Home

A Few Collections Questions

This is a discussion on A Few Collections Questions within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2014, 03:17 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: A Few Collections Questions

Charles = No. Period. Just ignore that collection. And I'm a UT alum...

Ginn is worth it for kickoffs. Have played 180+ games in NFUT, used several returners and have taken maybe 7-10 to the house. Ginn has gotten all but two of em (Mathieu and Sproles). DJax has very close ratings (and is a lot higher in any category that isn't speed-related) but those are huge for bustin one off. Ginn's SPD-AGI-ACC are 99-95-98. Djax: 98-92-96

I just got Spiller, tho, and he's 98-96-99, so may try him out, b/c even tho Ginn has never fumbled for me, he's def due, b/c his CAR (71) is lower than a lot of my CBs lol. And Ginn can't break a tackle to save his life. He would have about twice as many TDs if he could truck a freakin kicker lol...

He's also a decent 5th receiver slot guy in 5wr sets, but that's the only other use i have for him. BUT I've played against a decent amount of ppl who have managed to use him as a deep threat. I have a great secondary, and he's torched me in a few games, even catching "well-contested, toes barely in bounds" 40-50 yd wheel routes...I just havent been able to get that outta him. But there are definitely those that have!

Btw, i have quite a few OSU coll cards, so if ur on ps3, hmu and I'll help where i can. username: earlfister

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-2014, 03:23 PM   #10
Rookie

Ginn is still my prime return man and 5th receiver, totally worth it even though you cant sell him, hes solid and if used correctly hes a great receiver. I wouldn't do the texas one unless you got everyone for dirt cheap. Nebraska fullback is the best in the game and worth it too. You can get a lot of collections done pretty cheap if you patient and watch the AH.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:27 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

I like Woodson with 98 spd 98 agi and 99 acc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2014, 03:30 PM   #12
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brevinb
I like Woodson with 98 spd 98 agi and 99 acc
That has nothing to do with this thread...

Mackovicka is a great FB, at least depending upon what I've played against. I have around half the collection and want to do the rest eventually, now that I have coins and I'm satisfied with my team for the time being. But just remember that Floyd and Schmitt are just as good for a lower price..
Old 02-11-2014, 03:31 PM   #13
Rookie

Also, Mackovicka is def better all around than Hillis, but neither of them are THAT MUCH better than Schmitt to be worth the cost of the collection if you gotta shell out a lot for the rares in them...but I've actually sold both of them and miss them a little lol. Mack is like having a bulldozer in front of your RB and he has rly high ACC for a FB, so u dont run into his back as much as some...he also is the surest thing for a 4th and inches on the game...ALWAYS falls forward.

Hillis I liked to use as an actual HB sub occasionally to change the pace and get a little more of a power run style (he rly isn't a true FB--in real life or on the game--so I didn't depend on his blocking a lot...

Old 02-11-2014, 03:33 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyekid
Ginn was my best return man. He was 99 speed and pretty close when it came to acceleration. I did the collection for pretty cheap. A lot cheaper than some of the other collections. His biggest knock, IIRC, is that his catch and catch in traffic is low. I still used him as a 4th receiver and sometimes as a 3rd.

I don't know if Charles is worth it, but I would guess no unless you love Texas. Remember you can't resell some of these TCs, Ginn and Charles included. There are probably a ton of cards similar or better than Charles for the same or cheaper price tag, plus the ability to resell.
Whats "IIRC"? Lol

Old 02-11-2014, 03:36 PM   #15
Rookie

Syxxpac78's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vthokie2008
Ginn is still my prime return man and 5th receiver, totally worth it even though you cant sell him, hes solid and if used correctly hes a great receiver. I wouldn't do the texas one unless you got everyone for dirt cheap. Nebraska fullback is the best in the game and worth it too. You can get a lot of collections done pretty cheap if you patient and watch the AH.

Agreed that Texas, LSU, Miami not worth doing since they're non auction able players with lower overall's. The silvers and golds still sell so worth dumping them on the AH to make some coin and get them off your hands. I'm not doing the Penn State, Auburn, Oklahoma, or California collection either as I already have better players at those positions on my team and the resale value is less than the collection costs. I'm doing the Stanford one cause Luck actually has some decent speed on him and I had a lot of them to begin with so if I pull the cards I need great, but I'm not going to buy them.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »