and convert .wav to MP3.

http://download.cnet.com/FormatFacto...-10968547.html

I know that's the long way, but do you really think EA is going to fix this issue?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2012, 03:06 PM   #22
Rookie

SpergLordStuntn's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:

it really ruins the atmosphere of the game
Old 08-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #23
Rookie

pants_face's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSKY!
One option is to up the volume in your selected MP3 files using Audacity, a free audio editing software. It's really easy and quick to do.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Open Audacity.

Go to File, then Inport and select Audio (or hotkey it with CTRL+SHFT+I) and select the song.

Then click anywhere on the song, go to Effects and select Amplify and choose how loud you want it. 4.0 - 7.0 seems to work just fine and sounds better in the game. Anything past that gets distorted.

Then File and Export back to your file and put it back on your PS3 or 360. It only saves as a .wav file which is fine but if you must have an MP3 just download Format Factory and convert .wav to MP3.

http://download.cnet.com/FormatFacto...-10968547.html

I know that's the long way, but do you really think EA is going to fix this issue?
Thanks for the idea! This was a perfect fix for my custom sounds.
-

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Stadium Sounds »