Home

How lame.

This is a discussion on How lame. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2005, 08:55 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: How lame.

i just pray that they change the recruiting engine. 4 yrs of that basic engine they had is enough.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:58 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
you people are absolutely ridiculous...

probably all the way thru May you'll bash this game....then once release date gets closer, all of a sudden everyone will be saying how incredible it is going to be....then when it arrives the compaints will once again start...(the starting left tackle for Troy State is the wrong height) then, after the it's cool to complain about the game wears off, it'll be Madden time for complaints...it's a never ending vicious cycle...i swear some people can just not be satisfied..

repeat the above for april 2006 and on and on we go.
No, man. This year is the first year i've ever been pessemistic on this generation of consoles and last year was the first year i've ever been dissapointed. I used to get seriously excited from the get go and then wasn't dissapointed with the product. Maybe I'm pessemistic because of how useless last years game was. Now there's an argument
Old 04-13-2005, 09:01 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 11

i thought we were gonna get writeups on how the games played from the people who went to tiburon. All im seeing now is just basically a giant promo by the sites for madden and ncaa 2006.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:26 PM   #20
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bit
i thought we were gonna get writeups on how the games played from the people who went to tiburon. All im seeing now is just basically a giant promo by the sites for madden and ncaa 2006.
That's kind of what I thought too...but it's all based on the passing feature and the heisman gameplay mode. In retrospect, I probably should have had more faith in EA to control their new features from being leaked all at once. They'll build it up like usual up to E3, with the main difference being sites like maddenmania and maddennation being able to give insight on each feature as it's released.

Until interviews are up closer to release, EA is controlling the media. Unless they really make an effort to show their new features line up with our wishlists, we'll have to wait a bit.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:40 PM   #21
MVP

warnerwlf98's Arena

OVR: 11

These features being added to this year's game are good ideas and will work well - ONLY if the fix the key gameplay problems from last year's version.

This year, I'll keep my distance until I have some information on how many drops there are in a game, how many passes the CPU actually completes, and if there can be a short passing game (if the playbook allows it).

-OS Radio Show

(I don't remember who said this but PM me who did say it, and I'll quote him properly)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2005, 10:08 PM   #22
Rookie

sorceri's Arena

OVR: 2

I don't know what to think. I believe that I read in the article that the game would take us directly to the create a player and assume his identity mode directly after loading the game. This is exactly the OPPOSITE feature that I was hoping for. I am a coach-mode fan and enjoy the dynasty aspects of controlling a team rather than individual players. Will we at least be able to call the plays and let the AI control all 22 players like we have been doing? Or is that now eliminated with 2006? Gadzooks if they haven't improved on the game from a coaches perspective then I fear this game won't measure up in the long run.

~ Sad but ever hopeful
Old 04-13-2005, 10:19 PM   #23
MVP

rocker78's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayvis
Madden is also quick to show some graphics updates like the head turning. Admitedly this is an idea they've taken from NCAA, and should have a year ago, but it's something. Nothing different in NCAA; Nothing...........
i thought the crowds looked a little better and they got Georgia Tech's stadium correct. I dont really care about the stadiums that much but it is something.
personally i dont think this new feature looks that good but if they get the cpu to pass the ball and have better playbooks then i think it will again be my favorite game.
mlb- boston redsox
nhl- carolina hurricanes
ncaa- east carolina pirates
Old 04-13-2005, 10:36 PM   #24
Pro

acarrero's Arena

OVR: 10

It's just disapointing that the first thing they give info on is a gimicky mode that has nothing to do with the gameplay. The only thing that's new if you think about it, is the trophy presentation/suspense. At least for Madden they introduced the Vision Passing or whatever it's called, which sounds great and is a major addition to the gameplay. Of course, we already know that NCAA will not include this new feature, because, as always, EA insists on making NCAA an inferior version of their pro title - unlike VC, who don't mind if their college game turns out to be the better of the two.

It's time for a completely new engine, and I don't see it (based on 1 screenshot). It's been the same engine since the introduction of the PS2, with minor tweeks and upgrades over many years. But I'm tired of the same game by now, and some gimicky gamemode (which makes no sense to me) will not make me more eager for this title. It's a shame that EA will have no competition for football. Their best years often happen when they responded to somebody else raising the bar the year before - like when Gameday started using polygons for the first time and EA responded the next year. If you're going to be the only game in town for both pro and college football, step up to the plate and amaze us. It is early, so I haven't lost hope that it may be a good game, but from what their pattern, I have low expectations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »