Home

An idea (input needed)

This is a discussion on An idea (input needed) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2005, 12:48 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
An idea (input needed)

I was thinking about running another Dynasty and then going into the Rosters and editing some of the players on that team to be from Permian Panthers from the movie Friday Night Lights...like Mike Winchell, Boobie Miles, etc etc. Does anyone have advice on what team I should roll with..obviously a team from TEXAS but which one?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2005, 01:03 AM   #2
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: An idea (input needed)

Why dont you just create a team? If not go with either Baylor, TX Tech or North Texas. May not be the right colors but TT is the closet geographically to where Odessa is
Old 08-21-2005, 02:43 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak
Why dont you just create a team? If not go with either Baylor, TX Tech or North Texas. May not be the right colors but TT is the closet geographically to where Odessa is
If Baylor was gone. Would anyone notice?
Old 08-21-2005, 02:47 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The C
If Baylor was gone. Would anyone notice?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I thought about going with Baylor..but they are gay.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:18 PM   #5
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Didn't Winchell go to Baylor?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2005, 06:15 PM   #6
Rookie

LOL...so i created a "Permian" type of team. I don't know what it is but I've become in enthralled with this West Texas football tradition the last week or so. I say the movie a few months ago and it gained instant classic status. Then I started reading the book and was intrigued by this tradition even more. Now I'm back on the net and looking up all this history..it's awesome. I was in El Paso in June but it was strictly business like EPMD so I couldn't check out some the stuff I wanted. Hopefully one of these days I'll get to catch a game down in Odessa.

I'm from Indiana and we take our basktball seriously.I was a 2nd team all state small forward and wasn't treated with the same hero like status the back up tailback gets for Permian..it's nothing like West Texas football. Crazy ish. I would of given my right leg to play in an atmosphere like that.

So I created the team Odessa U. it's pretty funny. I made them a "Smash Mouth" team and put them in the Big 12 replacing Baylor.

What do I get? a 99 rated bocking FB. A stable of adequate tailbacks but nothing spectacular. some piss poor QB's rated in the high 60's and a few play makers on defense. Again nothing special. So I sim the first year because my team was just to slow to compete in the Big 12. I landed a 5 star RB, 5 star CB, 4 star QB, a blazing wide out and 3 very solid linebacks. Very happy with the class. But they are very very RAW. The QB is shakey at best and my RB seems to be lacking the break tackle skills I'm used to. I was previously running a Dynasty with San Diego St. and their RB is a S T U D.

Anyways..it should be pretty fun. I got the UNIFORMS pretty much accurate as I possibly could and made a pretty cool stadium.

The first game I played TCU and won 34-24. It was a defensive slug fest that turned into an offensive shootout in the 2nd half.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »