Home

Are you worried about NCAA Football - Next-gen?

This is a discussion on Are you worried about NCAA Football - Next-gen? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2005, 08:50 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Are you worried about NCAA Football - Next-gen?

There's no reason to worry at all considering two completely different dev teams work on each game. Not only that but NCAA has had way more dev time (in addition to better programmers IMO)

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 12-11-2005, 09:57 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 19

I will be happy as long as they dont force that D@mn passing cone deal on the NCAA game.......I dont like it in madden and turned it off....but as far as I know you cant turn it off durring online play......that = me only playing 1 game online with madden this year.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:38 AM   #19
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13

The first year on the next gen might be a little here and there, but I think it'll be fine. The madden next gen engine is actually pretty solid an the gameplay and AI is pretty well done. They'd have to speed up the gameplay, but EA did a pretty good job in delivering a next gen model in only a few months. The biggest challenge will be in putting everything together quickly. Modelling all those stadiums, etc are going to be tough, but the uniforms are easy... very easy.

I'm guessing we'll get a pretty solid product this next year and it might not be quite as thorough as last year's but I bet it's a top notch game. I also think Madden will be very well done next year as EA has lots of time to get new features, etc into the game.

I just want to know about sharing rosters with the 360... that's the biggest concern. I want so badly to buy CHOOPS2k6 360 but without names, I don't know if I can deal with it. Sure, it's petty, but we're all VERY spoiled.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:45 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 31

I didn't buy Madden or NCAA for the first time since I owned a playstation this year but did play them a little bit with friends and rented them on X-box. I also played a few games of Madden on Xbox 360 and if the same concept of football, no gang tackling, same running/tackling physics, same QB drop/throw physics then I will not purchase. It is frustrating as hell seeing the type of animations EA opted for with Madden 360. There was a video that showed them motion capturing tackles and it was absolutely pathetic the types of hits they were capturing. No realism what so ever.....that is why I am worried.

Realistic stadiums, jerseys, and player models matter very little when the replication of football isn't realistic.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:09 AM   #21
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm normally an EA basher, specifically Madden, but I think EA just ran out of time. They had 4-5 months to get everything in their and they just simply couldn't implement and test everything. Madden 360 was a let down, but 07 is where we will really be able to see what EA is or isn't going to do with it's next gen football games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2005, 08:20 PM   #22
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauminator
That's the attitude I've finally been able to fully embrace lately and it's done wonders for my enjoyment. These are video games. They will never be real football. That doesn't mean they can't be fun.
Agreed, but it would be nice to seem them take strides each year to be a little closer to real football. I am still playing 2004 as the additions in the last 2 versions haven't really interested me.

I would like to see them take the elements that made 2003 OS game of the year, and make those elements even better. Instead we get "Create a Girlfriend".
Old 12-16-2005, 09:58 AM   #23
*n H**t*s..R*b**ld*ng..

SLAYER's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm not that worried about NCAA '07. The developers have had a longer time to work on it compared to Madden, and I could care less if the Orange Bowl looks perfect (the real one needs work, anyhow). Just retain the gameplay and the features, first. Render about 15 stadiums to the most minute detail, and make variations. When they figure out how to compress data wisely, they'll definitely get close to the magic 112 number. Until then, I'll be patient.

I can't wait for HFA on the 360 & PS3. Imagine mashing the button, and watching the crowd react in real-time. Maybe they'll improve the crowd AI where we won't have to mash the button for HFA, and they'll cheer according to the score, teams, time remaining, down, etc.

I think the next "truly great" NCAA game is going to be NCAA '08. By that time, the next-gen run of NCAA will be hitting its stride.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:46 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
There's no reason to worry at all considering two completely different dev teams work on each game. Not only that but NCAA has had way more dev time (in addition to better programmers IMO)
Yeah you keep telling yourself that lol. Sure its two diff DEV teams but its still EA as a whole. Like I said, I base my assumptions soley on someones track record and EA's wasnt good for current gen and its started off bad with half finished NBA Lives and Maddens for next gen. What makes you think its gonna be any different with NCAA???

Based soley on thier own track record they have set for themselves (they have NO ONE to blame for it but themselves) I forsee an incomplete NCAA football. I forsee half of a game. I foresee no Dynasty mode, maybe a watered down season mode, etc...and you know what? You or EA cannot bash me for what I "foresee", im basing it off of nothing but thier own track record. What more could you ask for. Is someone supposed to get mad when a bank turns them down for a loan because of thier past track record with paying loans back? LOL. NOPE. well they SHOULDNT get mad. IMO EA's credit aint so good when it comes to delivering on thier games every year, they have a low FICA score so to speak.

If NCAA is a COMPLETE game when it comes out, I will be suprised.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »