Home

Improve One Thing

This is a discussion on Improve One Thing within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2006, 06:30 PM   #9
Rookie

t_mercer28's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Improve One Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
If you could change only one thing about this game for 2007, what would you change?

For me I would say the short passing game. The spacing in the zone defenses makes this hard and the risk-reward for throwing short is simply too tough compared to throwing deep. Its easier to complete the deep ball and less risky than relying on throwing slants and curls.
AMEN TO THAT BROTHER!!!!

Nothing annoyed me more than the lack of any kind of short passing game - slants were often useless, flares are the only ones that work (until the defense caught on). Not only that, but the deep ball was ridiculous, no matter what you did with the sliders.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:33 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 10

I don't even think there are enough short route plays? A lot of the passing plays are specifically designed for long routes! The tight end has some short routes, but receivers do not have enough unless you hot route to a curl...
Old 02-19-2006, 09:05 PM   #11
Rookie

scrotozoa's Arena

OVR: 1

All of these are good but the without a doubt the one change that this game needs is to ease up on the robo-zone the computer plays. It is absolutely insane. The middle linebackers and safeties morphing back 5 yards and 3 feet high at the same time to swat/intercept a pass is absurd. I agree that there are interior line problems as well but IMO this is by FAR the biggest problem with 2006.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2006, 08:33 AM   #12
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrotozoa
All of these are good but the without a doubt the one change that this game needs is to ease up on the robo-zone the computer plays. It is absolutely insane. The middle linebackers and safeties morphing back 5 yards and 3 feet high at the same time to swat/intercept a pass is absurd. I agree that there are interior line problems as well but IMO this is by FAR the biggest problem with 2006.
I totally agree. The super awareness of the zone player hurt a lot of things. I could fix most other things with sliders to where I was happy but there was nothing you could do about this. The super zone and the super recovery are very evident on Heisman.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:02 AM   #13
MVP

devilsjaw's Arena

OVR: 27

The sim engine.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:33 AM   #14
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrotozoa
All of these are good but the without a doubt the one change that this game needs is to ease up on the robo-zone the computer plays. It is absolutely insane. The middle linebackers and safeties morphing back 5 yards and 3 feet high at the same time to swat/intercept a pass is absurd.
Absolutely, I've stuck with NCAA '04 for the past three years. I just can't take that superhuman D.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 02-20-2006, 11:35 AM   #15
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Revamp the passing game. Take madden's.

And also fix the coverage. Receivers dominate game. I don't expect lockdown cuz its college but damn, triple coverage and the receiver makes the grab.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2006, 12:51 PM   #16
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

The freakin' sim engine!! Please. Again, refer to NCAA 2004.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »