Home

gametrailers gameplay mechanics interview

This is a discussion on gametrailers gameplay mechanics interview within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2007, 08:51 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: gametrailers gameplay mechanics interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
Even if you're right, I would think that if you're working on a multi-million dollar football project, you had better know your football.

Either they're making a sim game or they're not. I for one am getting a little tired of this argument. Again, this is a huge company with a huge budget for a huge project: if the game can't be fun for both the casual gamer and the hardcore, then these guys haven't done their jobs.

I agree. EA could make arcade/sim modes in their games. I always easier to turn a sim into arcade play than to turn arcade play into a sim. EA could at least give us a cookie and work on the pocket and design plays around 3, 5 , 7, step drops.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2007, 09:45 AM   #42
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker78
true, but i would rather have the best programmers available then the ones that know the most about football and arent as good. i dont know about yall but im not seeing the average video game programmer as a sports fanatic.
Even if that were the case, they should supplement the geeks with a few ex-coaches or something. A great programmer not knowing what to program for is just as bad as a bad programmer. You should know football or have access to someone who does if you're going to program a football game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker78
and also the average person would not find it very fun to stay in the pocket, this is a business that tries to sell the most games rather then cater to the type of hard core sports fans that most on this board are.
People run out of the pocket because they can. The game allows them to and rewards them for it. If they game was more true to life, those same people would stay in the pocket and pass. Folks under estimate people who play like that. They don't do it because they don't know any better. They do it for the advantage. If it were more advantageous to stay in the pocket, they would.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:27 AM   #43
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
People run out of the pocket because they can. The game allows them to and rewards them for it. If they game was more true to life, those same people would stay in the pocket and pass. Folks under estimate people who play like that. They don't do it because they don't know any better. They do it for the advantage. If it were more advantageous to stay in the pocket, they would.
Great point.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:27 AM   #44
Banned

Blackvivaldi's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I agree. EA could make arcade/sim modes in their games. I always easier to turn a sim into arcade play than to turn arcade play into a sim. EA could at least give us a cookie and work on the pocket and design plays around 3, 5 , 7, step drops.

ppsssst, that will be the day.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:36 AM   #45
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

i do think that there is an issue with the containment but the qb did have 88 speed and no one was blitzing exept one lb on one play. plus this has already been adressed by the fatique and qbs not being able to run out of the pocket very much because that will affect the of his play if hes tired. also the dropping back real far because the qbs are more inaccurate from further back. all this has been talked about guys. the only thing i see is some plays on varsity where the players don't react fast or break blocks good. plus if the qb did run there was only one play(the td pass) that he would of made it more than 5 yds without contact. the bright spot was the double team blocking (very nice) and the chop block on the end by the right tackle. finally we will be able to read some blocks. major improvements over last year. i hope its better than current gen unlike last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »