Home

Why Doesn't EA Sports Create a PC game?

This is a discussion on Why Doesn't EA Sports Create a PC game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2006, 12:03 PM   #1
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

OVR: 10
Why Doesn't EA Sports Create a PC game?

I know in 1999 the made NCAA for the PC (and it was horrible). Anyways, if they sell Madden for the PC why not NCAA? Does anybody have a good reason? I think it would sell well, definitely better than Head Coach.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2006, 12:16 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 30
Re: Why Doesn't EA Sports Create a PC game?

Sales. Plus PC games have to constantly be maintained with patches and it may just not be worth the money.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:40 PM   #3
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
Sales. Plus PC games have to constantly be maintained with patches and it may just not be worth the money.

It would sell better than Head Coach. I realize sales may be the issue but I got to believe there is some kind of a market. I'm hearing from a few that Madden for the PC (07) is the best overall (graphics, gameplay, and mods).
Old 08-29-2006, 02:10 PM   #4
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Yeah, from what I've always understood, it's just a matter of it not selling enough on the PC to warrant a release. Of course, they haven't tried in so many years that it's kind of self-fulfilling. I would LOVE to see a PC release for NCAA. The mods alone would be worth it.

I bet we'll see a PC release for NCAA eventually. They can't hold out forever, right?
Old 08-29-2006, 02:11 PM   #5
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

And just for the record, I played the hell out of NCAA 99 on the PC. I built a heck of a dynasty with Michigan. That was back in the days when recruiting consisted of choosing a position to recruit, the type of player you wanted, and how many of your 100 points you wanted to allocate towards getting a recruit. It was a total crapshoot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2006, 02:25 PM   #6
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

Well at least two of us would love to see the game made. I'm still loving MVP 2005 for the PC (thanks to MVP Mods).
Old 08-29-2006, 02:49 PM   #7
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
Plus PC games have to constantly be maintained with patches and it may just not be worth the money.
I don't own a 360 but from what I gather on these boards EA is gonna be making a buttload of patches for NCAA and Madden anyway.

I agree with the sales aspect though, the bottom line is always money.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-29-2006, 02:51 PM   #8
Rookie

freudianslip's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobolini
Well at least two of us would love to see the game made. I'm still loving MVP 2005 for the PC (thanks to MVP Mods).
Couldn't agree more about MVP 2005 and www.mvpmods.com

I have, IMHO, the absolute best, most complete baseball sim available. Its just ridicilous what can be done with that game given all the mods available for it.

As for the prospect of seeing NCAA for the PC...I have been waiting and waiting for years. I sure hope it happens one day

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »