Home

This game is almost unplayable.....(passing)

This is a discussion on This game is almost unplayable.....(passing) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 08:15 PM   #25
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: This game is almost unplayable.....(passing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
Actually, I have been using YOUR Version 2 sliders all day today, and have gotten some ridiculous games. I beat ECU 82-7 with my 2006 Hokies, even though I struggled to complete 50 percent of my passes (thank god CPU safeties are so incredibly stupid, I was able to eat them alive with screen passes and option runs). I honestly saw a safety stand 8 yards deep in the end zone while I was in the open field with my QB, and the guy didn't even move until my QB had ran 15 yards down the field to the 5 yard line, before the safety finally came up and was easily confused as all hell by a simple juke move.

Underneath passing in this game is next to impossible. If it's not speedy slot receivers gaining zero seperation against linebackers, it's TE's breaking off 5 yard curl routes and leaving the OLB with an easy pick, or defensive ends doing their best Juilius Peppers routine and batting the ball into the air and intercepting it.

I've had this game since July 7th, and every day, the CPU finds some way to piss me off to unimaginable levels. I love seeing 74 rated WR's from Ohio University sky up into the air and pull down passes between 5 defenders, who are all "swatting" at the ball by simply raising their hands up to their damn noses. Hey guys, ever hear of JUMPING? Oh, and then on the next 2 plays, that same WR will drop 2 wide open passes, then catch another 50 yard bomb in between 2 guys.

Rant over. Commence with you "You are just a sucky player" or "If you hate the game, return it." Well, if I could get my damn money back, I would.
If you hate the game, why play it? Is the bigger question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2005, 08:20 PM   #26
MVP

VanillaGorilla's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
If you hate the game, why play it? Is the bigger question.
So I'm just supposed to waste $50 by saying "screw it, I'm done"? I've been trying every damn method imaginable to get some enjoyment out of this heap, but it just ain't working. If this summer wasn't such a wasteland in terms of quality games being released, I would take the damn game over to GameStop and take anything they gave me (they should only be giving people $5 credit or a used copy of GameBreaker 2003, that's all this pile of junk is worth anyways).
Old 07-16-2005, 08:24 PM   #27
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
So I'm just supposed to waste $50 by saying "screw it, I'm done"? I've been trying every damn method imaginable to get some enjoyment out of this heap, but it just ain't working. If this summer wasn't such a wasteland in terms of quality games being released, I would take the damn game over to GameStop and take anything they gave me (they should only be giving people $5 credit or a used copy of GameBreaker 2003, that's all this pile of junk is worth anyways).
Hmm... I hope I never get to the point, where I have nothing better to do than to spend so much time playing a game I hate, or spend so much time doing anything I hate.

I guess, I'll just be grateful I have a life.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:26 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 15

My offer still stands. I'm still willing to dupe off my copy with the magical working passing game. I'm such a nice guy that I'll even pay for your shipping.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:28 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Honestly, I'm feeling kinda like this guy right about now. I'm frustrated with the game. When I first started with AA's Heisman sliders, I loved them. I thought Heisman was actually playable this year. Now, i'm sick and tired of seeing the cpu BS each and every game. I've grown tired of having to try to outscore my opponent because my DBs are 5 steps slower than the AI receivers which allows numerous big plays. I just switched to Jistic's sliders and killed East Carolina in my So Miss dynasty. Now i'm not giving up because I want to see how it goes against a better team. However, I don't think these guys are trying to diss the game, it can be frustrating trying to find balance of not having it be too easy and having it too hard to where it's unplayable.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 07-16-2005, 08:28 PM   #30
MVP

VanillaGorilla's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Hmm... I hope I never get to the point, where I have nothing better to do than to spend so much time playing a game I hate, or spend so much time doing anything I hate.

I guess, I'll just be grateful I have a life.
Ooooh, the old "I have a life, you don't" garbage. Boy, that one never gets old. Seriously, it doesn't. It's such a fresh comment too, it's like you have your finger on the pulse of modern day insults. I guess all these other people, especially the ones who play the game enough to CREATE SLIDERS FOR THEM, are just losers with no lives too, eh? Then I guess you're calling about 85% of the people on these boards losers.

Attention Operation Sports Forumites. If you've played this game for a while, and you're user name isn't bkrich83, you are a loser, and should just kill yourself right now and save everyone the trouble of reading your pathetic posts.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:29 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 10

The things that bother me is that when their reciever goes deep, hell almost always catch the ball. When my guy goes up, its sometimes a pick, int, or if luckily, caught.

I agree with what has already been stated, whenever you pass over the middle, you have to pray that the ball isnt going to be picked off. But this game is still much better than last years.

Rams NFL Championships :

"
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2005, 08:33 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Attention Operation Sports Forumites. If you've played this game for a while, and you're user name isn't bkrich83, you are a loser, and should just kill yourself right now and save everyone the trouble of reading your pathetic posts.

Rams NFL Championships :

"
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »