Home

TeamBuilder 13 Wishlist

This is a discussion on TeamBuilder 13 Wishlist within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 21
TeamBuilder 13 Wishlist

One of the greatest letdowns this season was how little attention TeamBuilder got. That is, none. So, here's my wishlist for the 2013 edition.

Helmets
1. Gloss, Matte, Metallic:
I would love the ability to give each helmet a different finish. Whether it were the typical glossy finish, the matte finish (Arizona State, Va Tech Pro Combat) or metallic flake. I especially would want metallic flake added as the normal teams' silver helmets look gorgeous this year, while trying to replicate that in TB just doesn't work.

2. Logo Placement: I'd like to be able to choose from a few spots to place logos. If it can't be the ability to place logos anywhere (which would probably be the case since what's on TB doesn't always represent what's in the game), then I'd like to at least be able to choose between the two sides, and the front and back so I could accurately make the Dartmouth helmet or these Wisconsin throwbacks.

3. The little things: I'd like to see numbers on the back of helmets as in real life along with the flag and anything else I can't think of.

4. More Striping Options, duh: It's pretty obvious what I'm asking for. I'd really love to see them add the Philadelphia Eagles wings and Bengals stripes, but EA seems to want to avoid anything too NFL-like. If nothing else, how about the old wings Rice used to have?

Jerseys
1. Alternates: Instead of giving us two white jerseys, I'd like it if we were given the choice to make the alternate one a third dark jersey. Most people don't really do anything with the secondary white jersey so this would be nice.

2. Non-White Aways: I'd like to let my team use gold or silver jerseys on the road. If you were worried about somebody using too dark a color you could just restrict the jerseys to be specific color swatches. Like maybe you can use the gray used by Ole Miss or Colorado State's gold away color and even have a few select other colors chosen to be selected from.

3. Manufacturer Logos: Give us the ability to make our team outfitted by Nike, Adidas, UnderArmour, or Russell or whoever. Then, at the jersey edit screen we could place a manufacturer logo and choose its color from our logo colors or the swatches or a custom color from the color wheel. It's one of those small things that'll help make teams look less like they were made on the internet.

4. Logos on the Back: A lot of team lately are using logos either above their nameplates or use a logo in place of it.

5. Numbers: I'd like to see more number fonts than standard, college, and italic. I would also like to be able to make the numbers on the shoulder and sleeves a different color from the ones on the front and back.

6. More Jerseys: Pretty self explanatory. It's frustrating that we're in year 3 with no new templates.

7. Jersey Text: More fonts, make the text look decent on the site, and also allow words to be longer. There's no reason that you shouldn't be able to make the chest text as long as the name of your school.

Pants
1. A Third Option: Just need some more pants. No need to explain.

2. More Pants Styles: Again, easy to understand

3. Manufacturer Logos: Same as with the jerseys.

Fields
1. Endzone Text: The text field for endzones is too small. There's literally no reason for it to be so small. If you want, you can make the text bigger with a bit of a workaround so that instead of having "Sherwood Ar" you can have "Sherwood Archers." Now, it's great that we can do a somewhat easy workaround, but why should we have to?

2. Endzone Designs: Why can't I choose old school slashes or a checkerboard design or put my team logos in the endzones?

3. Dumb Colored Fields: Some people inexplicably think colored fields aren't a nightmare to look at. Throw these goofballs a bone and let them make a really dumb purple field or a neon yellow one. Just whatever. Heck, let them make it even dumber by make it orange and blue alternating. Blind us all.

4. Logo Size: It's kind of frustrating that logos and can't be larger. I want to make a giant midfield logo that's essentially the football equivalent of Kansas' giant midcourt Jayhawk.

Can't think of anything else at the moment. Feel free to add on some more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 01:35 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: TeamBuilder 13 Wishlist

I agree with all of those i would also like the ability to just add an additional uniform(s) to a team so that when a team wears a pro combat we can at least make an attempt at making them or for instance this year with michigan and notre dame's under the lights uniforms or just release updates with these uniforms you know people will pay for them
Old 07-16-2011, 03:09 PM   #3
Pro

Something I forgot

Equipment
1. Socks and Shoes: We need to be able to choose the type of shoes (UnderArmour, Adidas, or Nike) and also be able to use team colors on them.

For socks we need to be able to have pro style socks whether it's something simple or old-school stripes like the Chiefs have. And obviously, let us put team colors on them.

2. Allow Us to Choose Team Color Equipment: It was really frustrating this season that in RTG I couldn't choose team colored sleeves or gloves because I was using a TeamBuilder team. Yet, when I was on the field, there was a player on my team with gold gloves and gold sleeves just to make it all the more frustrating. It simply makes no sense that we're not allowed to choose team colored equipment for a players, but that some guys will have it by default.

3. Editing Equipment: Allow us to pick what type of equipment our players will wear from the TB site. We can't edit TB teams' equipment, except for within dynasty, so why not let us just do it online? Or better yet, just let us do it offline

Also, not really TB related, but could we please get some Adidas visors and Adidas and UnderArmour gloves? It's not like I have a problem with Nike, I just want colored gloves without making my Adidas or UnderArmour outfitted team looking kind of silly.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:02 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 39

How about the option to simply add an alternate helmet or uniform to an existing team in the game.

Example: I want to add the white ProCombat helmet to Florida's set, but I currently have to recreate UF and can not use all of their combos (limited to the teambuilder slots).

Instead, have it where I can just choose the entire UF set and its current roster/everything and ADD an alternate such as the white helmet.

Great list btw Noble. I think this should be stickied.

Last edited by sportzbro; 07-17-2011 at 04:04 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:06 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
How about the option to simply add an alternate helmet or uniform to an existing team in the game.

Example: I want to add the white ProCombat helmet to Florida's set, but I currently have to recreate UF and can not use all of their combos (limited to the teambuilder slots).

Instead, have it where I can just choose the entire UF set and its current roster/everything and ADD an alternate such as the white helmet.

Great list btw Noble. I think this should be stickied.
That would be great. If you make a TB Florida just to have the white helmet you then can't have all of the pants and jerseys they would have available in the game which is frustrating. Plus, if you want names you have to go in and do it yourself on the TB site instead of using the rosters you've already downloaded.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2011, 12:37 PM   #6
Rookie

MillerTE92's Arena

OVR: 2

Its not just TB High Schools that don't let use wear team color sleeves or gloves I used a preset uniform and I couldn't equip team color sleeves or gloves
Old 07-19-2011, 01:55 PM   #7
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
I co-sign everything here and also wish u could make a uniform set and ADD that set to what already exist and NOT have to take anything out. Also can we have 8 uniform sets per team? I feel like we should have at least as many uniforms as Oregon.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »