Home

Next-Gen and the ability to do things not possible before.

This is a discussion on Next-Gen and the ability to do things not possible before. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2006, 07:28 PM   #33
Rookie

VolPett's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Next-Gen and the ability to do things not possible before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I've read a hundred interviews regarding XBOX 360 and PlayStation 3 from producers who claim that these next-gen systems will be able to do all of these amazing things. However, the sad, and obvious fact so far is that all they have been good for is slightly better graphics than what was offered from the original XBOX..
I think that it is unfair to say that the graphics are only slightly better.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:42 PM   #34
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

The next logical step in my opinion is NaturalMotion. When that gets incorporated into sports games, hell any games (starting with Indiana Jones), it will bring a sense of realism to games that has never seen before, and it will change the videogame as we know it for good.

WebsiteFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt
Old 06-22-2006, 08:25 PM   #35
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
The next logical step in my opinion is NaturalMotion. When that gets incorporated into sports games, hell any games (starting with Indiana Jones), it will bring a sense of realism to games that has never seen before, and it will change the videogame as we know it for good.
Have you seen the Indiana Jones footage? It isn't nearly as nice as the Natural Motion tech renders. Truth be told, Euphoria is in it's infancy. It will take awhile to get programmers that can really use it's strengths. A problem with saying that Tiburon should strap this onto Madden is that it (Euphoria) is an AI/behavioral system. You would have to build the Madden code around Euphoria, not vice versa. That's why only two companies have licensed it so far. You have a better chance at new IPs' using this technology, not existing ones.

Now maybe (hold breath now!) Tiburon will pull a Triple Play/MVP rewrite of the game. (Pass out now......)

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2006, 09:12 PM   #36
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

We're not even really into the next generation cycle. It wasn't until August (for some September) that developers got access to final 360 kits, and the other systems haven't even launched yet. Final kits for the PS3 and Wii are going out this month.

With new hardware, comes new ways of doing things. Developers have to learn the hardware. Software is still trying to catch up too, which is very important. It is not simply enough to improve hardware technology, you must also improve software technology. You can't and don't know how to take full advantage of the hardware until then. When these things happen, and publishers/developers move away from the current-gen consoles, and solely focus on the next-gen consoles, is when you will see the true face of next-gen.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:25 PM   #37
Rookie

GetBuff's Arena

OVR: 5

This is why I have not made my decision on which system I will be purchasing for the "next-gen."

I have however still foudn enjoyment in Xbox even though I was an avid PS2 owner and had the first PS2 editions out on the market. I switched to Xbox after 03 when I got tired of the fact that I couldn't get a good NCAA college basketball sim. Hopefully PS3 will be everything I ever wanted but I will say Xbox has proven itself to me after a couple years of skeptism. With my income increasing I may just have both of them!
Old 06-22-2006, 11:33 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
But remember, it took a little while with the PS2, too.

That's why I'm waiting for price drops and Microsoft showing me something special before I drop some serious Benjamins on a 360.

I dont think it took awhile with the PS2. Remember Madden 2001 is what brought the Madden franchise from the ashes.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:07 AM   #39
Rookie

johnrice20022002's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
not me. im almost 100% for better presentation

-halftime shows
-more indepth in tune to the game commentary
-weekly conference highlight shows
-heisman race monthly halftime shows
-bowl bound highlight shows
- what about a heisman announcement video

Make it like CH2k6 with its final four videos but with real highlights. there is so much to work with. i dont care about ticket prices and stuff. its nice but this is top priority stuff imo

thats all future goals for me
Thats exactly what I'd like to see...along with that though

-Highlight Cam Replay: Say if you have a breakaway touchdown run, or a highlight reel tackle. During the Play, you could either manually or automatically, the camera angle would change to a more dramatic, more up close cams..like as you're running the camera follows you from the side, and the backgqround shows the crowd starting to stand for example. Or how bout everything goes quiet and you can only hear your player breathing. This would also be a standard feature for post-play replays or pause menu. REPLAY SAVES ALSO.

-Team Oriented Celebrations: This goes for especially big plays like late game tying touchdowns or game-winning field goals. More High Fives, More group celebrations, More Traditional Taunts.

-Living Sidelines: NFL2K5 was on the verge of having this right. 3d modeled players on the sidelines standing, sitting, talking to coaches. Coaches following the plays, such as a breakaway touchdown. More cut-scenes for coaches to players.

-Expanded Pre-snap animations: Linebackers stalking the line, rushing then pulling back, pointing lineman and linebackers, lineman readjusting their stances. NFL 2k5 reference as well lol

-Campus Legend First-Person View: Picture looking through your helmet as you enter the field, with your teammates going crazy and the fans singing fight songs. Awesome for teams like Clemson and Miami...

-LINKED GANG TACKLING TO ITS FULLEST EXTENT: Nuff said

-Enhanced Player Models and Customization: 3d arm bands, towels, different sock colors, different shoes, Era-Specific jerseys like the old school tear aways or the short linebacker mesh jerseys like LT used to rock at UNC. Horse Collars, Neck Collars.

-Player Attitudes: Attitude rating system would effect how a player tackles, handles penalties, and any post-play reactions.

-Enhanced Player-Coach audio: Coaches voices and player voices included.

-New Tackle Animations: at least 20-30 new hit stick tackles with more focus on after-play celebrations like fist pumping, jumping up and down, hittin helmets

Basically, I just wanna see more emotion and college pageantry played out on the field rather than around it and off of it

Last edited by johnrice20022002; 06-23-2006 at 12:12 AM.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:28 AM   #40
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

These game developers don't have magical powers it takes time

GOD OF WAR a TOP 5 PS2 title if not higher didn't come out until the ps2 was almost 5 years old and that game took over 2 and a half years to make it takes time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »