Home

The Bottom Line....

This is a discussion on The Bottom Line.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2005, 01:02 PM   #1
Rookie

Jerpitcher's Arena

OVR: 3
The Bottom Line....

Hey guys, I have been reading all kinds of stuff about this game, the overblown dynasty stats and all the other "glitches" and that kinda jazz. I have NCAA 2003, and that was a solid game in my opinion, I've played it since then. I was just wondering, in everyone's opinion, if this game is a worthwhile upgrade. Alrighty, thanks in advance to all who respond!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2005, 01:44 PM   #2
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: The Bottom Line....

From 2003 I'd say it's a pretty decent upgrade. I was actually playing '03 this past winter and there's definately a big upgrade. Even if you don't wanna buy '06, I'd suggest '04 if you're looking for something new.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-09-2005, 01:47 PM   #3
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I think it's a huge upgrade over '03. There's definitely a lot more defense played. Plus, home field advantage, the recruiting is done better, you get in season progression, tighter defense, the SI feature. I dunno, I liked '03 a whole lot and probably played almost 15 full seasons, but I think '06 is the better game.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:48 PM   #4
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Oh yeah and I forgot to mention, the 70 man roster (as opposed to 55 man roster in '03) is HUGE. I remember having to constantly cut blue chippers because I didn't have enough room on my roster. In '06, if I have to cut anyone at all, it's usually 1 or 2 guys and I can weed out the scrub guys who never panned out.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:42 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

I feel obliged to reply to this as I also had NCAA 2003 and didnt bother buying 2004 or 2005..but I have bought NCAA 2006. Was it worth it? Absolutely. Even EA manages to upgrade games in 3 years. Its still the same game to a degree (i.e. the same engine) but it looks much better, plays a bit better and has more features.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2005, 02:55 PM   #6
Rookie

RDMercer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerpitcher
Hey guys, I have been reading all kinds of stuff about this game, the overblown dynasty stats and all the other "glitches" and that kinda jazz. I have NCAA 2003, and that was a solid game in my opinion, I've played it since then. I was just wondering, in everyone's opinion, if this game is a worthwhile upgrade. Alrighty, thanks in advance to all who respond!
You know...I was really excited about 06, I played the mess out of it for the first week or so, but to me that game is UNPLAYABLE unless you have the right sliders...I HATE THE MIRACLE LEAPING ABILITY OF THE LB's and DB's...take that will HFA and it can make it almost impossable to throw touch passes...

...also...HB Direct, messed up Dynasty stat tracking, etc, etc...Yes it does have a MUCH BETTER presentation, the stadium upgrades are VERY NICE, and the game overall is more polished...but in the end its all about gameplay...

In comparison I do like it better than 05...the running is much smoother...but to me and this is JMHO...04 was the best in the series so far...I bought it again used a few monthes ago for like $11...
Old 08-09-2005, 03:50 PM   #7
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

I think 2006 is the best of the series, edging out 2004 IMO.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:57 PM   #8
Rookie

TurboVol's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
I think 2006 is the best of the series, edging out 2004 IMO.
I agree, though its close.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »