Home

My Wishlist for NCAA 2011

This is a discussion on My Wishlist for NCAA 2011 within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2009, 02:00 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
My Wishlist for NCAA 2011

Hello everybody. I have played countless game of NCAA 2010. I would say at least around 500 with 350 being with ym favorite team, the Miami Hurricanes. The only reason I mention that is because I wanted you all to know I have played my fair share of games and I am not complaining because I played 3 games online and lost.

1) Presentation Presentation is just about the most important thing to me when it comes to sports games. I really really hope the NCAA Football team tries to match the level of NCAA Basketball. I would be fine if we only had one network, as long as the graphics and commentary were all 100% correct and were present a lot. I want to see graphics every stoppage there is. I want the layout to match ESPN. You get the point.

I would really like two networks though. That would make the game just that much better. Maybe ESPN, CBS or ESPN, ABC or whoever else I am forgetting(Minds foggy right now). The two network thing in NCAA Basketball is bringing me over from College Hoops 2k8. I would imagine it is bringing others over too. EA needs to realize that and try hard to get it into their game.

2) Physics and Momentum Nothing makes me more frustrated than to see players turning on a dime or seeing DBs jumping up, swatting the ball away, then doing a 180 in mid air to tackle a defenseless WR. EA needs to at least match what Madden did this year. Madden did not get the physics and momentum down to the point of amazement. But it did a good job of representing real life. I see some weird things here and there, but overall Madden has done a good job this year P and M wise(Physics and Momentum) If NCAA 2011 matched what Madden did this year with P and M, then I would think many people would be happy with the core gameplay.

3) Atmosphere I see this brought up all the time and I agree. The atmosphere in NCAA Football on next-gen is very lacking. The crowds don't seem alive and really have little impact. I know crowds are more a basketball thing, but they are still major factors. I want to see and hear the crowd in NCAA 2011. If a young team comes into my stadium and I pump them up with some nice plays, then I want that team to start making mistakes. More penalties. Plays are getting messed up as WR's run different routes then what you thought. Blockers block the wrong guys. Blitzers aren't picked up. I want the crowd to really affect both teams be it positive or negative.

I also want to see authentic entrances. The Miami smoke, Clemson's rock, etc. Little things like that add up. If you had the players run out and touch Howard's Rock while the announcers talk about why they do it, and why it started, etc. all while ESPN layouts were being presented. Then the game would feel awesome and realistic. I would feel like my dynasty was real life if I saw that. It would have to be done right though and not half-assed. And I would want it to happen with many teams, not just major teams like Miami, VA Tech, USC, Notre Dame, etc.

4) Out of Game I want to see weekly recap shows in my dynasty. I want the newspapers to be improved and maybe have ESPN radio instead in the game. Imagine ESPN presentation in game and then having ESPN radio out of the game while you are recruiting or doing other out of game things like scheduling what your team should do in practice(see later). That would just add more immersion to the game along with all the other things mentioned in this post.

Practices are a big part of football. Let us schedule them. If I want my players to get a small boost in run blocking because I am facing a top 5 defensive line next game, then let me spend 80% of my available time on run blocking that practice. But add a downside like more risk of injury in practice and in game. Make my lineman more fatigued. Make practice have ups and downs. practice too much and players will come into game tired and injury prone. Not enough practice and players won't have good chemistry and will make more mistakes.

These were just a few thing I could think of off the top of my head. I am tired so there might be mistakes and confusion in this post. Please forgive me if there are. These are not in order also. Please leave feedback and add your own ideas in a mature manner.

Thanks

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »