Home

Following Recruits that u didn't get

This is a discussion on Following Recruits that u didn't get within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2006, 08:25 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 18
Following Recruits that u didn't get

Does anyone else do this also? I tend to watch the careers of recruits that I tried (and failed) to get. I also look forward to playing against them if they went to another Big Ten squad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2006, 08:32 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Following Recruits that u didn't get

Quote:
Originally Posted by elprez98
Does anyone else do this also? I tend to watch the careers of recruits that I tried (and failed) to get. I also look forward to playing against them if they went to another Big Ten squad.
I do, especially if they go to a rival. I like to schedule the team that steals great ones from me, just to show the kid what he missed out on.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:37 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 16

I do this more in College Hoops than in NCAA for some reason. In College Hoops, I intentionally schedule games against teams that got recruits I wanted. In football, I occasionally notice if my rivals get a player I wanted - but I really have to make the effort to notice.

I think as recruiting gets deeper and deeper as the game evolves, EA will eventually put in recruiting rivalries, where you will have to go head-to-head against teams in your conference for players - and this will be a big part of recruiting.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:25 AM   #4
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I definitely follow them, and I usually schedule them later in their career so I can beat their arse and make them regret the day they didn't sign w. Penn State!

I only do that w. the big time studs that I really wanted though, not everyone.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-15-2006, 11:48 AM   #5
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I do this from time to time as well. I remember last year I lost out on a stud QB that was an in-state recruit. I wanted him bad, but he went to Texas Tech instead. He started from day one as a freshman. He was really fast and had a cannon for an arm. He never beat me head to head, but he had some crazy games and I think he was considered for the Heisman during at least one season. I still remember his name...Marcus Mann. If only he had chosen to wear the black and gold...:sigh:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2006, 01:12 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

After year one of my Nebraska dynasty, Cody Glenn (#3 HB, but still very good) transferred to Arizona. I decided right then that the year after next I would kick my season off against Arizona. As it turned out, my second year at NEB went pretty poorly, a 7-6 record. I quit, looking for a change of scenery . . . and who do I see offering me a job? Arizona, with my former HB Cody Glenn ready to start his two years of eligibility. Thought he could get away from me . . .
Old 08-15-2006, 04:54 PM   #7
Rookie

TheDeuce's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeah I do that quite a bit. It's alot like real life where I'll keep tabs on some of the recruiting targets that the Hokies miss on, see how they turn out elsewhere. Makes things pretty interesting.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:37 PM   #8
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

I've never done this before, but I recently lost out to Alabama on the #1 QB with A+ strength and accuracy and a killer 40 time. I am defiintely following him to see how he turns out, he was an 82 overall to start off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »