Home

Sticking with the current gen version?

This is a discussion on Sticking with the current gen version? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2006, 05:44 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Sticking with the current gen version?

Sticking with Current Gen because I don't have the money for a Next Gen system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2006, 11:04 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Regardless of whether you like how they are implemented, they aren't gimmicks. By admitting they are good ideas, but not implemented right, means they are a flawed (in your opinion anyways) gameplay enhancement, not a gimmick.
When are push tackles big hits..& the cone vision is lame..Sorry, there are no flashlights on the field of play..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 05-04-2006, 11:05 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearnzo
I am going on the fact that EA rarely changes gameplay, even when it needs to be overhauled. I DID play Madden for 360 last year, and compared to current gen, it didn't play up to par. They had finally gotten nearly everything to nearly as good as it gets on current gen, but even last year's Madden for 360 was a gigantic letdown for most due to not only leaving features out, but the lack of realistic gameplay on the field. They had the opportunity to rid Madden of many of the gameplay problems that plagued the game for years, such as suction blocking, but didn't take advantage. The game even played stiffer than the current gen version. Now I understand they rushed the game out for sales, but it is unlikely given their past that they will upgrade the gameplay anytime soon to where it needs to be.

I'm just afraid the same will happen this year with not only Madden, but since NCAA uses the same engine, that as well.
If madden plays as badly as it did last yr, I will agree with you..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 05-04-2006, 11:08 PM   #44
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearnzo
Anyone else here sticking with the current gen versions of NCAA and Madden? I just could care less about the improved graphics on 360, considering I actually prefer the models and such on current gen anyways.

I'm sure it's been discussed, but next gen just seems to worried about changing things that weren't broken, or removing features just to include them a few years from now as a "new" feature.

I honestly believe the current gen versions of NCAA and Madden were damn close to as good as it gets. Granted, there are some flaws, such as blocking, but those can be fixed either in NCAA/Madden 07, or even in the 06 versions using the right sliders.

I just don't see the big deal about next gen NCAA/Madden. I am perfectly content with the current gen, as the graphics are already stunning as it is on XBOX. Anyone else feel the same way?
I think it's easy for guys to say this that don't own a 360.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 05-04-2006, 11:17 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
I think it's easy for guys to say this that don't own a 360.
Yea how many who do have a 360 still say that they'll stick with the current gen? Not I unless the 360 version sucks AND the current gen is on the BC list...
NCAA FB: Gamecocks and Tarheels
NCAA BB: Gamecocks and Tarheels
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2006, 11:22 PM   #46
Rookie

Maverick611's Arena

OVR: 1

I dont know yet, I dont have a 360 but I plan on getting one but I dont know if its worth it for this game. Guess I 'll have to wait to and see how this game turns out first.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:51 AM   #47
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I'll be getting this puppy on Xbox for the sixth straight year, ah the memories from over the years.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 05-05-2006, 11:57 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rback21
Yea how many who do have a 360 still say that they'll stick with the current gen? Not I unless the 360 version sucks AND the current gen is on the BC list...
I just got my 360 a couple of weeks ago, but I'm still completely on the fence about which system to get NCAA Football for. It basically depends on the feature list. If the 360 version is missing basic stuff like player editing capability and other staples we've been used to for years in the series, I'll stick with the regular XBox version for another year. If so, if the 360 version gets good reviews otherwise, I might pick it up used later, just to see for myself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »