Home

Split national titles in Dynasty?

This is a discussion on Split national titles in Dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2005, 04:37 PM   #1
PGH for GTA VI

spacefunk's Arena

OVR: 13
Split national titles in Dynasty?

Ever seen one? I'm currently 11-0 with one more regular season game. I'm ranked first in both offense and defense and the only other undefeated team is USC, who's first in the bowl rankings. But I, as Pitt, am only tenth because I have an abysmal strength of schedule. I do have a handful of first place votes in the polls though. Chances are I won't go to the National Championship game. But if I win my bowl game and USC loses, could there be a split between me and whoever beats USC or will the game just automatically give it to them?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2005, 04:39 PM   #2
Pro

APD0290's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Split national titles in Dynasty?

I've seen split national titles in NCAA 2005, but haven't ever had the situation come up in this years game yet.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:39 PM   #3
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

It will give it to the winner, because you wont be #1 in the polls, I'm assuming, like USC was in their split-NC year.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:42 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yes you can have a split national championship in this years game. I had it happen once when I was simulating some seasons.

Unfortunately you can't win a National Championship Trophy without winning the National Championship game. But you can finish #1 in the Media Poll.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:19 PM   #5
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchwartz
Yes you can have a split national championship in this years game. I had it happen once when I was simulating some seasons.

Unfortunately you can't win a National Championship Trophy without winning the National Championship game. But you can finish #1 in the Media Poll.

This just happened in my dynasty. Alabama won the National Championship game but Miami finished first in the media poll. The Sports Illustrated cover said something about Alabama was the "disputed" national champ. The BCS doesn't even work in video games either. Pretty funny.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2005, 05:42 PM   #6
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baughn3
This just happened in my dynasty. Alabama won the National Championship game but Miami finished first in the media poll. The Sports Illustrated cover said something about Alabama was the "disputed" national champ. The BCS doesn't even work in video games either. Pretty funny.
It just proves how realistic this game is.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:30 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 12

i never knew there could be split national titles in any ncaa game. that is pretty cool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »