Home

IGN:Masterbit HD NCAA video

This is a discussion on IGN:Masterbit HD NCAA video within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2006, 01:48 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: IGN:Masterbit HD NCAA video

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
Aaron Lewis?
think so. from albuquerque. i didnt know the guy. he went to rival HSs.a HS I hate. but just wondering if he's getting his props at UT vs. being an automatic 90 rated player on UNM had he chose them
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2006, 01:57 AM   #42
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggmanchris
I can't believe how many of you guys fell for that insider bs.
...You dont have to be an insider?

Maybe you do for the HD version then?

Im not sure
Old 06-22-2006, 02:50 AM   #43
Rookie

_K-Mac_'s Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by granvilleberry
The only glaring mistake is that they have OU vs. texas in Austin. Now, that may be the unfortunate case in a handfull of years as Dallas can't seem to pull it's head out of it's backside in regards to upgrading the Cotton Bowl but it surely isn't the case now. Any respectable college ball fan knows that the Red River Shootout is played in the Cotton Bowl, just as Army vs. Navy is played at a neutral site (was in Philly, now I think it rotates between Baltimore and Philly) as well as Fla.-Georgia in Jacksonville. They even have the ATT game logo at midfield, so how could they miss it? Maybe the Cotton Bowl isn't one of the "70" stadiums replicated, but that would indicate that the only bowl game stadiums that are duplicated and not generic would be BCS. Now that would suck. Also, somebody was talking about an "AP". Peterson is known as "AD" (All Day), not AP. Not a huge deal, but as an OU fan/alumn it gets old when folks use the wrong nicknames with OU players. I just hope that the bowl games don't get the generic treatment, but this no Cotton Bowl for OU texas doesn't have me feeling very optomistic. On the upside, Joe-Jon Finley (yes, that's really the guy's name...at least it's not Jim Bob Cooter) at TE for OU looks like the second coming of Keith Jackson (#88, not the play by play guy).
I sincerely hope the Cotton Bowl is in the game. A travesty if it isn't.

I agree with everything except what you said about Finley. I personally do not think that JJ is the future at TE. I'm banking pretty hard on Jermaine Gresham being the next great TE at OU.

Nothing against Finley, but with Gresham, he'll have to fight for his starting spot and I'd expect Gresham to see the field early and often.

EDIT: OU does have an AP. Allen Patrick. Big things are expected of him as AD's back-up.

Last edited by _K-Mac_; 06-22-2006 at 03:10 AM.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:56 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolPett
You seem like a very knowledgable OU alum, but the stadium in the video looks absolutely nothing like Memorial Stadium, so the game shown is not being played in Austin.

So for anyone that is not an IGN insider, the game is not being played in Austin, but in Dallas in a generic Cotton Bowl.
Never been to Austin for a game (though I've been to a couple of concerts) so I've never seen DKR, even though it's named after another OU alumn . I knew for dang sure it wasn't Owen Field (I refuse to call it Gaylord Fam') so it was a guess. That means we're gonna get some generic bowl game sites. That kinda sucks. No, that really sucks
Old 06-22-2006, 09:32 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by _K-Mac_
I sincerely hope the Cotton Bowl is in the game. A travesty if it isn't.

I agree with everything except what you said about Finley. I personally do not think that JJ is the future at TE. I'm banking pretty hard on Jermaine Gresham being the next great TE at OU.

Nothing against Finley, but with Gresham, he'll have to fight for his starting spot and I'd expect Gresham to see the field early and often.

EDIT: OU does have an AP. Allen Patrick. Big things are expected of him as AD's back-up.
Patrick looks like a real break-away threat, but Demarco Murray will push for second string duties this year. He's a true freshman, but with AD's likely NFL departure coming up you'd think that Murray will play to set up some depth/experience for '07. With or w/out AD, that team will be loaded on O. As for Gresham, he may not start right off the bat but he will certainly get snaps as soon as they can get them to him. With the departure of Runnels at fb and no real replacement in site, I'd look for alot of ace-set and other no-fullback formations. That sets up for some 2te sets. Personally, I'd like to see Gresham line up at wingback from time to time and maybe get a few runs by way of the end around. It would set up a handfull of plays rather well (pa end-around left to off counter right through the g-t split; pa end-around to shuttle pass over the mid if lb's bite or the flat if dbs/safety's bite). To keep this on topic, I'd like to say that I can recreate this in a true virtual Cotton Bowl rather than something that looks like a generic nothing that only slightly resembles Sun Devil Stadium.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2006, 09:46 AM   #46
MVP

Koolie G's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornfan
"Smart" longhorn fans would not cheer for OU or they would get their *** handed to them by other horns in the crowd.

Isn't "Smart" Longhorn fans an oxymoron?

Just kidding.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:08 AM   #47
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I get the following error message and yes i'm an insider and LOGGED IN

IGN

We're sorry, but the page or service you requested is temporarily unavailable. Please try requesting the page again.

If you typed in the URL, check the URL you entered to make sure there were no typing or copy-and-paste errors.

To find what you're looking for, simply enter your search terms into one of the following text boxes.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-22-2006, 11:43 AM   #48
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

I'm a 11%, at this rate I should be able to watch the vid in about an hour.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »